Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay so I'll be totally honest- when it comes to eye shadows I'm a tiny bit of a makeup snob (not that I'm proud of that) but it's literally only when it comes to eye shadows. I always feel like if I'm going to buy an eye shadow, I'm okay with spending a little more if it means great pigmentation and staying power... But I digress.... I bought this quad because it was on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous like that at Walmart, so I figured if it sucked I wouldn't cry over my $3. To my surprise, this is an awesome product. The colours are pigmented very nicely, rich, they blend great, and make a smokey eye fool proof. The liner colour is my favourite, I like to even use it in my crease for an extra dramatic look. I followed their directions just to see if it would turn out nice and it actually did! Oh how I wish I had this back when I was learning how to do a nice smokey eye! It's wonderful for beginners! I don't think it's a lot of money even at regular price, so you should definitely try this one out!

on 4/18/2012 4:00:00 PM

Like what Blair said to Chuck (just finished watching an episode of Gossip Girl lolz), I love this quad but am not IN love with it. I definitely see it as a staple for everyone's mu bag simply because it is such a steal for the price, but if you're looking for a natural smokey eye to wear out during the day I think you're better off getting something else. This quad has a matte vanilla highlighter shade, a silvery taupe, a copperish orange crease color, and a dark matte brown-black liner shade. Hands down the most unique shade of the four is the copper crease shade.. it's such a lovely color! The matte vanilla shade is chalky and the silver taupe is very sheer. Some say that the taupe lid shade is a dupe of Satin Taupe, but I have to disagree. I have Satin Taupe, and it is far superior in terms of color and quality. The texture of the taupe in this quad is very gritty, and it has a cool undertone whereas Satin Taupe is more plumy. The brown-black shade is a bit too dark for the crease, but is lovely as a liner! I love applying it wet. Overall, I would repurchase this quad because I loveee the darkest shade and it's nice to have if you're traveling. Go get it!

on 3/29/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love eyeshadows with the steps on the package & this had some decent reviews so I wanted to try it. The colors didn't really impress me once applied. The two darker shades are too similar in my opinion and don't really pop. It looked more blah than smokey + the vanilla shade was a little to white against my skintone. The textures of all three colors were chalkier than smooth. I won't repurchase.

on 12/21/2011 1:01:00 PM

I bought this palette due to a sale at ULTA. I didn't think much of it until I used it and I thought it is terrific! The colors are easily blendable and highly pigmented!

The darkest "liner" color, I'll use on my eyebrows and I'll also use the liner color wet to line my eyes to set it as a base before I put on my eyeliner. LOVE IT and I'm such a newb at smokey eye and I think this palette helped a lot.

The only additional item I used is MUD's Butterscotch as a highlight.

This easily became one of my favorite drugstore eyeshadow quads when I first got it. I think this quad would work great for beginners - it was one of my first and I learned through using this.
Although the eyeshadows are not extremely pigmented, they are easily build-able and blend great! It worked great for everyday and even nights out, as it is a great neutral quad.
The matte shade is great for highlighting the brow bone - keeping it subtle. The taupe shade is beautiful and a great close dupe for MAC's famous Satin Taupe. Also, love the matte brown shade. It's pretty much the must have matte brown shade every girl should have in their collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/6/2011 3:02:00 AM

i bought this as a pharmacy because they were clearing out their maybeline stock so it cost me about $7 i think. I also picked up the charcoal smokes while i was at it. I had recently bought the emerald smokes one and was quite impressed so i seeing this half price in Australia i was like i got to get it seeing as its getting so many good reviews!

i like this alot. Out of the three i have, this is the best in how all the colors work toegther. My favourite would be the lid shade. OMG! its the most gorgeous taupe with undertones of like a gold shimmer, but this isnt overly shimmery. I usually use the brow, lid and crease color (not the intense dark brown) for a really nice slightly more dressy day look. I like how you can use the colors and turn a day look into a night look. Its very versatile.

The quality of the eyeshadow is very good for drugstore. It just as pigemented as my Urban Decay, but a little harder to blend. That doesnt fuss me too much because it was $7! its small and compact and is great for travel. I will admit maybelline really should get with the times and make the packaging alot more sleek and presentable. But other than that what a great product! buy it!

i find this is an easy way to apply a smoky eye,i love how this goes on and the product itself is great ,
im not sure if i like the package because you have to be extra careful or the cover can come off and it can ruin your whole quad
overall i LOVE this product:)

on 2/4/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this product!!! It is a great drugstore buy and my go-to look if I don't have time. Pretty much my everyday look.

on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an okay palette. I have several Maybelline quads, and this isn't one of my favorites. It is great for a neutral smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is the horrible taupe color. The color APPEARS to be pretty, but it lacks pigmentation. I have to literally dig my brush in this color to pick up any color.