Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.9

on 12/16/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that I have the old version of this eyeshadow quad, the one where all the shades are the in the same size pans. I've had this quad for years now, which yes, I admit is pretty gross and I should probably just buy a new one. I ran out of the lightest colour the fastest, which is probably why they've increased the pan size on that shade in the new packagaing. But the last three colours are still going strong. They are super creamy, no fall out and very highly pigmented. I use the darkest shade for filling in my brows since I have dark brows and it's a nice cool toned brown. Overall, this quad is well worth the money seeing as I've been using it for probably over 5 years now and the eyeshadow is just as good as it was when I first bought it.

on 2/16/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably the only palette in which i actually use all the colours, which should amount to 5 lippies by itself, but i deducted a lippie simply because of personal preference and nothing else. I originally bought this quad because the liner shade matched my eyebrows perfectly and at around $16 AUD (i bought this online so it's a bit cheaper than the price in stores), it's not exactly expensive, considering the array of over-priced $20+ drug store products in Australia. I use the liner shade for my brows and the lightest shade as a brow highlight and both colours are extremely pigmented. The only shade that i'm kind of on the fence with is the lid colour, which some reviewers have stated that it's a dupe for MAC's satin taupe. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pigmented shade and blends like a dream, but personally, i think that the shade is a bit too cool-toned on my warm, yellow skin. I use this shade with a very light hand all over the lid and i blend the chocolate brown shade in my outer-v. All shades are very pigmented and blends well except for the highlight shade which i find a bit chalky. Would i purchase this product again? I've put down a 'yes' simply because i have yet to find a good brow colour by itself. The other three colours are great, but they are not the reason why i would buy this quad again because even though i use them, i have better ones that actually match my skin colour.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, this product is okay. The pigmentation on three of the four colors is great, but the shimmery taupe-y color has very little pigmentation. I still sometimes wear it, but I pretty much have to dig my brush in it and pack it on. The off-white is okay, but not as pigmented as, say, Revlon Colorstay "Vintage Lace". The copper and dark brown are super pigmented, and a little goes a long way. The packaging is a little cheap and the clear plastic lid has broken off. However, I have the old quad with equal size pans, so the new packaging might be sturdier.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dis is d best eyeshadow...i mean cheap n best n shade is all nude everyday use...must buy

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

since this product is not available in NZ where i reside, i had my bf's parents picking up some for me when they were in the states. i got the quad in the new package which i must say im not a big fan of as the best colors are in smaller pans!! the shadows are not crazily pigmented and i need to use a primer to get them to show. unlike some of the prior reviewers, i only use it when i go out and stuff because i can create some pretty intense looks with it and my everyday look is extremely minimal (because im lazy). i think i might have to order off allcosmeticswholesale for some of them old packages.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this quad for creating a simple, everyday eye look. My two favorite shadows are the lid and outer corner colors. Unfortunately, those are the two smallest shadows in the palette. I really wish they'd kept the old packaging, where all four shadows were equally sized. Now the two biggest shadows are the base and liner. I don't mind about the liner, because it is a color I could use in a lot of looks, but I really don't like the base color. It's not pigmented at all--it doesn't even show up. If I actually wanted a highlight with this look, I'd have to go grab another shadow. So, for the three other shadows, this is amazing, but that terrible, over-sized base shadow that I'll never use kind of ruins it. Minus 1 lippie for that and the fact that the lid color could be a bit more pigmented.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the few stylish smokes quads I don't particularly care for some odd reason.I guess the shades I expected to be more intense,but maybe it's just a quirk of mine.I just think it didn't quite do it for me,but thank god all the others are really good

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a quad that works for all skin tones and all occasions. I use it for my everyday look, I'm NC35 and all the colours are great! They're pigmented, easy to work with, little to no fallout, and blend wonderfully well. It's cheap too, and most of the time you can find it somewhere on sale for even cheaper. I wouldn't recommend the little applicators it comes with though, because they're quite stiff and difficult to use.

on 1/20/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this but it's just not doing it for me.
The colors in this quad don't really go with each other at all. If I'd use them I would have to use them separately. I think the problem with it is that it's a bit too cool for my skin tone. I much rather like maybelline's chai latte quad for a nice natural smokey eye.
The pigmentation in this quad isn't great. The chai latte quad is better so I dont know where they went wrong with this one.
I'd try it out though. It's not at all too expensive.

on 12/28/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice quad. They compliment my skin tone well and it's really easy to use. The eyeshadows have pretty good pigmentation, considering that they're from the drugstore. I have pretty good wear with them. There's some fallout from the lid and crease colors but as long as I pack on the color instead of sweeping it on I don't really get any fallout. The brow bone color is pretty chalky but I don't really use it anyway so it didn't matter to me. Overall, this is a good e/s quad for a beginner or if you want something quick for those days when you don't have enough time to apply e/s.