Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

I love these colors. I have both UD NAKED palettes, and I frequently reach for this instead! Yes, the pigmentation is a little low in comparison, but if I use a good eye primer, it's totally worth it!!! I love these colors for both a natural eye and a sexy smoky eye. Just use a primer first and save some money! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

Overall, I really like the colours in this quad. I get the most use out of the shimmery taupe lid colour and the dark brown liner colour, which I use on my lower lash line. I unfortunately have the new design for the quad, where the lid and crease colour are puny, which is annoying because the white colour is so big and its useless. It's chalky with no pigmentation.

Overall I love the colours, but I'll be on the look out for more quality colours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I went to Walmart after watching a ton of makeup tutorials and reviews using this eye quad, and got it for only 3 dollars because it was on sale. That's very cheap for me.. Over all this product will create a nice, natural, smoky look. My favorite color in this quad is the color that is similar to MACS satin taupe. It's really pretty to look at and imagine on your eye.. But I find myself applying it with brush like hundreds of times to get it to show up good and then sometimes I give up and use my finger. After I while it looks alright, but to me it's not as shimmery as it looks in the package. I also like the dark brown color. It's so pigmented, and doesn't have much fallout. Blends easily. But a color I use instead of this one sometimes is Too Faced sexpresso.. They look alike but sexpresso is warmer. I also like the highlight which is a vanilla-ish color. Its so sheer, but i think its very pretty. Maybelline made a very nice quad, but it just doesn't work for me like it does for others.. I have to apply so many layers which I really just don't like.

on 7/11/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed by the quality of these shadows. They blend easily and have good pigmentation. The colors are a gorgeous taupey brown eye. I would definitely buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this quad for almost a year ever since hollyanaeree's tutorial using this quad on YouTube. I also have Asian eyes like her so I wanted to try it out on myself since it looked great on her! I forgot about it for a while and never remembered to buy it. A few months ago, I saw some Maybelline eye shadows at Walmart and remembered about the Natural Smokes quad but, there were none there at all! Everytime I went to Walmart, they weren't there! I was really scared that they were discontinued but I found them for about $4 a month ago. I tried the hollyanaeree look and loved it! The new packaging makes applying the lid color kind of hard because of the small area the shadow is in, but I don't mind. The lid color is said to be similar to satin taupe by Mac, but I wouldn't know because I don't own any Mac items, but I do agree it is a taupey color. I use this quad for everyday or another quad, depending on how I feel that day. I use the lightest color as a wash all over my eye (lid to browbone). Then I apply the taupey color to my lid. Next, I apply the shimmery chocolate color to my crease and a little bit in my outercorner. It's a really simple look that I love and I love this quad! (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this quad.Nevermind I love it I loooove the entire Stylish Smokes line from Maybelline but Natural Smokes is my absolute favorite because the colors are very wearable I am bi racial with tan like skin this quad looks so natural on me and I was suprised how pigmented the outer corner brown is really makes your eyes pop. I have since lost this quad and cant find one in this color and really miss it.I love this. Best drugstore shadow and great for beginners also.Don't drop this the plastic cover can break off

UPDATE I had to repurchase and I'm still in love with it. Taupe lovers will love this. I love this so much more then chi latte(to coppery)

on 12/31/2010 7:48:00 PM

This is a great quad. I don't like heavy makeup looks, but with this quad you can create a nice smokey eye that isn't too intense. Also, with an eyeshadow base the colours last for hours with very little fallout, which is great considering how cheap the quad is.

on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this quad! The colors are gorgeous, and you can really go from day-time-natural to night-time-smokey with this. I still prefer UD e/s, but this is great for travel and when you just need something quick. I find there is some glittery fall-out from the lid and crease colors, and the matte colors are not as creamy and pigmented as I would like, but for the price it is fine. It is fairly long wearing for a d/s e/s, but I always use a primer and I do get some creasing after a couple hours. I'd recommend this and the Chai Latte quad to make-up beginners.