Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

4.4

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay so I'll be totally honest- when it comes to eye shadows I'm a tiny bit of a makeup snob (not that I'm proud of that) but it's literally only when it comes to eye shadows. I always feel like if I'm going to buy an eye shadow, I'm okay with spending a little more if it means great pigmentation and staying power... But I digress.... I bought this quad because it was on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous like that at Walmart, so I figured if it sucked I wouldn't cry over my $3. To my surprise, this is an awesome product. The colours are pigmented very nicely, rich, they blend great, and make a smokey eye fool proof. The liner colour is my favourite, I like to even use it in my crease for an extra dramatic look. I followed their directions just to see if it would turn out nice and it actually did! Oh how I wish I had this back when I was learning how to do a nice smokey eye! It's wonderful for beginners! I don't think it's a lot of money even at regular price, so you should definitely try this one out!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All the colors are wearable, the base color and liner color are matte and the crease and lid color have a sheen to them but still natural enough for work. This quad is really good for all skin tones, the intensity is fine alone but when used wet it is like no other- super pigmented and long lasting

on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I only really use neutrals on my eyes, and this is so far the best I've tried! I use the darkest shade as liner for my eyes and brows, and the shimmery taupe for my lids. I don't use the lightest shade or the crease shade as often, only when I'm going for a more dramatic look.

I recently ran out of the lid colour, and instead of re-purchasing I bought the single-colour Chic Naturals 250S Tastefully Taupe. I actually like this much better, it doesn't have as much shimmer and the colour suits me better.

I would purchase this quad again though, it's really handy for the darker colour and when traveling... but they changed the packaging and now you don't get an even amount of each colour, so I might be looking for something new.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

on 2/2/2012 2:46:00 PM

The palette is OK, nothing to rave about. The color payoff is is really low, the colors are nice, but you're going to have a hard time transferring that to your lid, all the colors are sheer, and if you like the taupey color in the palette, just buy satin taupe by MAC. your better off.

on 1/24/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

natural smokes in maybelline is a verry nice eye shadows palette. It contains: a dark matte brown, a light matte cream,a shimmery brown-copper,a medium shimmery taupe.goes on smoothly on the application,it stays on long, just enought color to do a more natural look,just enought shimmers to bring some light to the eyes!love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this over a year ago during their annual 50% of sale at Kmart.
I'll give them credit for being cheap, but that's about it. I found these shadows useless, fades quickly, bad pigmentation. Uncertain about crease and folds because these fades soo quickly, they dont even get a chance to crease or fold.
These are good for initially practicing or getting started with eye shadow, colours are all just standard, nothing incredible. I did find these really chalky.

on 4/17/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this quad last week and finally got around to using it today. I am a Mac NC45 and hmmmmm... I don't really like it YET. I didn't find the taupe color showed up well on me. The crease color and liner color did work well. The highlight color was not the best. I will not give up on this product because of the great reviews. I have to get a new UDPP and try this product again over primer to make the lid color really pop. Still think it's great.

i find this is an easy way to apply a smoky eye,i love how this goes on and the product itself is great ,
im not sure if i like the package because you have to be extra careful or the cover can come off and it can ruin your whole quad
overall i LOVE this product:)

I love love love this product. I have NEVER been into brown eyeshadows.. but this one changed everything for me. :) I even went the extra mile and bought a back-up one today along with the Sunlit Bronze quad, hoping I like it as much as I like this one!!

Each color is absolutely perfect. I found this product by watching a girl on youtube review and demonstrate how to use it. So I did it step by step the way she said and it was great!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

PS the lid color is the prettiest. I wish i could buy another eyeshadow of jsut the crease color!