Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I started using make-up back in 2007-08 this was on the very first eyeshadow colours I ever purchased. I loved it at 13 years old and now at 19, I still reach for these colours. They are my go-to, feel good eye shadows. Whenever I'm going out for a date or girl's night I almost always use Natural Smokes if I want to be guaranteed that I'm going to like how I look. I think these were the shadows I was using while learning how to do a smokey eye, but I think it's still really good even for smokey eye veterans ;)

For a while, I was focusing on using more of my higher-end shadows, but I always find myself rediscovering this palette and adoring it all over again.

on 9/30/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this for awhile and it is such a great kit. I do wish that they had kept all the colors the same size and the most used shades in this are tiny....so silly. But anyhow, this is such a great neutral palette but instead of using the taupe lid shade in this I use the Maybelline single in tastefully taupe which is very pigmented and fabulous! The taupe included in the palette isn't super pigmented but does work in a pinch if you use a few coats. When I run out of this I will rebuy for it's one of my most used items.

on 11/4/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a disclaimer: over the years I have become a bit of a HE snob..I blame it on MUA haha. But in reality, the feeling of finding an amazing DS find is better than finding an amazing HE find to me. Sadly, that feeling is few and far between for me. I have had really bad luck with DS eyeshadows, and this is no exception. I bought this because a Youtube guru used it in her daily makeup look and it looked lovely on her. The eyeshadows appear to be absolutely gorgeous chocolates. However, once applied the pigmentation just flat out sucks. I was really unhappy about it. I tried packing it on but still the pigmentation was lacking. I just bought the Too Faced natural at Night palette and the pigmentation of those eyeshadows are amazing compared to the Maybelline quad.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors complement each other very nicely but are not very pigmented. Would probably buy again

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love the colors in this quad and I like the pigmentation of Maybelline eyeshadows. I wish they didn't reshape these Stylish Smokes quads so that you get more of the liner and base colors, and less of the lid and crease colors.

on 1/17/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't like this palette. I love my Chia Latte quad and was hoping this would meet the high expectations I set for it but it was a fail! I also thought (and was wrong!) about the "lid" color being a good dupe for mac's satin taupe, but it lacks pigmentation! The brow color was ok but also pretty chalky. The other colors are ok but nothing to rave about. May use on occasion but will def not repurchase.

on 1/2/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been eyeing this palette for a while now but unfortunately I got it when they changed the shape of each eyeshadow. They're no longer the same square shape. I don't know if they changed the formulation or I just happened to get the bad one out of the bunch, but I absolutely hated it. I tried to swatch it on my finger and the shadows were hard and NOT pigmented at all. I felt like I had to DIG my brush in order to pick up some decent pigmentation. And on top of that it was difficult to blend the colors together. I'm definitely returning this and getting my money back. I'm really disappointed because I've read all these great reviews and I really love the colors in this palette.

on 11/7/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very nice, especially for the price. I love to wear the crease color on the lid as a standalone shade, I wish I could find this in a single shade. I would think this quad would work for many different skin tones. For ref: NC50.

on 11/6/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This isn't the best quality e/s and the packaging lacks but I have already purchased a back-up. Needs primer for best lasting power..UDPP.
The red undertones really make my blue eyes pop. I'm actually only rating this as a 5 because it works so well on my complexion. I am solidly a Colorstay oily/combo 180 Sand Beige, AL 2YL. Med Auburn hair and blue eyes.
I don't use it as instructed though. I have deepset eyes and the brow 'hides' my big eyelid. (I have hooded eyes but my eyelid is huge). If I apply the colors as instructed I just end up with a flat looking eye...hoping this makes sense to ya'll...lol.
I use the lightest brow/hilite on my entire eye area, concentrated on the lid/lash line and blended up above the crease as a base. The lid color goes into the crease and the crease color is my "V". The color labeled outer corner I use as a smudged liner during the day but for a more dramatic or smokey look I use MAC black tied over liquid black liner.
This method along with a nude/pink lipgloss can be a soft, neutral daytime or a smokin' hot, sexy look for night.
I like how I can start out the day with these colors at work and then just amp it up in the evening.
I am really looking to dupe these with a higher quality/pigmented brand now.

on 10/14/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like its high light color(matte) and dark brown(matte).