Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what all the fuss is about... These eyeshadows are below average. If you are like me and you are mainly interested in the shimmery taupe eyeshadow in the quad I urge you to look the other way... That shadow has no pigmentation whatsoever, it contains some chunky glitter particles that create a ton of fall out. I need to swipe my brush over the shadow 4 or 5 times in order to get it to look decent... Not great... But decent..... Also the shimmery chocolate brown isn't that great either, while it does not create any fallout, it does lack pigmentation, i need to battle with it in order to get good color payoff. The lightest cream color is ok...a little powdery but better than the other 2. The only other color that I like and that I use is the matte dark expresso brown. Contrary to the 3 previous shades, this one blends so well, has excellent color payoff off and actually looks true to the color in the pan. So really if your only interested in that matte brown, then I would say maybe buy this quad? But really a good deep matte brown can be found with any brand so it isn't worth it to buy this whole quad for that one shadow. So yes, this quad is definetley a fail in my book.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not very impressed by this product. The colors are not really pigmented and I feel I need to dig into the lid color to get anything on. The browbone color (the light beige) is chalky and basically useless.I have had better results with other drug store brands such as Wet n Wild (which is actually cheaper). I will use this for everyday looks but I will not repurchase.

EDIT: I have changed my feelings about this product and will give it a higher rating. I have since learned how to use it better. I prefer not to use the lid color and instead use MAC's Satin Taupe, but I use the other 3 colors. I notice I have been picking up this quad more than any other so I guess I do like it. I would repurchase it <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This was a really great buy for me. I picked it up for 3.99 CDN at Shoppers and I've been really pleased with it. I can't pull off a natural smokey eye because it's just too dark for me. I'm quite pale, so the natural smokes quad gives me a really nice look for nighttime without going overboard. I don't think I'll be wearing in the daytime since it's a little dramatic although some of the colors on their own would work I imagine. I would recommend snapping this up. I think pretty much anyone would be able to get use out of it.

on 3/27/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite quad from Maybelline. I would buy thousands of these if the pigmentation of the lid color was just a little better. I adore that color so I have found how to work with it. I find if you use a sponge applicator and pat on the color instad of brushing back and forth you get more color that way. I also like that they try to add different finishes in this quad.

on 3/27/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this primarily for the taupe color in the upper left hand corner and unfortunately, the quality of that particular color is crap even with a primer. It has little pigmentation and it's chalky. There is major fallout too..throughout the day, you will see that shimmer has migrated below your eyes. You can't build on it..the more you pack this on, the more chunky shimmer you see but no color. I am nc40-42 and this just doesn't show up nicely so if you're tanned, beware of the lack of pigmentation. The quality and color pay off for the other three shades are pretty decent and I actually really like the highlighter and darkest color. I think this is a good buy if you don't own a lot of eyeshadows and you are on a budget so I gave it 3 stars instead of 2 but I would not rebuy this.