Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I started using make-up back in 2007-08 this was on the very first eyeshadow colours I ever purchased. I loved it at 13 years old and now at 19, I still reach for these colours. They are my go-to, feel good eye shadows. Whenever I'm going out for a date or girl's night I almost always use Natural Smokes if I want to be guaranteed that I'm going to like how I look. I think these were the shadows I was using while learning how to do a smokey eye, but I think it's still really good even for smokey eye veterans ;)

For a while, I was focusing on using more of my higher-end shadows, but I always find myself rediscovering this palette and adoring it all over again.

I didn't think I would like these eyeshadows but they are actually pretty good. I have a couple of these "smokes" and don't really have too many complaints.

on 3/12/2014 1:59:00 PM

I love this quad. I suck at smokey eyes but this makes it easy AND natural looking and not batshit crazy looking! Not the softest most pigmented shadows ever but that is good since I am heavy handed.

I am a sucker for a really good ad in a magazine and lately Maybelline has some really rockin ads for their eye shadow quads. I picked up "Natural Smokes" and "Chai Latte." I used an eye shadow primer (Lorac). The good: these quads have some of the most beautiful color combinations ever and they are dirt cheap. The bad: color payoff..requires patience. I had to keep dipping my brush and applying to get the degree of color I wanted. If you're on a budget, these aren't bad. If you can afford Urban Decay or MAC, resist the temptation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

I love this quad, I absolutley love the lid color. I've HEARD its a dupe for satin taupe from Mac. It's a gorgeous color. Anyways, when used properly it creates a beautiful smokey eye. Doesn't crease throughout the day when i put it over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.LOVE LOVE LOVE

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like this quad actually. I wear it quite a bit, especially the "lid" color...the shimmery cool brown, which btw def needs a base or prepare for falling shimmer all over your under eye and cheek area. It's an easy go to for me. Is this spectacular? Well...no....but it's pretty dang good, especially for a low end item. Browns like these are always flattering for my blue eyes. The lid color is the star of this quad, the others are just less special but still nice enough / adequate.

on 11/4/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a disclaimer: over the years I have become a bit of a HE snob..I blame it on MUA haha. But in reality, the feeling of finding an amazing DS find is better than finding an amazing HE find to me. Sadly, that feeling is few and far between for me. I have had really bad luck with DS eyeshadows, and this is no exception. I bought this because a Youtube guru used it in her daily makeup look and it looked lovely on her. The eyeshadows appear to be absolutely gorgeous chocolates. However, once applied the pigmentation just flat out sucks. I was really unhappy about it. I tried packing it on but still the pigmentation was lacking. I just bought the Too Faced natural at Night palette and the pigmentation of those eyeshadows are amazing compared to the Maybelline quad.

Overall, I really like the colours in this quad. I get the most use out of the shimmery taupe lid colour and the dark brown liner colour, which I use on my lower lash line. I unfortunately have the new design for the quad, where the lid and crease colour are puny, which is annoying because the white colour is so big and its useless. It's chalky with no pigmentation.

Overall I love the colours, but I'll be on the look out for more quality colours.

on 7/11/2012 3:13:00 PM

I have used this quad almost daily because I love the colors but they aren't very pigmented :( I have to layer them quite a bit to get the colors to show. The consistency is great though and I love the price and how it makes my dark grey/blue eyes pop!! I'll probably continue to use and buy this product because I haven't found another affordable quad with these colors.