Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 8/12/2009 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this quad. The colors are great, not too shimmery, not too matte, and it STAYS PUT! I can wear it from morning to night and I don't have to touch up or anything. I like wetting it a little bit so it would go on slightly darker. It creates a beautiful smokey look. A definite re buy!

on 9/25/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

OK, so I've never bought any Maybelline eyeshadows before, but was sucked in by the reviews on this product, especially all the reviewers who talked about how nice this looked with their brown eyes. Well, I agree that it does look very nice with brown eyes, but I must say I don't really dig the texture of these shadows. There is so much sparkle fall out with the lid shade, that I find that I have to apply with a square of toilet tissue held under my eye to catch the glitter fall out. Also, I find the darkest shade to be very chalky and hard to blend. One thing I do like about this quad is that if you apply with a sponge tipped application, you get a much more dramatic look than if you apply with brushes, which will give you a softer, more day appropriate look. I'm not completely unhappy with this purchase, but I wouldn't buy it again if I ever got to the bottom of the product or if I dropped it and broke it.

on 9/27/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not impressed with this one...I'll give it two lippies as it may work better for others and it's price point is great.

The shades have been described perfectly so I won't get into that. My main issues with this quad are the finishes and textures of the shadows

The highlighter shade is very chalky, blah and too matte. It could use more shimmer/frost to fulfill it's purpose imo.

The lid shade isn't shimmery but downright glittery. I found the glitter in it flaked everywhere on me-MAJOR FALLOUT and the shade was difficult to apply and blend. It didn't look taupe on me at all, just like a sheer, deep beige with obnoxious silver glitter.

The crease and outer corner shades are pretty but a tad chalky and hard to blend. They were also a touch too dark/severe on me but mind you I am quite fair skinned. This probably wouldn't be a problem for deeper skintones.

Nice try Maybelline but this quad could use some tweaking imo. May work okay for some but it's not for me. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the shade colors and they look nice together, but like others noted, the texture is a bit off. The highlighter for the brow bone is chalky and the shade for the inner corners is too muddy. With all that aside, I think this is a good palette to play around with and layer. I also think it's neutrality is perfect for work or a date. There is no glitter, but shimmer and I notice it more in the sunlight.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wasnt really expecting these colors to sort of have red undertones, but they do. Red doesnt really flatter my skin tone so I dont really like it. I bought it believing they would be like a natural brown/black/grey but not at all. I'll be giving this away ... :( I had high hopes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an OK product and only worth buying in a sale. The lid color is chalky & chunks of glitter & it's not pigmented at all. Some say it is like satin taupe, but I feel that it is nothing close for the texture, pigmentation, and lasting power do not compare. The crease color & corner color are pretty decent. They're pigmented and I'm willing to use those. I tend to pick up the quad more for the highlight color...it's a matte cream color which I think is best for highlights since I do prefer matte over any other finish. I can make do w/ the crease & corner colors, I love the highlight color, and Maybelline needs to reformulate the lid color then it would be a perfect quad.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The idea is good. I didn't like the consistency of the eyeshadows. These shadows need a base to stick to and there is a lot of fall out when blending. The price is quite fair and it is good if you don't own a wide range of quality shadows and don't want to invest. I would recommend to beginners but would not recommend if you don't like a pearl finish to your eyes(2 out of 4 shadows are pearl/satin finish and the rest are matte). For its price, great product!

on 8/15/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new everyday eyeshadow quad. The colours are so natural and even though they have shimmer, it isn't overpowering at all. The only problem I have with it is the 2 little sponge applicators that come with it. I threw them out right away because they were quite useless and they got in the way a lot. Other than that, a great quad!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the lid color and outer corner color! I reach for this almost everyday. I've almost hit pan and will be buying another. I've never had that happen. I usually never use an eyeshadow long enough to hit pan.

on 10/31/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was never a fan of Maybelline eyeshadow until I tried this one. This is really nice. Love the color combo, love the color pay off and lasting power, and I love the price. I believe these are dupes for several of MAC eyeshadow for a fraction of the price.