Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Price: $

Price: $

This quad is one of the reasons I love Maybelline so much. Yes, I do put on another layer than if I was using Urban Decay, but I find it's payoff comparable to Clinique or better. The colors are classic and can be worn smoky or simple. I've really pretty much transitioned from H.E. to Maybelline because of products like this. For the record, I have dark brown eyes and I use dark brown liner with this. I brush the liner shade from the quad over my pencil liner and it stays on all day.

I am a sucker for a really good ad in a magazine and lately Maybelline has some really rockin ads for their eye shadow quads. I picked up "Natural Smokes" and "Chai Latte." I used an eye shadow primer (Lorac). The good: these quads have some of the most beautiful color combinations ever and they are dirt cheap. The bad: color payoff..requires patience. I had to keep dipping my brush and applying to get the degree of color I wanted. If you're on a budget, these aren't bad. If you can afford Urban Decay or MAC, resist the temptation.

on 10/15/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't bought Maybelline eyeshadows in years. I wore them in my teen years because that's all I could afford then and I hadn't ventured into the world of high end brands.
I took advantage of a promotion and decided to get this quad set based on the reviews here and I'm glad I did.
I think Maybelline has stepped up its game and I love the look of these eyeshadows. The texture isn't quite up there with MAC, UD or the other brands known for the dense pigment but it's reasonable. Having said that, a good eye primer is necessary for these shadows to last the day. Otherwise they may end up looking slightly powdery. (hence the four lippies)

The Natural Smokes quad is just that; a naturally smokey eye look that's perfect for the day. Of course you can always add more for a night look.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by these shadows. Now if Maybelline could improve their mascaras.

on 1/24/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

natural smokes in maybelline is a verry nice eye shadows palette. It contains: a dark matte brown, a light matte cream,a shimmery brown-copper,a medium shimmery taupe.goes on smoothly on the application,it stays on long, just enought color to do a more natural look,just enought shimmers to bring some light to the eyes!love it!

on 11/1/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

As everyone has mentioned the packaging is subpar. It's really fragile. I broke the one on my Chai Latte quad upon first use, and I'm careful. So they need to improve on that, but the actual shadows and their suggestion for how to use them is fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that I'm overlooking the poor packaging. The colors are: A great shimmery almost metallic taupe for the lid, a satiny deep warm brown for the crease, a matte deep neutral brown for the outer corner, and a very mattish pale ivory for highlight. Some may call the ivory is the loser among the four because of it's less than stellar pigmentation. However, if you compare it to a lighter type highlight like MAC's Vapour, or Nylon it's very comparable and not a loser at all, just misunderstood. The color payoff is meant to be sheer or the entire eye would be overwhelming. This way, the focus is on the lid and that shimmery gorgeous taupe. Anyway, I'm getting carried away, I love this quad, and it's cheap too. A total win from Maybelline.

on 9/25/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never ever use drugstore makeup.....my drawers are full of Nars, Chanel, Mercier, Mac. But I saw a sale on Maybelline quads and figured I had nothing to lose spending $5.99. I actually really like this eyeshadow. It has very good texture, when used with primer lasts all day, and the colors are excellent for cool-neutral looks. Most eyeshadows are either chalky matte or way too shimmery. These blend well and are a pleasure to use. Would definitely repurchase.

on 9/18/2009 11:17:00 AM

I was very disappointed with this quad. The pigments are not very good and the colors looked chalky. Definitely prefer Revon Colorstay for a drugstore brand and Chanel for a high end.

on 8/16/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

WOW! I am so impressed with this quad, specially since I only wear Lancome makeup and the eyeliner from Clinique. I am particular in love with the crease shade, which is a medium chocolate, shimmery brown with no red undertones. I would not called this a copper color at all. The lid color is a gorgeous, taupey brown, I wore this color by itself, with mascara, black/brown eyeliner and completely brightened my brown eyes. The brow bone color reminds me of lancome latte. The darkest color is perfect for creating a dramatic look for night. It is not a black or gray it is like a black/brown. I have light olive skin and the neutrality of this quad complements my skin very well. Brown eyes girls, go buy this quad!
Update:8/23/09 - I had to take off 2 lippies since the lid color has a lot of fall out. and my eyes are becoming too itchy. Oh, well, I will try to duplicate colors with Lancome.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is sooooooooooooo gorgeous! Taupe lovers, you need to go buy this. While the other three Smokes palettes are more shimmery and showy, the Natural Smokes palette is perfect for work but can certainly be applied and worn dramatically! The shades compliment each other perfectly, are completely neutral (I was worried that the crease shade - a bronzey brown - would be too orangy but it's not at all once applied) and very, very nicely pigmented. Applying the shades as labeled, with the addition of black liner and mascara, this palette makes my dark brown eyes look so soft and naturally beautiful; I had to keep looking at them all day today! Tomorrow morning I'm going to experiment with a smokey look and I cannot wait to see how these shades do. And...I'm going to buy a back-up since I don't know if these palettes are LE or not. At 40% off (Rite Aid) they're $3.59 each! Read Aligirl's reviews on the other palette shades and go hunt them down!!! The Emerald and the Charcoal are especially stunning.