Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/16/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that I have the old version of this eyeshadow quad, the one where all the shades are the in the same size pans. I've had this quad for years now, which yes, I admit is pretty gross and I should probably just buy a new one. I ran out of the lightest colour the fastest, which is probably why they've increased the pan size on that shade in the new packagaing. But the last three colours are still going strong. They are super creamy, no fall out and very highly pigmented. I use the darkest shade for filling in my brows since I have dark brows and it's a nice cool toned brown. Overall, this quad is well worth the money seeing as I've been using it for probably over 5 years now and the eyeshadow is just as good as it was when I first bought it.

I love these colors. I have both UD NAKED palettes, and I frequently reach for this instead! Yes, the pigmentation is a little low in comparison, but if I use a good eye primer, it's totally worth it!!! I love these colors for both a natural eye and a sexy smoky eye. Just use a primer first and save some money! :D

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like this quad actually. I wear it quite a bit, especially the "lid" color...the shimmery cool brown, which btw def needs a base or prepare for falling shimmer all over your under eye and cheek area. It's an easy go to for me. Is this spectacular? Well...no....but it's pretty dang good, especially for a low end item. Browns like these are always flattering for my blue eyes. The lid color is the star of this quad, the others are just less special but still nice enough / adequate.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All the colors are wearable, the base color and liner color are matte and the crease and lid color have a sheen to them but still natural enough for work. This quad is really good for all skin tones, the intensity is fine alone but when used wet it is like no other- super pigmented and long lasting

on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I only really use neutrals on my eyes, and this is so far the best I've tried! I use the darkest shade as liner for my eyes and brows, and the shimmery taupe for my lids. I don't use the lightest shade or the crease shade as often, only when I'm going for a more dramatic look.

I recently ran out of the lid colour, and instead of re-purchasing I bought the single-colour Chic Naturals 250S Tastefully Taupe. I actually like this much better, it doesn't have as much shimmer and the colour suits me better.

I would purchase this quad again though, it's really handy for the darker colour and when traveling... but they changed the packaging and now you don't get an even amount of each colour, so I might be looking for something new.

on 3/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

In my opinion, drugstore eyeshadows are very hit and miss. However, I think this one is a hit. The colors here are gorgeous. The one is actually a dupe for MAC's satin taupe.. and I believe a couple of the other colors are MAC dupe's as well, if not all of them. The only color out of these I don't much care for is the "brow" color. I can't tell that it's even there but I don't mind much because you can use it as a blending color and the rest of the colors are so excellent, it's still a great deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.

on 5/6/2011 3:02:00 AM

i bought this as a pharmacy because they were clearing out their maybeline stock so it cost me about $7 i think. I also picked up the charcoal smokes while i was at it. I had recently bought the emerald smokes one and was quite impressed so i seeing this half price in Australia i was like i got to get it seeing as its getting so many good reviews!

i like this alot. Out of the three i have, this is the best in how all the colors work toegther. My favourite would be the lid shade. OMG! its the most gorgeous taupe with undertones of like a gold shimmer, but this isnt overly shimmery. I usually use the brow, lid and crease color (not the intense dark brown) for a really nice slightly more dressy day look. I like how you can use the colors and turn a day look into a night look. Its very versatile.

The quality of the eyeshadow is very good for drugstore. It just as pigemented as my Urban Decay, but a little harder to blend. That doesnt fuss me too much because it was $7! its small and compact and is great for travel. I will admit maybelline really should get with the times and make the packaging alot more sleek and presentable. But other than that what a great product! buy it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this was just ok. I wanted to like it more than I did. the color payoff is decent, especially over primer, but I really only liked two of the colors. The white color and the taupe shade weren't really that great for me, and had the least payoff. However, I do love the matte dark brown color and the coppery color. I didn't have any problems with staying power, but I do use them over TFSI, so I don't know about not using them without it. I don't think I would buy these again, just b/c I'm pretty sure I can find other colors to replace the ones I like.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not very impressed by this product. The colors are not really pigmented and I feel I need to dig into the lid color to get anything on. The browbone color (the light beige) is chalky and basically useless.I have had better results with other drug store brands such as Wet n Wild (which is actually cheaper). I will use this for everyday looks but I will not repurchase.

EDIT: I have changed my feelings about this product and will give it a higher rating. I have since learned how to use it better. I prefer not to use the lid color and instead use MAC's Satin Taupe, but I use the other 3 colors. I notice I have been picking up this quad more than any other so I guess I do like it. I would repurchase it <3