Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing, I cannot fault this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I started using make-up back in 2007-08 this was on the very first eyeshadow colours I ever purchased. I loved it at 13 years old and now at 19, I still reach for these colours. They are my go-to, feel good eye shadows. Whenever I'm going out for a date or girl's night I almost always use Natural Smokes if I want to be guaranteed that I'm going to like how I look. I think these were the shadows I was using while learning how to do a smokey eye, but I think it's still really good even for smokey eye veterans ;)

For a while, I was focusing on using more of my higher-end shadows, but I always find myself rediscovering this palette and adoring it all over again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay so I'll be totally honest- when it comes to eye shadows I'm a tiny bit of a makeup snob (not that I'm proud of that) but it's literally only when it comes to eye shadows. I always feel like if I'm going to buy an eye shadow, I'm okay with spending a little more if it means great pigmentation and staying power... But I digress.... I bought this quad because it was on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous like that at Walmart, so I figured if it sucked I wouldn't cry over my $3. To my surprise, this is an awesome product. The colours are pigmented very nicely, rich, they blend great, and make a smokey eye fool proof. The liner colour is my favourite, I like to even use it in my crease for an extra dramatic look. I followed their directions just to see if it would turn out nice and it actually did! Oh how I wish I had this back when I was learning how to do a nice smokey eye! It's wonderful for beginners! I don't think it's a lot of money even at regular price, so you should definitely try this one out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

on 11/4/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a disclaimer: over the years I have become a bit of a HE snob..I blame it on MUA haha. But in reality, the feeling of finding an amazing DS find is better than finding an amazing HE find to me. Sadly, that feeling is few and far between for me. I have had really bad luck with DS eyeshadows, and this is no exception. I bought this because a Youtube guru used it in her daily makeup look and it looked lovely on her. The eyeshadows appear to be absolutely gorgeous chocolates. However, once applied the pigmentation just flat out sucks. I was really unhappy about it. I tried packing it on but still the pigmentation was lacking. I just bought the Too Faced natural at Night palette and the pigmentation of those eyeshadows are amazing compared to the Maybelline quad.

on 7/11/2012 3:13:00 PM

I have used this quad almost daily because I love the colors but they aren't very pigmented :( I have to layer them quite a bit to get the colors to show. The consistency is great though and I love the price and how it makes my dark grey/blue eyes pop!! I'll probably continue to use and buy this product because I haven't found another affordable quad with these colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

on 4/18/2012 4:00:00 PM

Like what Blair said to Chuck (just finished watching an episode of Gossip Girl lolz), I love this quad but am not IN love with it. I definitely see it as a staple for everyone's mu bag simply because it is such a steal for the price, but if you're looking for a natural smokey eye to wear out during the day I think you're better off getting something else. This quad has a matte vanilla highlighter shade, a silvery taupe, a copperish orange crease color, and a dark matte brown-black liner shade. Hands down the most unique shade of the four is the copper crease shade.. it's such a lovely color! The matte vanilla shade is chalky and the silver taupe is very sheer. Some say that the taupe lid shade is a dupe of Satin Taupe, but I have to disagree. I have Satin Taupe, and it is far superior in terms of color and quality. The texture of the taupe in this quad is very gritty, and it has a cool undertone whereas Satin Taupe is more plumy. The brown-black shade is a bit too dark for the crease, but is lovely as a liner! I love applying it wet. Overall, I would repurchase this quad because I loveee the darkest shade and it's nice to have if you're traveling. Go get it!

This is definitely my favorite drugstore eye shadow quad of all time. Its my standard day-to-day smokey look. I use it for day time and amp it up for a sexy night time look. I adore this colors and think they work so well together. I've hit pan and that says a lot considering I have a ton of other quads. I'll get into each color and what I like about them.

Matte Cream White(Highlight)- A little sheer, least pigmented color of them all, but make a nice matte highlight or to put over blended color to tone it out.

Shimmery Taupe(Lid)- A beautiful taupe color with shimmer, some sparkle. Very pigmented.

Medium Brown(Crease)- This color is a satin finish and perfect for the crease. Its a deep brown.

Black-Brown- This shade is a combination of black and brown in a matte finish. The color is perfect for taking your eyes into a night look.

Every girl should have this whether they like neutrals or simply if they're beginning in makeup. One thing I do suggest is that you use a base underneath, preferably with color to it. Maybe a taupe or a champagne color to enhance the lid color.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

In theory, this could be a great palette. The colors are gorgeous and could suite a variety of skin tones. There is a basic cooler, dark matte brown, a matte cream/off white shade, a sparkly taupe, and a shimmery bronze- everything you could want in a simple, everyday or smokey eye look. The problem starts with the texture and payoff of the shadows and ends with the flimsy packaging. I had a hard time transfering all of the colors to my lid. The payoff was sheer and a bit hard to blend. Save your money, there are better products out there.