Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.9

on 2/16/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably the only palette in which i actually use all the colours, which should amount to 5 lippies by itself, but i deducted a lippie simply because of personal preference and nothing else. I originally bought this quad because the liner shade matched my eyebrows perfectly and at around $16 AUD (i bought this online so it's a bit cheaper than the price in stores), it's not exactly expensive, considering the array of over-priced $20+ drug store products in Australia. I use the liner shade for my brows and the lightest shade as a brow highlight and both colours are extremely pigmented. The only shade that i'm kind of on the fence with is the lid colour, which some reviewers have stated that it's a dupe for MAC's satin taupe. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pigmented shade and blends like a dream, but personally, i think that the shade is a bit too cool-toned on my warm, yellow skin. I use this shade with a very light hand all over the lid and i blend the chocolate brown shade in my outer-v. All shades are very pigmented and blends well except for the highlight shade which i find a bit chalky. Would i purchase this product again? I've put down a 'yes' simply because i have yet to find a good brow colour by itself. The other three colours are great, but they are not the reason why i would buy this quad again because even though i use them, i have better ones that actually match my skin colour.

love this! i don't use the liner shade, just because i like to use my liquid eyeliner. but they are all pigmented and long-wearing. doesnt crease even without a primer on my normal eyelids. love it!

This is pretty good but definitely not the best. I bought some cheap eyeshadows from wet n wild, and morphe brushes eyeshadows, and they are sooo buttery, and pigmented! This has pretty decent pigmentation, but it doesn't have that buttery texture I would like in an eyeshadow. I have this problem with all of maybelline's powder eyeshadows, but it might be just me cuz I have a thing for butteriness in eyeshadows:P the colours are okay, so I have it 4/5 since 3 is too harsh LOL

I love this quad, I absolutley love the lid color. I've HEARD its a dupe for satin taupe from Mac. It's a gorgeous color. Anyways, when used properly it creates a beautiful smokey eye. Doesn't crease throughout the day when i put it over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.LOVE LOVE LOVE

Overall, I really like the colours in this quad. I get the most use out of the shimmery taupe lid colour and the dark brown liner colour, which I use on my lower lash line. I unfortunately have the new design for the quad, where the lid and crease colour are puny, which is annoying because the white colour is so big and its useless. It's chalky with no pigmentation.

Overall I love the colours, but I'll be on the look out for more quality colours.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors complement each other very nicely but are not very pigmented. Would probably buy again

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love the colors in this quad and I like the pigmentation of Maybelline eyeshadows. I wish they didn't reshape these Stylish Smokes quads so that you get more of the liner and base colors, and less of the lid and crease colors.

Awesome product! I've been a lifelong Maybelline fan and I was definetely not disappointed about this. When used correctly and with a primer, these eyeshadows give you incredible color and longetivity. I wear all my eyeshadows from 5:30 am to 10 pm and my entire look hadn;t even creased one bit!! I am so amazed at the wearability of these shadows, I can use all of them at once and it still looks appropriate for the day! The price is good for a quad as well. The quality here can match Urban Decay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I went to Walmart after watching a ton of makeup tutorials and reviews using this eye quad, and got it for only 3 dollars because it was on sale. That's very cheap for me.. Over all this product will create a nice, natural, smoky look. My favorite color in this quad is the color that is similar to MACS satin taupe. It's really pretty to look at and imagine on your eye.. But I find myself applying it with brush like hundreds of times to get it to show up good and then sometimes I give up and use my finger. After I while it looks alright, but to me it's not as shimmery as it looks in the package. I also like the dark brown color. It's so pigmented, and doesn't have much fallout. Blends easily. But a color I use instead of this one sometimes is Too Faced sexpresso.. They look alike but sexpresso is warmer. I also like the highlight which is a vanilla-ish color. Its so sheer, but i think its very pretty. Maybelline made a very nice quad, but it just doesn't work for me like it does for others.. I have to apply so many layers which I really just don't like.