Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This seems to be more pigmented than some of the other Maybelline quads I have tried. The highlight, is a nice off white that isn't overly bright, and the lid shade is a beautiful cool shimmery taupe. The crease shade is a warm med-deep golden brown that could also be used a lid shade, and the liner shade is a very deep matte brown. I actually use a mix of the crease and liner shades to fill in my light ash brown brows when I run out of my brow pencil, and it works great! I hate the plain, cheap looking packaging, and actually preferred the looks of the older versions, but I guess that is not really important. Great versatile quad, for both a neutral daytime eye, and a more dramatic smoky eye. Would repruchase!

on 12/16/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that I have the old version of this eyeshadow quad, the one where all the shades are the in the same size pans. I've had this quad for years now, which yes, I admit is pretty gross and I should probably just buy a new one. I ran out of the lightest colour the fastest, which is probably why they've increased the pan size on that shade in the new packagaing. But the last three colours are still going strong. They are super creamy, no fall out and very highly pigmented. I use the darkest shade for filling in my brows since I have dark brows and it's a nice cool toned brown. Overall, this quad is well worth the money seeing as I've been using it for probably over 5 years now and the eyeshadow is just as good as it was when I first bought it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing, I cannot fault this product!

I love these colors. I have both UD NAKED palettes, and I frequently reach for this instead! Yes, the pigmentation is a little low in comparison, but if I use a good eye primer, it's totally worth it!!! I love these colors for both a natural eye and a sexy smoky eye. Just use a primer first and save some money! :D

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I started using make-up back in 2007-08 this was on the very first eyeshadow colours I ever purchased. I loved it at 13 years old and now at 19, I still reach for these colours. They are my go-to, feel good eye shadows. Whenever I'm going out for a date or girl's night I almost always use Natural Smokes if I want to be guaranteed that I'm going to like how I look. I think these were the shadows I was using while learning how to do a smokey eye, but I think it's still really good even for smokey eye veterans ;)

For a while, I was focusing on using more of my higher-end shadows, but I always find myself rediscovering this palette and adoring it all over again.

I didn't think I would like these eyeshadows but they are actually pretty good. I have a couple of these "smokes" and don't really have too many complaints.

on 2/16/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably the only palette in which i actually use all the colours, which should amount to 5 lippies by itself, but i deducted a lippie simply because of personal preference and nothing else. I originally bought this quad because the liner shade matched my eyebrows perfectly and at around $16 AUD (i bought this online so it's a bit cheaper than the price in stores), it's not exactly expensive, considering the array of over-priced $20+ drug store products in Australia. I use the liner shade for my brows and the lightest shade as a brow highlight and both colours are extremely pigmented. The only shade that i'm kind of on the fence with is the lid colour, which some reviewers have stated that it's a dupe for MAC's satin taupe. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pigmented shade and blends like a dream, but personally, i think that the shade is a bit too cool-toned on my warm, yellow skin. I use this shade with a very light hand all over the lid and i blend the chocolate brown shade in my outer-v. All shades are very pigmented and blends well except for the highlight shade which i find a bit chalky. Would i purchase this product again? I've put down a 'yes' simply because i have yet to find a good brow colour by itself. The other three colours are great, but they are not the reason why i would buy this quad again because even though i use them, i have better ones that actually match my skin colour.

love this! i don't use the liner shade, just because i like to use my liquid eyeliner. but they are all pigmented and long-wearing. doesnt crease even without a primer on my normal eyelids. love it!

This is pretty good but definitely not the best. I bought some cheap eyeshadows from wet n wild, and morphe brushes eyeshadows, and they are sooo buttery, and pigmented! This has pretty decent pigmentation, but it doesn't have that buttery texture I would like in an eyeshadow. I have this problem with all of maybelline's powder eyeshadows, but it might be just me cuz I have a thing for butteriness in eyeshadows:P the colours are okay, so I have it 4/5 since 3 is too harsh LOL

on 3/12/2014 1:59:00 PM

I love this quad. I suck at smokey eyes but this makes it easy AND natural looking and not batshit crazy looking! Not the softest most pigmented shadows ever but that is good since I am heavy handed.