4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

i bought this at my local CCO and i have to say im glad i did. For the longest time i would pass this one up when i saw it cuz i thought it was nothing special. i was dead wrong! i use this as a bronzer rather than a highlighter and its soo pretty! i brushed off the gold glitter overlay thats on top cuz it was tooo much & the powder beneath that is so smoooth and very finely milled. very impressive! when i applied this to my cheeks, it gives me the perfect sun kiss glow, but very discreet, not overwhelming at all. im planning on using this a lot when i go back to school. im nc30 in MAC.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

I got this at CCO after swatching the tester they had. It's has such a soft and silky texture. I just had to pick it up!! I use this for contouring (once the shimmery over spray is gone) in the winter when my skin is lighter and as an all over light bronzer in the summer. It's very light and isn't cakey or heavy. My only complaint is that it doesn't last too long on the skin when used as a contouring colour :( For that i wouldn't repurchase. It's a nice product and the classy shiny compact is nice to look at :)

About reviewer (913 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I adore this! I got it online at a CCO because obviously it's not sold at MAC right now. I'm so glad I did. When I first applied it I was a little overwhelmed bij the gold overspray, but once that's gone you're left with a beautiful powder with a very subtle sheen. I love subtle MU! This makes me (NW15/20 skin) look like I've seen a little sun! Usualy I use Benefit's Dallas to give my face some colour and sheen since my face looks a bit dull on it's own due to my dry skin. The first few times I put this on DH kept saying that my face looked great, and all I was doing different was adding a bit of Golden Nectar. MAC calls it a highlight, but as other have commented it's more of a bronzer/beauty powder for all over the face. I cannot fault this product, just love it and will be using it all summer.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

10 years ago

i had never used bronzer before this one because i thought they looked silly and un natural. this one makes me look sunkissed and glowing! the first layer was very shimmery which was a bit much for everyday use, but i used it for prom and it made my face glow. really soft pretty color

About reviewer (121 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

10 years ago

I bought both highlighters when the naked honey collection came out, I wasn't at first but then I swatched them in person. Once you wipe off the topcoat, which is just sparkles (overkill!), its a great powder, texture is very smooth. I'm an NW45, both powders from this collection work great as highlighters for me. I use golden nectar just about everyday as a brow highlight, perfect if your looking for something matte.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

10 years ago

<br> love love love love <br> im a bronzer finatic. i collect them. and am always looking for a bronzer without too much orange or green tones. its really hard, and everyone's skin is different. im on the yellow/olive side, im an NC35 in MAC and 128 in MUFE HD. <br> when i first saw the naked honey collec. i didn't think i would get anything...<br> i started seeing swatches and pictures of the highlight powders, and so i went to mac to give them a second look. honey light, is a gorgeouss light creamy bronze. great as a bronzer for NC20 and under, i think it would be a nice highlight on my skin. i would have picked it up..but it was sold out. and golden nectar was the one i wanted anyway.. <br> golden nectar is the prettiest tan/nude bronze i have ever seen in a powder. once the overspray is gone, you are left with a nice finely milled matte powder. on my skin, golden nectar adds a creamy and very natural bronze affect. and no orange or green! on NC40 skintones, i think golden nectar would make a better highlighter than bronzer. it all depends on your coloring. either way, you can make this work for you!<br> i like that its not shimmer or glittery. because it looks more natural, and i can add blush over it with shimmer and its not overkill. <br> im extremely happy with this powder, i would buy it again over and over. the imprint of the honey comb is so adorable. and the shiny packaging is really nice too. i imagine this powder will last me a long time since im always getting new things, but i can tell you, this is a perfect product from mac. its backup worthy. if you haven't had to chance to get either of the powders, look at my color references in this review to see if honey light or golden nectar would work better for you and try to swap for it!<br> xoxoxoxox

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

10 years ago

Bought this because I needed a bronzer and I liked the pattern on it. To me its nothing special, just your typical bronzer. I usually use MAC bronze bronzer and this looks about the same on me. Since its LE I cant repurchase it but I doubt I would anyways since I can buy a regular bronzer for less.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Other

10 years ago

Like most people reviewing this product I like to use this as a bronzer as I look hideous in anything marketed as such as they all make me look like an oompa loompa. This is a deep peachy gold that has subtle shimmer that just helps to impart a nice natural glow. I was initially very concerned that I had purchased these sight unseen from the MAC website during the 25% off sale especially considering not many MAC highlight powders and even MSF's work for me. I would definitely re-purchase this as well as Honey Light Highlight powder and am sorely sorry they are both limited edition.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

when i bought this, i bought it for a bronzer not a highlighter, i used a kleenex to wipe off the shimmery overspray and proceeded to use it as such. i find it to be a gorgeous light tan colour not orange by any means! good bronzing products are hard to find for one with a complexion such as myself (NW15) unfortunately it's LE.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

11 years ago

In my opinion.. this product is definitely not a highlighter! It is more of a bronzer on my skintone (nc20-nc25 for reference). I'm usually not a big fan of highlighters anyways, and I bought this mainly to use as a bronzer after the MA applied some on me, because it gives me a very natural tanned look without looking orangey like most bronzers. I even bought a back up since it works really well for me as a bronzer! (plus I don't like to tan and prefer to wear bronzer). Oh, and I really don't like shimmery bronzers.. they look too unnatural, so after the overspray is gone (about 3-5 uses), it gives a shimmer free finish :) As for the packaging.. I prefer the matte black packaging that mac usually has for their MSF's as opposed to the shiny packaging on this product.. but it does make it easier to find amongst all the black MAC compacts

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium