Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified Water; Decyl Glucoside; Ammonium Laureth Sulfate; Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Coco-Glucoside; Glyceryl Oleate; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Citric Acid; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Ammonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; Fragrance; Sodium Chloride; Ext. Violet

on 3/22/2017 12:41:00 PM

I've always read that using soaps like this can throw off your PH and leave you with problems such as yeast infections. Never thought it would happen to me. I used this and vagisil the past 3 or so years and would get yeast infections almost every month. I have even used the sensitive skin version of summer's eve for a while there, too. I never put 2 and 2 together but one day a few months ago decided to stop using feminine soap (we had vagisil in our shower) and ever since then I have not had yeast infections. They were severe ones, too, to where I couldn't leave the house and had to get a doctor prescribed pill to make them go away. Now I just use whatever regular soap I already have on my shower pouf and lightly go over the area like I used to go with no issues. Obviously if it works for you, great! It can definitely make you feel clean but it definitely can cause serious problems as well so please be careful! Also, if you are using this and are suffering from yeast infections, try not using it for awhile to see if this is the cause.

on 1/10/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has gotten very sensitive in the last few years. Basically all of my skin has gotten sensitive, but mostly my face and lady bits have had the worst reactions. I have known for awhile heavily fragranced washes (I.e. bath and bodyworls) irritate my intimate parts, but in a pinch I will use them to shave. I pretty much had to stop that practice after I got a bad yeast infection, which I believe was a result of using BBW.

So enter me buying this one late night. It was embarassing and I made sure to go to the lady cashier, but the bottle isn't incredibly embarassing. I'm especially not embarassed now because this product is just what I needed. It doesnt burn and it works for shaving the bikin line. I didn't buy this for its "refreshing" properties because my vagina smells like a vagina. Perhaps it is cleaner, but nothing I have noticed. My lady parts just are not irritated and that is all I'm asking for with this product.

The packaging is pretty lame. I set my bottle above my shower on a shelf and mold actually started to grown under the clear plastic wrapper so the wrapper had to go. The cap also doesn't close all the way so that is sort of lame. Regardless of the packaging I will still purchase again.

The smell is nice and light. I don't want my lady bits to smell like flowers, fruit, food, etc. So this is nice and non-irritating.

Definitely worth looking at if you have some of the same issues.

on 7/18/2013 12:27:00 AM

I really like this wash. No scent, no irritation, and i feel so fresh and clean after using it. I think its a must have for every girl and the bottle is reallt cute and its cheap! I will continue to buy this for as long as I can!

on 11/18/2012 2:44:00 AM

This whole review may be a little TMI, but I really want you ladies to know how this product works!
I've tried a few different formulations of the Summer's Eve Feminine Cleanser...They have one labeled "Bath and Shower Gel," and some labeled as "Cleansing Wash," which come in formulas for sensitive to normal skin. I first used the Delicate Blossom scent for sensitive skin, and I used it daily with no problems. It had a light floral scent and did not irritate me at all. It made me feel really clean and refreshed "down there," and really did help neutralize odors until the next shower.
The next time I got Naturally Normal, which is for normal skin. I'm not really sure how you're supposed to tell if your lady parts are sensitive or normal, but I assumed that mine were not super sensitive, considering I've had laser hair removal with absolutely no issues. I used this one every day just like I did with the Delicate Blossom, and I started having some big issues. General irritation, itching, and even yeast infections! I know it was this product causing it, because every time I went back to using this every day, I'd get another yeast infection. Not fun! And yes, trust me, I was only using this externally as directed! I tossed that bottle and swore off Summer's Eve for a while, but I eventually went back and began using the Bath and Shower Gel in the Green Tea and Cucumber scent.
Now, I only use this a few times a week to freshen up. I feel like that is enough to keep me feeling clean. All of these cleansers also work well as body washes in a pinch, but I generally just use them for cleansing down there.
So yes, I do like these feminine washes and I will continue to repurchase them, but do be careful! If you use these daily and notice any changes or irritation, try just using this a few times a week. I get the same results but with no problems.

This is a review for Summer's Eve Feminine Wash:

When I was around 6 or 7 years old, I first spotted this in my mother's shower. Thinking it was shampoo, I liberally applied this to my hair. Mom found this to be pretty funny, and explained to me that Summer's Eve was "not exactly meant for that".

Years later, after finally realizing what "feminine wash" means, I use this CORRECTLY (haha), and I love it.

Summer's Eve Feminine Wash is a shower gel meant for your lady bits. It leaves you feeling ultra-clean, better than any other shower product IMO. I'd like to guess that there's some sort of Ph-balancing ingredient that neutralizes odors, which is important because there's a whole lot more going on down there than a soap meant solely for your body can address.

I use the unscented kind, but there are different scents available. The consistency of the wash isn't runny, and it isn't thick either-- it's just kind of "there". This lathers into clearish bubbles and rinses away gently. And for sensitive-skinned gals: this stuff is both hypoallergenic and GYN-tested, so don't fret!

This wash is available at pretty much any place that sells your typical DS products: CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Have also seen this at grocery stores (in the bath and body aisle, obviously!). The 15oz. bottle is around $4-6USD depending on where you go, and there's also a smaller size available if you're just looking to try this out.

What started out as an innocent shower mistake ended up being a part of my everyday routine. While it may be a bit awkward talking about "lady washes" for some of us, I really hope this review helps anyone looking to try something different and perhaps a little more effective.

Thanks for the HG, Mom!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is amazing stuff; I'm in my early 20's and never really thought about feminine maintenance until a friend of mine scolded me for my Vaginal Apathy; She insisted I buy this and I wish I had gotten it sooner; It's so soothing, refreshing and just leaves an overall clean feeling everywhere I wash, I've been using it on my face and have gotten some really good results with that, I've been using Morning Paradise and it's just an amazing smell. It rinses off easily with no residue or overbearing scent but just gives an overall great bathing experience.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this specially formulated women's cleanser a lot because it keeps those "parts" feeling fresh and non irritated. It also doesn't interfere with my natural lubrication which I have had a problem with when using other feminine cleansers. If you're like me, and are fairly sensitive down there to most washes/soaps, this feminine wash is definitely for you. Granted, I only use it on girl parts and not all over my body. NOTE: I have also tried the generic brand, Equate, and it works close in comparison to this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple in my shower routine. It's super gentle and doesn't cause any irritation in my *ahem* delicate areas, and it smells great. Not too perfumey.

I use it only a couple of times a week (more frequently if I'm on my period), and it keeps me feeling fresh and clean!