Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
 Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

3.8

Purified Water; Decyl Glucoside; Ammonium Laureth Sulfate; Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Coco-Glucoside; Glyceryl Oleate; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Citric Acid; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Ammonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; Fragrance; Sodium Chloride; Ext. Violet

on 3/22/2017 12:41:00 PM

I've always read that using soaps like this can throw off your PH and leave you with problems such as yeast infections. Never thought it would happen to me. I used this and vagisil the past 3 or so years and would get yeast infections almost every month. I have even used the sensitive skin version of summer's eve for a while there, too. I never put 2 and 2 together but one day a few months ago decided to stop using feminine soap (we had vagisil in our shower) and ever since then I have not had yeast infections. They were severe ones, too, to where I couldn't leave the house and had to get a doctor prescribed pill to make them go away. Now I just use whatever regular soap I already have on my shower pouf and lightly go over the area like I used to go with no issues. Obviously if it works for you, great! It can definitely make you feel clean but it definitely can cause serious problems as well so please be careful! Also, if you are using this and are suffering from yeast infections, try not using it for awhile to see if this is the cause.

on 1/10/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has gotten very sensitive in the last few years. Basically all of my skin has gotten sensitive, but mostly my face and lady bits have had the worst reactions. I have known for awhile heavily fragranced washes (I.e. bath and bodyworls) irritate my intimate parts, but in a pinch I will use them to shave. I pretty much had to stop that practice after I got a bad yeast infection, which I believe was a result of using BBW.

So enter me buying this one late night. It was embarassing and I made sure to go to the lady cashier, but the bottle isn't incredibly embarassing. I'm especially not embarassed now because this product is just what I needed. It doesnt burn and it works for shaving the bikin line. I didn't buy this for its "refreshing" properties because my vagina smells like a vagina. Perhaps it is cleaner, but nothing I have noticed. My lady parts just are not irritated and that is all I'm asking for with this product.

The packaging is pretty lame. I set my bottle above my shower on a shelf and mold actually started to grown under the clear plastic wrapper so the wrapper had to go. The cap also doesn't close all the way so that is sort of lame. Regardless of the packaging I will still purchase again.

The smell is nice and light. I don't want my lady bits to smell like flowers, fruit, food, etc. So this is nice and non-irritating.

Definitely worth looking at if you have some of the same issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This wash leaves me feeling cleaned and refreshed all day compared to no wash at all. I use this wash everyday sometimes even twice a day and I have had absolutely no problems with it. Every time I got buy the summers eve washes I always get different ones. One time it'll be the purple bottle, next the orange, after that the pink, and now I'm on the blue. I haven't had no irritation or reactions to these different types. Will be buying again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple in my shower routine. It's super gentle and doesn't cause any irritation in my *ahem* delicate areas, and it smells great. Not too perfumey.

I use it only a couple of times a week (more frequently if I'm on my period), and it keeps me feeling fresh and clean!