Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

4.3

Purified Water; Decyl Glucoside; Ammonium Laureth Sulfate; Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Coco-Glucoside; Glyceryl Oleate; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Citric Acid; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Ammonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; Fragrance; Sodium Chloride; Ext. Violet

on 3/22/2017 12:41:00 PM

I've always read that using soaps like this can throw off your PH and leave you with problems such as yeast infections. Never thought it would happen to me. I used this and vagisil the past 3 or so years and would get yeast infections almost every month. I have even used the sensitive skin version of summer's eve for a while there, too. I never put 2 and 2 together but one day a few months ago decided to stop using feminine soap (we had vagisil in our shower) and ever since then I have not had yeast infections. They were severe ones, too, to where I couldn't leave the house and had to get a doctor prescribed pill to make them go away. Now I just use whatever regular soap I already have on my shower pouf and lightly go over the area like I used to go with no issues. Obviously if it works for you, great! It can definitely make you feel clean but it definitely can cause serious problems as well so please be careful! Also, if you are using this and are suffering from yeast infections, try not using it for awhile to see if this is the cause.

on 3/4/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

After watching many women rave about this product on YouTube, I decided to try it out because I was sick of not feeling clean and fresh during my period. As soon as I tried it out, I have loved it ever since! The clear gel that comes from the bottle is superbly delicate and has a light foamy lather. I used to use Dove's unscented bar soap which was recommended to me by a dermatologist but it does not compare to the cleanliness I feel with Summer's Eve. I no longer have that uncomfortable stripped feeling and everything feels clean down there. For anyone that needs an extra boost of freshness, purchase this product! I promise you it is not a gimmick and it's not expensive. For a reference, I only use the unscented version which is the fuchsia colored bottle.

on 10/28/2015 4:45:00 PM

I apologize for the TMI nature of this review, but this wash is terrible! It made my sensitive lady parts burn like crazy. I got it in Simply Sensitive and it is simply. . . terrible (yes, I realize I already said that). It also does nothing to control odor. Although it is pricey, I will only use Diva Wash from now on.

on 1/10/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has gotten very sensitive in the last few years. Basically all of my skin has gotten sensitive, but mostly my face and lady bits have had the worst reactions. I have known for awhile heavily fragranced washes (I.e. bath and bodyworls) irritate my intimate parts, but in a pinch I will use them to shave. I pretty much had to stop that practice after I got a bad yeast infection, which I believe was a result of using BBW.

So enter me buying this one late night. It was embarassing and I made sure to go to the lady cashier, but the bottle isn't incredibly embarassing. I'm especially not embarassed now because this product is just what I needed. It doesnt burn and it works for shaving the bikin line. I didn't buy this for its "refreshing" properties because my vagina smells like a vagina. Perhaps it is cleaner, but nothing I have noticed. My lady parts just are not irritated and that is all I'm asking for with this product.

The packaging is pretty lame. I set my bottle above my shower on a shelf and mold actually started to grown under the clear plastic wrapper so the wrapper had to go. The cap also doesn't close all the way so that is sort of lame. Regardless of the packaging I will still purchase again.

The smell is nice and light. I don't want my lady bits to smell like flowers, fruit, food, etc. So this is nice and non-irritating.

Definitely worth looking at if you have some of the same issues.

on 12/26/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like this stuff - it lathers well and makes me feel really clean. I have it in the tropical scent which smells nice but can border on smelling medicinal. I've never personally had any irritation from this, but I can't say the same for a male friend.. A little drop of this goes a long way - bottle is pretty cute too! Would repurchase.

on 10/24/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product. It has no scent! It makes me feel so clean and refreshed! Love love love!

on 11/18/2012 2:44:00 AM

This whole review may be a little TMI, but I really want you ladies to know how this product works!
I've tried a few different formulations of the Summer's Eve Feminine Cleanser...They have one labeled "Bath and Shower Gel," and some labeled as "Cleansing Wash," which come in formulas for sensitive to normal skin. I first used the Delicate Blossom scent for sensitive skin, and I used it daily with no problems. It had a light floral scent and did not irritate me at all. It made me feel really clean and refreshed "down there," and really did help neutralize odors until the next shower.
The next time I got Naturally Normal, which is for normal skin. I'm not really sure how you're supposed to tell if your lady parts are sensitive or normal, but I assumed that mine were not super sensitive, considering I've had laser hair removal with absolutely no issues. I used this one every day just like I did with the Delicate Blossom, and I started having some big issues. General irritation, itching, and even yeast infections! I know it was this product causing it, because every time I went back to using this every day, I'd get another yeast infection. Not fun! And yes, trust me, I was only using this externally as directed! I tossed that bottle and swore off Summer's Eve for a while, but I eventually went back and began using the Bath and Shower Gel in the Green Tea and Cucumber scent.
Now, I only use this a few times a week to freshen up. I feel like that is enough to keep me feeling clean. All of these cleansers also work well as body washes in a pinch, but I generally just use them for cleansing down there.
So yes, I do like these feminine washes and I will continue to repurchase them, but do be careful! If you use these daily and notice any changes or irritation, try just using this a few times a week. I get the same results but with no problems.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this wash. I used it when i was younger [14-16]. then i stopped using all washes. about 2 months ago i started using the vagisil wash and i like it just as good. When i run out of that one i wll try the eve again. and come back and modify my review but for now i like how the vagisil makes me feel down there. Clean and refreshed.

on 7/18/2013 12:27:00 AM

I really like this wash. No scent, no irritation, and i feel so fresh and clean after using it. I think its a must have for every girl and the bottle is reallt cute and its cheap! I will continue to buy this for as long as I can!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This wash leaves me feeling cleaned and refreshed all day compared to no wash at all. I use this wash everyday sometimes even twice a day and I have had absolutely no problems with it. Every time I got buy the summers eve washes I always get different ones. One time it'll be the purple bottle, next the orange, after that the pink, and now I'm on the blue. I haven't had no irritation or reactions to these different types. Will be buying again and again.