Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

3.7

Contains: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Polybutene, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 4/8/2016 7:47:00 PM

I felt the performance was very poor for a more expensive drugstore product. I feel like I got the same amount of wear time as a pencil and it smudged very easily. I feel L'Oréal's Infallible gel liner has a much better performance and is similarly priced.

on 3/13/2016 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have owned my brown gel eyeliner for months! I never used it because I was going to just try it 'one of these days'. I finally tried it and was completely impressed. No smudges, no flaking! I read some reviews that said it was bad. My disclaimer is that I never have a problem with eye products. They don't budge all day on my skin. So, this one appears to be no different. I love this bc it's so easy to apply and there is no tugging on my eyelids at all!! I love origins gel pencil eyeliners, but they are $18 per purchase, this Sonia Kashuk gel pot is $8 and is much more affordable. I used it for 3 weeks straight and there is so much left!! I'm alternating in days of no liner, but heavy mascara, to make it last longer.

***update- it's starting to dry out in the pot which makes it crumbly and flaky on my eyes. I wear contacts and have dry eyes. I got some flakes from this in my eye recently, when liner my lower lids and it was a miserable day. I had to switch to glasses. I'm still going to use this, but only on my upper lids. If you do not have sensitive eyes or if you use this up quickly, you will probably love this. I'm going to finish this bc I don't want to be wasteful. However, I have already repurchased my Origins liner in Fudge bc I never have issues with it and I still love it. I also have tried to lessen the number of days per week that I wear eyeliner just to give my eyes a break! (I pile on mascara on these days!)

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I gave this product three stars because it smears. It lasts around 2-3 hours and after that, it smears at the bottom of my eyes. Other than that fact, it's great! It is very easy to put on and is very black so if you don't mind retouching and wiping a bit of eyeliner off your skin a couple of times, this is the one for you! I, personally, would not buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I am allergic to whatever ingredient they use in all the waterproof eye liners so finding something that will stay was a never ending war. I have used every brand in sephora from high end to low. Loreal discontinued my HIP eyeliner so when i came across this one by SK I thought I would give it a try. For me, this stays on ALL day. I dont have to add more mid day. Love the consistency too. It does not pull my eye and glides on easily. My only complaint is the tip. Its a self sharpener but i wish it was a little smaller as you roll it up. Its something i an live with though as it stays on and I am not allergic.

I love gel liners and much prefer them to liquid as they tend to look a bit less harsh. I heard great things about Sonia kashuk products as a whole and as well, this liner so I thought it was a no brained to pick mine up in 03 ebony. The liner appears very black and creamy. When I applied it, it went on very pasty and thick. Forgetting the consistency this product was just so dissapointing. It flaked off under my eyes ( can we say cute?) and smudged all over my lids and outer corners :/ and I never touched my face or my eyes... If you want to look like a tired raccoon than this liner is for you. The packaging and price point ($7) however were very impressive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this is an ok gel liner but I think the Elf gel liner and the Mac fluidline are much better. This gel liner is semi-pigmented, flakes a little and is not a very smooth application. I find that I have to go over the line multiple times to get a full black line on my lid and it is not the most long wearing eyeliner I have used. The eyeliner is not very soft and can be difficult at times to have a smooth application. I gave this a 3 because it has some small problems but are easily fixable. I would not buy this product again because I think you get more out of the Elf gel liners or the Mac gel liner.

on 4/28/2013 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first purchased this I loved it. I have Ebony and it is a dark black color that is beautiful. The formula was great and easy to work with. But I've had this for two months and it is getting thick and hard to work with. I've tried mixing with a brush, I've tried smaller brushes, but I can't make it work. So much has been wasted I don't think I'd buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this eyeliner. Gel/cream eyeliners are my favorite and I have used lots of brands. This one really let me down. It streaks and flakes. The consistency is not as smooth as MAC Fluidline and it takes longer to dry down.

The wear time is below average for a gel...3-4 hours, tops.

I would not bother trying this again.

Edit: Tried this one more time to be sure...had terrible reaction. Eyes watered and felt sticky and irritated all day.
This is NOT the eyeliner for sensitive eyes.

on 10/2/2012 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall I did not like this product. It didn't just take a while to dry, it didn't dry at all. if I touch my eyes at all, or they get a little watery, the eyeliner slides right off. It smudges badly and is difficult to apply. The packaging is cute, but I don't think the product is worth it, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

This is such a great dupe for Bobbi Brown's gel eye liner without the high price! I bought this 3x and loved it all 3x. It produces the same results and staying power. Nothing bad to say about this. I agree with the previous reviewer, this one didn't dry out as fast as the Bobbi Brown version. So that is even a bigger plus!