3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I’m really glad I bought this cleanser. It’s very gentle and hydrating, which can be hard to find in drugstore cleansers. It doesn’t leave my dry skin tight, flaky, or irritated, which is a nice change of pace! I also haven’t had any breakouts from it. The little exfoliating beads in it are very mild, so I can use it every day with no adverse effects.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

I don't really like it , it feels like it burns my skin . I also don't like the smell . I haven't seen any results yet ...

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBrown

7 years ago

I bought this product when I was 17 and I was looking for a good face wash not too harsh on my skin and something that makes my face look awesome. When I first used it I was afraid that it would dry out my skin and make my face red, like all the other washes but after I used it my skin felt so soft. I barely needed any of my moisturizer. And since I have acne prone skin, my skin likes that it has beta hydroxy. My acne has cleared up and my face looks clear, with the scars and brown spots showing very minimally. It also helps to heal the problems my skin has. I also like the little beads. It gently exfoliates my skin and gets a lot of the dead skin cells out of my large pores. I can also use it more than once in a single washing without fearing it will dry out my skin. I love this face cleanser and have bought it again and will buy it again!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Mine is actually labeled "age resisting daily renewal cleanser" but says compare to Olay age defying cleanser. This one comes in a pump and costs under $3. I havent tried this particular Olay cleanser, but I have tried others from this line. I picked this up because I am on a tight budget at the moment and needed a cleanser right away and couldn't wait for a sale. This was about the cheapest thing I could find. Overall I have been very impressed with the Equate brand products. They are usually less then half the price of the national brand and are usually very good quality. I was mostly happy with this purchase. The pump is very practical. It comes out a thick cream and I was suprised when I first rubbed it on my skin and felt the little granules because you can see them in the product. The little granules are very find and small, but still dense enough to do some work. I am really picky about scrubs, as I was very impressed with this one. I do not like really tough scrubs that are harsh like those made with shells, they are just to rough on my sensitive skin. Then there are those with the plastic breads, but there are few in concentration compared to the base to really do much. This is the perfect size, the perfect balance between exfoliating without being too rough. I do not feel like it is to rough for everyday either. For something a little more scrubby I still love my St Ive's green tea scrub 1-2x a week. The directions say to use a generous amount and I would have to agree with that, since it doesn't foam. I agree that it is a little hard to rinse off, so using a microfiber towel helps, and make sure you really take the time to rinse it all off. But despite this, somehow it doesn't clog up my skin, which was not what I would've expected since everything seems to clog my pores. Although I still think I prefer a foaming cleanser for my skin type. When using this at night, I remove as much make up as possible before washing with this. It seems like it does a good job removing make up, but when I used toner the cotton pad would pick up traces of makeup, so I try to remove as much before and then cleanse twice to make sure I get all the make up off because my skin is really prone to clogging. Even though this is creamy, it does not make me feel oily or greasy. It leaves my skin feeling rather balanced (my skin is combination with an oily t-zone). I noticed an improvement in the condition of my skin within a few days. I felt like it really helped with my enlarged/clogged pores quite a bit. If I felt like it did a better job removing makeup and sunscreen it would be a 5 start product. Because it doesn't, i switched to using this in the AM and started using the Equate version of Clearasil's Daily Face Wash with the Olay ProX bush at night to remove makeup and sunscreen and saw my skin improve even more. My skin is somewhat sensitive skin and it does not irritate my skin at all. The fragrance doesn't bother me. This is something I would consider buying again in the future to use as a daily light exfoliating cleanser. I would recommend it for normal to dry skin, but it you get clogs/acne it might not be the best option, unless you us it in the AM with something a little more clarifying at night. And let's not forget, the price is pretty incredible. One bottle lasted me about 2 months with daily use. Just a side not: I have reviewed several other Equate brand items and am still trying more out, so see my other reviews if you are curious. I have found these products to be very good for current budget when I don't have the time to shop around for sale/coupons to get the products I usually use.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This stuff work pretty well. I'm not old but it sure cleans well and it gives a healthy glow. On the other hand as I was washing my face it felt greasy and I didnt know if it cleaed my face or not, but as my face dried it was smooth and clear with out the greasy feeling.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

9 years ago

This product does have a smell to it... reminds me of one of the Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. I wouldn't like the smell as a perfume, but as a facial cleanser I'm ok with the scent. The cleanser itself is great. If the scent bothers you, once you rinse it off the scent is gone. I haven't found it to stick around after I wash it off.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

10 years ago

Haven't tried the Olay product, but overall, I like this. The scent is a heavy floral that reminds me of old-fashioned guest soap. Normally I stay away from scented face products, but on my current budget I'm not as picky. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin. The scubbing granules are perfect: they are very small--neither too gentle nor too scratchy--and there are enough of them to do a thorough job. The cleanser is a bit difficult to rinse off and doesn't seem to rinse clean, but it isn't clogging my pores--after about six weeks of using this scrub they look much better.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

10 years ago

Like a previous reviewer stated, this smelled like an 'old lady' product (an old fashioned 'rose' scent), which to me was unpleasant, it lingered, and gave me a slight headache. I tried it twice, then returned it to Walmart.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

10 years ago

I have no problem with the smell of this product. I actually like the fragrance. Non foaming cream cleanser infused with tiny microbeads that are gentle. Great exfoliating cleanser and for $3.50 you get a lot of product. While I do prefer foamy cleansers, I still like this one.

About reviewer (921 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

3.0

11 years ago

This is the knock off of Olay's Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser. Usually knock offs are pretty darn close with the exact same ingredients. This stuff feels the same as the Olay version, but SMELLS HORRID. It's like really bad old lady perfume smell. It works about as well as Olay, but spend the extra dollar to get the real thing that doesn't make you gag while applying it. I shall go back to Olay.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium