Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Cleanser

No Image

2.9

on 6/14/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

pros
great pump bottle
pleasant smell but definitely fragrant
removes sunblock and foundation fairly well
not too drying for combination skin (but somewhat drying)
gives a clean feeling, not necessarily stripped

Cons
Does not remove regular mascara (not waterproof mascara)
watery gel texture (gotta be quick in the shower)
doesn't lather so I have to use more than I'd like
Not as good as Neutrogena One step Makeup Remover Cleanser

this is one of neutrogena's best cleansers. I use this every night, and it does a good job of washing off face makeup and sunscreen. Afterwards, my skin isn't irritated, red or tight- just fresh and clean. This cleanser hasn't made me break out at all, like some cleansers do. My favorite thing about this product is that it leaves your skin unbelievably soft and smooth, unlike any other cleanser I have tried. As weird as this may sound, at the end of the day, i look forward to using this cleanser because of the soothing, relaxing scent and the amazing results.

on 7/10/2009 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I enjoy washing my face in my evening shower with this cleanser. It does have a nice fragrance, although its a little to strong for me. Next time I might try a different scent, I believe I've seen 1 or 2 different scents.

on 9/15/2009 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love what it does to my skin. But oh my god does it smell horrible. To me it smells like old lady hand creme. If I use it at night I can't sleep because of the stink.

on 9/23/2009 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand why more and more companies are putting such STRONG fragrances in their cleansers, soaps, and lotions! YUCK!!!
I would never buy this again. I have a sensitive nose, and this stuff stings my nose like crazy when I wash my face with it. It does do a good job of removing makeup and stuff-- IF you can tolerate the smell, and if the fragrance doesn't irritate your skin (sensitive-skinned users BEWARE). The thing that annoys me most about this product- besides the heavy fragrance- is the packaging. I can't tell you how many times I went to pump some into my hand... and the pump clogs and squirts this crap in every direction! All over my bathroom sink, all over my mirror, and all over ME! I have had to change my shirt 3 times already (not in one day... LOL! ...different occasions) because this stupid pump clogs, and I forget that it has the tendency to do that, and then I'm wearing this stinky mess all over me. Bleh! I already can't stand the smell... I certainly don't want to be wearing it. I am very disappointed in Neutrogena over this product. If they removed the fragrance and changed the packaging, this might actually have had some potential.

is too drying i don't recommend it !

on 10/24/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for about two months now and I really gotta say I love it a lot. It doesn't make my face feel tight, dry or parched and I really enjoy the smell. It hasn't made me breakout, but the only downfall is I don't really find that it removes makeup really well. I don't really wear makeup, so that's not an issue for me. For right now, this is my HG cleanser. I'm going to try and branch out to find if I like something else with added benefits, but I will always fall back to this if nothing works!

Edit: I moved on and found a better cleanser that really works for me....Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild :)

i like it=)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It seemed like this product didn't do a whole lot for me. It never made my skin look better, but it also didn't cause me to break out. It seemed to dry my skin out quite a bit and I never felt like it was super clean. I also couldn't get past the smell. It smelled like an old lady perfume.

on 1/23/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The worst facial cleanser I have ever tried. It made may face extremely rough and dry only after 3 days of use.