Stila Creme Bouquet

Stila Creme Bouquet
Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 9/9/2013 7:39:00 PM

I purchased Creme Bouquet based on a rave review on TotalBeauty.com that listed this one as one of top ten of all time scents. I typically like vanilla based scents, so I took the plunge and ordered this without smelling it first--big mistake! Fortunately I only ordered the rollerball for $16. When it arrived, I put some of this on my wrists and took a lingering sniff. I immediately had a flashback of my now teenaged son as a newborn baby. Something in this fragrance took me back to that time. I recognized the scent but couldn't put my finger on it. What did this smell like from back then? Finally it dawned on me--BABY WIPES!! This stuff smells like baby wipes! While I reveled in my trip down memory lane, I couldn't stand smelling like I'd had an all over wiping down with a quilted, clammy baby wipe. I gave my daughter the rollerball but she gave it back to me after saying the stuff reminded her of scented tampons. I guess that explains why many people say this is a very "feminine" smell. Feminine product smell is probably more accurate. Oh My!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't care what anyone says...I'll always love Creme Bouquet! It just smells of pure happiness and innocence. How can anyone be against that? It's a very powdery vanilla floral, and you might possibly be reminded of babies, but I personally think babies are adorable so it's all good for me. My bottle is the original formula in the older (cuter) bottle, and I only use it on special occasions because I love it so much and I don't want to waste it. I also have two of the rollerballs, one for my purse and one backup. Staying power is relatively good, although it could be better for an EDP. But I'll let it slide because I'm just so weak in the knees for Creme Bouquet.

I just got this in the mail yesterday from the Stila website. The price was very resonable, in the $30 range. The bottle is very cute. It sprays out in a very fine and even mist. My first impression of the scent is a warmer version of Love's Baby Soft. Despite the word "bouquet", I do not detect a lot of floral. The scent is rather light, I can not really place the notes. The dry down is very warm smelling and cozy. I have only had it on for 5 hours but the scent is still there. This would be a lovely fall/winter perfume and perfect for younger tweens.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was very unimpressed with this perfume. On me, it is like a very watered-down version of Pink Sugar with an added noted of powder. I have to spray it many times for it to be noticeable, and even so, it fades very quickly into a faint whiff of powder. I regret buying this fragrance.

on 8/16/2012 8:17:00 AM

This review is for the Summer 2012 reformulation. I am comparing it with the memory of a sample I had some time ago so my memory may not be accurate
It Starts of with baby powder and a note that I find in Loukhoum which I don't remember being there before, like almond powder. Then the lilac kicks in with loads of fluffy vanilla. I thought I remembered Dove soap in there but unless I am completely wrong, that note has gone. The only major difference is the staying power which is not as good as the original which I remember as being really tenacious. If you liked the original though it is worth getting this, very very pretty especially if you love vanilla/heliotrope. LOTV coming through strongly in the drydown.
one lippie off for sp.

on 7/16/2011 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT I am not enjoying the rollerball as much as the EDT spray. For some reason the scent of the rollerball seems so much heavier and stagnant. I think I'd better stick to the spray instead.

A few years ago I found Creme Bouquet shower gel at TJ Maxx. I bought it, used it, and was hooked! Imagine my chagrin when I tried to find a store that carried the EDT only to discover that it was discontinued! Luckily I managed to find it on an auction site. Thank goodness, because this scent is highly addictive and there was no way I could go on without it! :-)

on 9/28/2010 8:44:00 PM

It still hurts my heart every time I think about the fact that this was discontinued. This was my first perfume true love; my mom bought it for me when I was 17 and it's the one perfume I have worn continuously and repurchased over the years (I'm 23 now), and I still love it just us much. It smells like a mix of baby powder and vanilla, with a soft hint of florall. I do like a bit of powderyness in perfumes, but I'm not really a fan of baby powder scents as they tend to irritate my nose, however, it works perfectly in this fragrance. The vanilla adds a perfect creaminess to it...it's almost chocolaty. I will forever love this.

I sort of like this scent, but not much.

It's not the worst, but it smells too artificial for me. Like baby powder (have to agree, slightly).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to agree with some of these other reviewers - this is an HG scent for me. I'm not sure why Stila would ever want to discontinue such a cult classic. Creme Bouquet does start out with a strong baby powder note, which isn't my favorite, but about an hour later it unfolds into a sweet, creamy floral on my skin - it smells like marshmallows and pink lilac. I've tried to stock up on Creme Bouquet and its sister fragrance Jade Blossom, because they are my favorite fragrances ever and are htf now. I am extremely picky about fragrances but both of these are not too heavy and just beautiful.

on 2/20/2009 1:27:00 PM

One thought comes to mind: ahhhhh, lovely!