Stila Creme Bouquet

Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 8/28/2014 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have been meaning to try this for a while, and when I saw it marked down at Ulta, I thought, why not? This is supposed to be a vanilla floral. Don't smell flowers. Don't smell vanilla. What I smell is Nair from the seventies, or more specifically the scent they used to mask the rotten egg smell of depilatory. MERCIFULLY, it does not last longer than an hour or two. This is one of those fragrances that hurts me to smell it.

on 9/9/2013 7:39:00 PM

I purchased Creme Bouquet based on a rave review on TotalBeauty.com that listed this one as one of top ten of all time scents. I typically like vanilla based scents, so I took the plunge and ordered this without smelling it first--big mistake! Fortunately I only ordered the rollerball for $16. When it arrived, I put some of this on my wrists and took a lingering sniff. I immediately had a flashback of my now teenaged son as a newborn baby. Something in this fragrance took me back to that time. I recognized the scent but couldn't put my finger on it. What did this smell like from back then? Finally it dawned on me--BABY WIPES!! This stuff smells like baby wipes! While I reveled in my trip down memory lane, I couldn't stand smelling like I'd had an all over wiping down with a quilted, clammy baby wipe. I gave my daughter the rollerball but she gave it back to me after saying the stuff reminded her of scented tampons. I guess that explains why many people say this is a very "feminine" smell. Feminine product smell is probably more accurate. Oh My!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not impressed with this scent. Not worth the money either! Haven't used it since I purchased it three years ago. Nauseating!

on 12/9/2007 7:38:00 PM

BAD. I've always liked vanilla/gourmand scents, and this smelled fine in Sephora, so a couple of summers ago I bought the little rollerball vial. Once I tried it on me, within a couple of minutes it had morphed into a sweaty, prison-hooch sweetness that truly turned my stomach. I felt bad about wasting the whole thing, so I gave it to a little girl I babysat for at the time, who was thrilled to get a grown-up present. At least she was happy with it! I liked Midnight Bloom (which, in all honesty, verges on too sweet), but this stuff just smelled like vanilla left out in the sun.

on 11/25/2007 11:11:00 PM

Like other posters, I received this sample form Sephora, hoping to love it. It's definitely not for me. It smells like vanilla, baby powder and dead flowers to me - there's something pungent that I can't quite put my finger on, and unfortunately dead flower is the only scent that comes to mind similar to it. I definitely won't be buying this!

on 11/23/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Got this as a sample from Sephora. It's just too powdery for me so I'd definately not be purchasing this. Glad it was just a sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this with a Sephora order. When my Sephora package arrived, I thought, "What is that lovely smell coming from the box?" The box smelled like vanilla. However, when I sprayed the tiny sample on me, it smelled like sweat mixed with vanilla--not pretty (and yes it was the perfume--I wasn't sweaty at the time, lol). I love all things vanilla, but there is no way I would ever purchase this product.

on 10/8/2007 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised to like this. It's a subtle, unobtrusive white floral + vanilla. Not complicated, but comforting and feminine. I tend to like masculine/unisex scents so this is totally not what I gravitate toward. I received this bottle in a swap and will keep it, but I wouldn't repurchase. EDIT: The more I wore it the more the floral vanilla made me nauseous. Down to 1 lippie from 3. I ended up swapping it away. Notes include: vanilla, pink lilac, lily of the valley.

on 1/27/2007 10:07:00 AM

This perfume tried to kill me! I'm serious. First I thought it was perfectly lovely, a gentle vanilla with just a hint of fruity-floral, something nice for daytime. I don't know what happened, first two times or so it worked just fine, but one fateful day it totally turned on me, I started gagging and had to run to the bathroom to wash it off! I don't know if I OD'd on it, if I was hormonal, or WHATEVER, but I can't let that happen again! I used to work in a daycare center, and this is exactly what it smelled like - sweet infant smell gone evil. Extreme baby powder, vanilla pudding, formula, flowery lotion- ugh, agony! Shame because I love Stila make-up, but you can't win 'em all...

on 12/21/2006 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was expecting a soft, warm, creamy scent. Instead, I got this pungent, musky smell layered with artifical flowers. No go.

Popular Fragrances