Stila Creme Bouquet

Stila Creme Bouquet
Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 9/9/2013 7:39:00 PM

I purchased Creme Bouquet based on a rave review on TotalBeauty.com that listed this one as one of top ten of all time scents. I typically like vanilla based scents, so I took the plunge and ordered this without smelling it first--big mistake! Fortunately I only ordered the rollerball for $16. When it arrived, I put some of this on my wrists and took a lingering sniff. I immediately had a flashback of my now teenaged son as a newborn baby. Something in this fragrance took me back to that time. I recognized the scent but couldn't put my finger on it. What did this smell like from back then? Finally it dawned on me--BABY WIPES!! This stuff smells like baby wipes! While I reveled in my trip down memory lane, I couldn't stand smelling like I'd had an all over wiping down with a quilted, clammy baby wipe. I gave my daughter the rollerball but she gave it back to me after saying the stuff reminded her of scented tampons. I guess that explains why many people say this is a very "feminine" smell. Feminine product smell is probably more accurate. Oh My!!

on 11/14/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am surprised at the mediocre reviews here. This is truly my HG scent. It is just light enough that it never gives me a headache, which is rare as so many scents make me seriously ill when I wear them. The problem is finding the stuff. Seriously, I feel like you have to be a hunter to get your hands on it. Sephora is eternally sold out of it, and even the Stila website doesn't do a great job of keeping it in stock. I covet the bottle I have so much that I hardly wear it. In fact, the last time before today that I put it on was on my wedding day. One of my bridemaids said "what it the world is that?" "that is my favorite thing I have ever smelled". This is a very picky friend. I had to go on to tell her it is my favorite too, but that I never wear it because it seems to be so tough to get your hands on. The name suits it perfectly IMHO, because there is nothing sharp to this scent in any way, and it truly does smell so lightly sweet that I could imagine drinking it out of the bottle(probably not recommended...LOL) I don't get too much powder and certainly nothing sour out of it, but I smell a light creamy vanilla with soft flowers mixed in. If you are on the fence, I say try to get your hands on one of the rollerballs, as it is pretty cheap and a great way to try it. That is how I got hooked, and of course, now I can't find one anywhere for my purse.

on 8/16/2012 8:17:00 AM

This review is for the Summer 2012 reformulation. I am comparing it with the memory of a sample I had some time ago so my memory may not be accurate
It Starts of with baby powder and a note that I find in Loukhoum which I don't remember being there before, like almond powder. Then the lilac kicks in with loads of fluffy vanilla. I thought I remembered Dove soap in there but unless I am completely wrong, that note has gone. The only major difference is the staying power which is not as good as the original which I remember as being really tenacious. If you liked the original though it is worth getting this, very very pretty especially if you love vanilla/heliotrope. LOTV coming through strongly in the drydown.
one lippie off for sp.

on 8/28/2014 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have been meaning to try this for a while, and when I saw it marked down at Ulta, I thought, why not? This is supposed to be a vanilla floral. Don't smell flowers. Don't smell vanilla. What I smell is Nair from the seventies, or more specifically the scent they used to mask the rotten egg smell of depilatory. MERCIFULLY, it does not last longer than an hour or two. This is one of those fragrances that hurts me to smell it.

on 9/8/2007 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Creme Bouquet ... soft, gentle, innocent, and lovely... my first choice when I want a nostalgic "comfort scent"... not a fragrance I thought would be attractive to men, but for some reason it is. Go figure... maybe it reminds them of younger days and simpler times, too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new absolute favorite!!! This stuff to me is liquid happiness, a title previously held by Kenzo Amour. I still love Kenzo Amour, but I feel that i've found a real perfume for all seasons. Top notes of this lovely scent include a soft powdery vanilla, some very feminine white florals which to me smell like heliotrope and easter lily. This scent is ultra feminine without being young, pleasantly sweet without being cloying, and powdery but in a very soft way. Wearing this scent is the olfactory equivalent of slipping into a silky white nightie and pink bunny slippers. If you're still second guessing this one, buy the rollerball version to try it out.

on 8/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Stila says this is a delicate blend of vanilla, pink lilac and lily of the valley....
I say this fragrance is hard to overdo. The vanilla is not too sweet and lends a soothing quality. Very soft. I imagine males may find this attractive, in a comforting sense: the perfect cuddle-on-movie night fragrance. As for the 'powder' I read in other reviews, I get a calming, creamy aroma. Definate repurchase for me.

on 6/1/2007 2:23:00 PM

Hey there. This fragrance grows on me each time I wear it. I have gone from "EWWW!" to "not too bad" ...to..."lovely" over the years. I decided the other day that if I keep sampling this bottle I need to own some and purchased the roll-on for $12.00. The more I wore it ...the more I wanted a full bottle. The scent is sweet in a feminine way...by sweet I mean...You feel sweet and feminine wearing it. There is a powder/sweet scent at first that reminds you of a baby's fresh scent after a bath...however it moves into a vanilla and by the time it dries down it is so clean and fresh and sweet without being too much of any particular facet. If I had to compare this to a perfume that I have tried before...I would say Sweet Honesty from Avon (check out reviews for that scent and you will see many love it) however without any sharpness. In a way it is also a bit like Philosophy's Amazing Grace but without that muskiness that goes all wrong on me these days. I have heard folks say there is a musk in this scent but so far my body is not picking up on that. This lasts a long time on me as well...I put some on after a shower last night and this morning it was still clearly there on my wrist (I sprayed from the large bottle after my shower - I mention this as folks have said it lasts longer when sprayed versus rolled on from the roll-on bottle but I am not sure if that is true or not yet.). Give this a try...you can't beat $12.00 for the cute roll-on. If at first you do not care for it...try it a couple of times more. Seriously....it may grow on you (in a good way! giggle). I find this a girly fragrance and if this fragrance had a color...it would be pink for sure...with ribbons and bows...and sparkly things!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't care what anyone says...I'll always love Creme Bouquet! It just smells of pure happiness and innocence. How can anyone be against that? It's a very powdery vanilla floral, and you might possibly be reminded of babies, but I personally think babies are adorable so it's all good for me. My bottle is the original formula in the older (cuter) bottle, and I only use it on special occasions because I love it so much and I don't want to waste it. I also have two of the rollerballs, one for my purse and one backup. Staying power is relatively good, although it could be better for an EDP. But I'll let it slide because I'm just so weak in the knees for Creme Bouquet.

I just got this in the mail yesterday from the Stila website. The price was very resonable, in the $30 range. The bottle is very cute. It sprays out in a very fine and even mist. My first impression of the scent is a warmer version of Love's Baby Soft. Despite the word "bouquet", I do not detect a lot of floral. The scent is rather light, I can not really place the notes. The dry down is very warm smelling and cozy. I have only had it on for 5 hours but the scent is still there. This would be a lovely fall/winter perfume and perfect for younger tweens.

Popular Fragrances