Stila Creme Bouquet

Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 7/18/2002 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm editing this review. I used to hate this but I received a sample of this with the matching Look Book and I thought I loved it so I went ahead and ordered it. While I was waiting for the full sized version to arrive, I was using the sample. What I found out was that this sent was making me feel so sick to my stomach. I would *love* it after I first sprayed it on but a few minutes later it dried down to this extra sweet sugary vanilla scent that made me feel like I was going to be sick. Once the full sized version arrived I returned it.

on 7/23/2002 11:33:00 PM

Smells like these little toffee candies my great aunt used to like to give me as a kid. Somehow, they would come unwrapped in her purse so they would be all fuzzy and sticky.
Worst part of it was that she would never just hand the fuzzball to you, you'd have to go through the old "Open your mouth and close your eyes, I've got a surprise for you" bit. I used to spit them out in her houseplants when she wasn't looking.

on 7/26/2002 9:37:00 AM

I tried this at Sephora and was so glad I only sprayed it on the blotter. Way too much Creme and not enough bouquet! This smelled almost fake and cheapy.

on 7/26/2002 5:56:00 PM

This reminds me of Loves Baby Soft and Play_Dough! Yuck!

on 7/27/2002 12:21:00 PM

I hated this fragrance. It smelled very powdery and heavy. This baby is going back to sephora!!!

on 8/1/2002 1:32:00 PM

not horrid, but nothing to go out and try to find, there are many better vanilla fragrances out there.

on 8/5/2002 1:05:00 PM

I didn't find this quite as horrifying as the other reviewers. This is a sweet, powdery floral. At first sniff, it reminded me of Annick Goutal's "youngish" scents, Petite Cherie and Eau de Charlotte. Sweet, warm, and powdery. Next the lily of the valley note comes through and overall it seems much less complex than those scents. It then reminds me of little girl perfume. Does anyone remember that brand from the eighties, I think it was called Tinkerbell, or at the very least it had Tinkerbell graphics on the pictures? It reminds me of that. Little girl play perfume. I don't hate this, as I like sweet scents. But if you are looking for that sweet floral effect, try the Annick Goutal scents mentioned above before spending money on this. I am returning this because I think it is the sort of perfume that would nauseate those around the wearer. Not good. Also, I think this is overpriced at fifty, (the packaging is sort of cheap, I should mention) and not really representative of the whole Stila line, which I admit is part of the reason I bought it. Ah, marketing.

on 8/7/2002 5:31:00 PM

I know I am in the minority here, but I really love this scent. On me it smells very light and powdery, with hints of lilac. It is fairly strong and doesn't fade quickly like so many other fragrances. It is a bit pricey, but no more so than FRESH or any of the other trendy perfume brands. And the bottle is adorable. I probably won't repurchase, as I get very bored and like to switch around alot. For reference, my favorite perfume is DK Cashmere Mist. I think if you like that one, you'll really like this too.

on 8/13/2002 5:54:00 AM

This reminds me of powder, flowers, suntan lotion and play-doh. yuck!!!

on 8/13/2002 2:56:00 PM

Yuck! This highly anticipated fragrance is just plain nasty. It is disgustingly sweet and powdery. The three top notes are Vanilla, Pink Lilac, and Lily of the Valley. Unfortunately, this smells like cheap perfume, but at $50, it is certainly not. Its a shame, because the concept of layering lotions to customize the fragrance is really cool. Too bad this fragrance is just too awful to really execute that concept.