The Body Shop Hot Brights Blush

The Body Shop Hot Brights Blush

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/20/2011 10:53:00 AM

This is a review for the pink blush, not the bronze.
The packaging is great, with a big mirror that you can use when applying this, unlike so many other packagings.
The pink colour is brilliant. It may seem bright at first, but it looks very fresh on skin. It feels very light. I use the dark pink as blush, and the light as a highlighter, and it works very well.
The only problem I have with this product is the smell. It has a very sweet smell, like perfume. Most of the time I do not mind, however if you are sensitive to smells, this might be a problem.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the Hot Brights blush... not the bronzer.
The packaging it very similar to the bronzer, the flower on the front is just pink and obviously the product instead is pink rather than brown.
I eyed this blush for a very long time when it first came out, and eventually, I caved and bought it for $25CAN. I love it so much, and when it went on sale for 5 or 6 $ on boxing day, I picked up two more as back-ups (because it is now discontinued).
First of all, the packaging is just beautiful. It's slim so it's easy to store, oval, and has a nice, large mirror inside.
As for the product, it's just as good, if not better. Even if it stayed $25 I would have purchased again. Usually I swirl the hot pink and the baby pink together (one side of the pan is one colour, the other side is the other colour) and use my Ecotools brush to apply it to my cheeks. Sometimes I'll use the lighter side after as a soft, sweet and natural looking highlight. It's nice when I'm in a rush or travelling and don't want to pull out a separate highlighter.
I have very pale skin, and the pink colour looks great on my skin. It's soft and sweet, and doesn't look like I packed on the colour.
The product also smells really nice - florally, but not too strong or overbearing. It puts me in a good mood when I smell it in the morning.
I'll be so sad when I've run out! (I'm currently on my second since 2009).

on 5/30/2010 2:38:00 AM

When the hot brights collection came out and this product was $21 bucks, I didn't even glance at it. But around half a year after the collection came out, there was a sale on the whole collection for 3 for $15! Such a good deal and thank god i didn't pay full price on these. I think the body shop needs to understand that bronzers/ defining powders needs to be matte or semi-matte. This powder is quite frosty and isn't the best bronzer from my collection. Will not buy again.

on 4/6/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this with discount so it was pretty cheap. Yay! With the cheek side, it gives a bronzey cheek look which is pretty good for the summer. I even use it as a contour. One down side is that it dries kind of quick so it is a little hard to blend.

As a lip gloss, it is amazing. I use the both sides. There is a little bit of tangling sensation when I put the stain side on, but it was acceptable. Then I put the gloss side on top, and it gives my lips a beautiful shiny look. It's not too shimmery and over the top. It's just natural and beautiful. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This review is for the usage on the cheeks of the dual ended lip/cheek stain and lipgloss from the summer09 collection. It isn't actually a "bright" color as the name implies, it is a very natural glow for the summertime. I keep this in my purse constantly in case I get caught off guard without makeup because at least i'll be able to put a little color in my cheeks and on my lips. This is also a great product because it doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores as is very common.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a review for the dual ended summer 09 collection cheek/lip stain + lipgloss. This is a review for the gloss side and the stain on the lips, I will write another one for the cheek part. I love this gloss, its a perfect shimmery yet not glittery pinky nude that isn't too sticky. It smells amazing, but I don't know what it is. Definitely a fitting summer color. The lip stain doesn't show as well on my pigmented lips, but gives a nice bronzey color to lips. Perfectly coordinated to go under the gloss.

Popular Blush Products