John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lactic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract (Lemon), Curcuma Longa Root Extract (Turmeric), Crocus Sativus Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower), Vitis Vinifera Juice Extract (Grape), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycine, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate, Malic Acid, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Yellow 10

on 8/13/2017 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works but it really dried my hair out some I dark blond hair on top my ends have some blond on my ends I have been coloring my hair for a long time started going gray in my 20s my hair was naturally a dark blond I want some to brighten up my hair and camouflage my grays I wanted to take a break from dyeing my hair but I think this shampoo works to lighten hair but it seems to be damaging than only used it 5x lightened my hair but it really dried it out I don't think I will purchase this again it was 10 dollars a bottle

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've got mousy brown hair and this shampoo did nothing to change that. To be fair, on the bottle there's a big honkin' asterisk next to the phrase "Go 2 shades lighter," that leads you to the phrase "when using the Go Blonder system of shampoo, conditioner, and spray." Which is probably true because the Go Blonder spray contains PEROXIDE. The shampoo is useless though.

The only thing that stops me from rating this product lower is that it cleans my hair as well most shampoos.

That shampoo made me go with dandruff. Horrible. I used it about for 2 months and I noticed the tiny white things on my brush and I now have to use a medicated shampoo. Please do not buy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i am totally agree with the reviewer below.Disappointed.worst shampoo for my scalp.i don't have overly sensitive scalp but this shampoo made my head itchy and gave me dandruff(which i never had before) my hair got greasy faster than ever.i don't like to throw out products without finishing it so i added a few drops of tea tree oil into the bottle.my scalp was better with TTO but still not good.also the bottle is tube and it was pain to adding TTO into the shampoo.i have dishwater blond hair and  i couldn't notice a significant or subtle lightening effect.just a bit shine but it doesn't worth uncomfortably itchy greasy scalp.won`t repurchase.

PLEASE PLEASE DONT USE. I am always ignoring bad reviews when there are more good ones. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and had begun to notice painful lumps on my scalp. I was feeling around yesterday and felt the biggest bald patch at the back of my head. I am horrified. I have noticed more small ones here and there and my whole head is just tingling. Throwing this away and using some natural products from now on. My hair is the same dark blonde and it's staying that way. Not worth going bald. Don't use this, don't even give it a try. I probably won't get all my hair back. This is just the worst. I'm only writing this review to warn people. Just be sensible and go for natural stuff. Get some highlights, whatever. I bleached my hair for 10 years and never had any problems like this.

This product defenitely does what it claims it will do. I have blonde highlights throughout most of my hair because I wanted to go lighter for the summer/fall. I've had multiple people tell me my hair looks lighter and lighter every time they see me, I'm assuming its from this product. However, I've never lost more hair in the shower than I have when I've used this product. Huge amounts of hair falls out of my head and I end up collecting it all in a big ball after the shower. It's kind of scary. Even after drying my hair and brushing it out, hair still falls out. Also, my scalp is so itchy, dry and irritated that the skin of my scalp comes off when I brush it after I use this product. Because of this, I wouldn't buy this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This didn't work for me at all. I was hoping to gradually lighten my hair a little, esp my root area. I have natural light brown hair but after a few uses I saw no lightening at all. Plus like another reviewer I lost much more hair in the shower than normal. In the trash it goes!😞

on 9/10/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this shampoo. I have blonde highlighted hair, and it does make my hair lighter, brighter and healthier.I use it with go blonder mask and it really works.

on 8/23/2015 2:39:00 PM

This stuff really works! I have dark brown hair, and was interested in doing a bit of a natural-looking ombr effect, so I picked this up at Shoppers Drug Mart for about $10, and used it on the ends of my hair only. It has such a pleasant colour and smell, and lathers nicely. I would run it through the ends of my hair, lather, then leave it on for about 3 or 4 minutes before rinsing. I saw lightening results within a few uses, and although it was slightly drying, it's nothing a good conditioner or mask can't fix. I recommended this to a friend who has light brunette hair dyed blonde, and she found that using it on her roots only meant that she didn't have to go for touch ups as often!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually really like this stuff! It has a very subtle lemon scent, lathers well and comes in a bright yellow bottle. I do not have any issues with dryness in my hair--ever--and this stuff is no exception. Keep in mind, though I have stick straight, fine hair (but a LOT of it). If you have dry hair, curly or damaged...I can't speak for you if this would exacerbate the problem but it definitely did NOT dry mine out at all.
After dyeing my pixie hair blonde I noticed the golden tones really bugged me. I started off as a medium golden blonde (I am normally a 'dirty' blonde) and after a couple uses I can definitely tell that the golden/brassy tones have been reduced causing it to definitely look lighter.
(yes, I use the conditioner too).
If something changes, I'll come back and change the review but all in all I really actually like this stuff. Cheaper and easier than buying a toner for sure.
(keep in mind that my hair isn't very dark to begin with...someone who is a natural brunette who has dyed it blonde/r might not have the same results...I assume since my hair is closer to blonde it might work a bit better....).

Popular Shampoos