3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

Absolutely horrible. I used this ONE time on virgin hair and my hair is sooo dry and straw like and I have bumps on my scalp. My hair is normally super soft and perfect. DO NOT BUY THIS

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

10 months ago

It is time for me to review the John Frieda Go Blonder Collection.  I've used this in different products (an older mask, since discontinued) over the last few years.  I preferred to use the lightening mask mostly near my roots to give me some extra time in between visits to the hairstylist.  John Frieda has since discontinued the mask and instead introduced a Lemon Miracle Mask.  Unfortunately, the new version doesn't do anything to actually help lighten hair, or help revive blonde highlights. The Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner also have the same problem, they don't do anything to help lighten hair or highlights.  The only item in this collection that actually does anything to lighten hair is the Go Blonder Spray.  You don't really need to use any of the other products, such as the shampoo, conditioner, or mask.  Unless you are in need of a good shampoo I don't recommend purchasing the other items expecting to help it brighten highlights.  My more detailed video review can be seen here: https://youtu.be/ds-EWdcJAfE

About reviewer (704 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

Waste of money. This shampoo, with 6 months of use, did not lighten my naturally medium-blonde hair at all, but left it dry and brittle instead. As a shampoo, it does its job, cleaning hair to an average sort of standard, but is not worth its price tag at all.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

2 years ago

I’ve been using this shampoo for two months. It’s amazing. I’am using it with the conditioner and the lightening spray. And the color is just perfect. Didn’t dry my hair at all. Smells really good. And I feel that my hair quality has improved.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

This is a great shampoo, I have been using for about 3 months and have not had any problems at all. It definitely lightens the hair over time, in a month I noticed a definite difference. This is on dyed/bleached hair so it will probably work faster on hair that is more porous. The fragrance is good and not too overwhelming. Really just freshens the hair. I didnt have any problems with it drying out my hair as I use conditioning treatments in conjunction with it. It really lives up to its name and I was impressed because I didnt think it would work that well. It will not work on dark hair - I know because it doesnt effect my natural dark roots or shaved side where natural hair color is. But definitely great to lighten blonde.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This works but it really dried my hair out some I dark blond hair on top my ends have some blond on my ends I have been coloring my hair for a long time started going gray in my 20s my hair was naturally a dark blond I want some to brighten up my hair and camouflage my grays I wanted to take a break from dyeing my hair but I think this shampoo works to lighten hair but it seems to be damaging than only used it 5x lightened my hair but it really dried it out I don't think I will purchase this again it was 10 dollars a bottle

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

2.0

3 years ago

I've got mousy brown hair and this shampoo did nothing to change that. To be fair, on the bottle there's a big honkin' asterisk next to the phrase "Go 2 shades lighter," that leads you to the phrase "when using the Go Blonder system of shampoo, conditioner, and spray." Which is probably true because the Go Blonder spray contains PEROXIDE. The shampoo is useless though. The only thing that stops me from rating this product lower is that it cleans my hair as well most shampoos.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

That shampoo made me go with dandruff. Horrible. I used it about for 2 months and I noticed the tiny white things on my brush and I now have to use a medicated shampoo. Please do not buy

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

i am totally agree with the reviewer below.Disappointed.worst shampoo for my scalp.i don't have overly sensitive scalp but this shampoo made my head itchy and gave me dandruff(which i never had before) my hair got greasy faster than ever.i don't like to throw out products without finishing it so i added a few drops of tea tree oil into the bottle.my scalp was better with TTO but still not good.also the bottle is tube and it was pain to adding TTO into the shampoo.i have dishwater blond hair and  i couldn't notice a significant or subtle lightening effect.just a bit shine but it doesn't worth uncomfortably itchy greasy scalp.won`t repurchase.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE DONT USE. I am always ignoring bad reviews when there are more good ones. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and had begun to notice painful lumps on my scalp. I was feeling around yesterday and felt the biggest bald patch at the back of my head. I am horrified. I have noticed more small ones here and there and my whole head is just tingling. Throwing this away and using some natural products from now on. My hair is the same dark blonde and it's staying that way. Not worth going bald. Don't use this, don't even give it a try. I probably won't get all my hair back. This is just the worst. I'm only writing this review to warn people. Just be sensible and go for natural stuff. Get some highlights, whatever. I bleached my hair for 10 years and never had any problems like this.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24