Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Lacquer 74 Dynastie

No Image

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The reviews below nail it. It's not drying, and it's like a long last lipcolor. Usually my lips flake even when regular lip balm wears off, but this wears off like a lush stain. That's why I'd buy it again, even at the steep cost, possibly in other colors. I got it in Dragon. I'm a pale asian and with both pink and yellow undertones, and this blue toned red is perfect for a classic red lip in my opinion. I'm pairing it with another Chanel product-- their powder blush in Tempting Beige. It's close to matte but not quite and a beautiful nude that I'm sure would work on a lot of people.

on 1/4/2010 7:40:00 PM

I have shade 75, also known as Dragon

On many beauty blogs hailed as the perfect colour for a red lip with blue undertones. I bought it and it does exactly what everyone says it does.

Very deep red lips, it doesn't feel dry and leave you wanting a bit of lipbalm and stays on pretty well.

I wanted to buy this for a long time but I was put off by the admittedly high price ($32 minus tax). However I got sucked in and found a shade that I can smudge on with my fingers or apply with the doe-tip applicator without a mirror! I have this in Dynastie which is a wonderful warm pink, the tiniest hint of shimmer (this is not a flat shade) and it verges on a brick-pink. I am into a "brick-pink" shade phase, and other glosses like LORAC's lipshine have been perfect for me as well. This however is a much tackier gloss- tacky but NOT sticky (like lipglass)- it feels quite soft actually. I love this- when the shine wears down I have a pleasant stain on my lips that I like VERY much. I look natural, but enhanced just so much...

on 6/9/2009 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In a short time since these came out (a couple of months) I have bought 4 colours and that says something. I just simply love these babies! RA Lip Lacquer is a combination of a lipstick, non-sticky lip gloss and lip stain, but if I had to pick one category it belongs to, I would probably choose lipstick. I don't like lip glosses, love lipsticks and lipstains and absolutely love this concept. I also have very drying lips and find that this product does not dry them out, actually, keeps them well hydrated. The longevity is decent, probably not as good as some RA lipsticks, but definitely good enough so that you only have to reapply after eating.
Now in terms of the colour... I was on a search for a nice nude/neutral colour to wear when I wear strong eye makeup. I have light skin with yellow undertones. I kept looking at super nude lippies, but found them to produce a too washed out effect on my face. When Chanel MA recommended this colour at first, I thought it was too blah just by looking at it in the bottle, hence I never tried it. But then, I finally tried it on my lips and realized that this was the probably best MLBB lipstick I ever owned! The colour is very interesting, as I said, it is super-close to my natural lip colour, but stands out just enough to make the lips look classy, yet not overdone. If you have difficulty finding a good lisptick to pull off with strong eye makeup or just as an everyday basic MLBB colour, I strongly recommend this colour. It does have a nice sheen and will make your lips look soft and supple without overdoing the colour or washing you out. Highly recommended!!!!

on 11/3/2009 1:10:00 PM

Okay, I don't have this product in the 'dynastie' color, so this review will be of the 'Dragon' shade [a true, Hollywood red] of Chanel's Luminous Satin Lip Lacquer.

I have such a love/hate relationship with Chanel makeup. Love the products, hate the price . . . but again, LOVE the products. My solution? Wait til my birthday or Christmas rolls around and buy the coveted goodies with whatever cash or gift cards I get.

Anywho, this new lip lacquer is AMAZING!!! The color is pure and saturates your lips, it doesn't dry out your lips or make them flaky, it feels creamy but not sticky or heavy, and it has great staying power. I tried some on at the Chanel counter around noon, and the color lasted until that night! Sure, a *little* came off when I ate, but unless you put glue in your lip gloss or something, that's the case with most lip products.

I can't say enough about the color. I'm a lighter-skinned African american woman with olive undertones, so finding lip colors that don't make me look like something out of an '80's music video is TOUGH. This color is so gorgeous I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror all day - I felt so glamorous.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll be buying this stuff in at least 4 more shades. HIGHLY recommend this product.

I bought this just last week. At first I wondered if it was going to get pushed to the back of my make up drawer and forgotten about. I don't tend to wear solid color lipsticks - and had been a long time since I had worn lipstick at all. I was used to wearing lipstain with a gloss over it. I find that I absolutely love this product if I put on enough to cover my lips, blot a little and then top with gloss. It last a really long time without drying my lips. I'm going back to see what other colors I want.

Popular Lips Products