It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglycerylpolyacladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alchhol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate & Tocopheryl, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phytonadione, Soluble Collagen, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Black Iron Oxide CI 77499, Yeloow Iron Oxide CI 77492, Red Iron Oxide CI 77491.

on 7/14/2016 5:19:00 AM

(I use this concealer on top of my Bobbi Brown corrector)

This concealer is thick so I only need a tiny TINY bit each time to conceal both under eyes and the sides of my nose.

1) I squeeze a tiny amount on the back of my left hand,
2) I use my right ring finger to dab the concealer on the back of my hand a few times to warm it up a bit before
3) lightly dotting it all around my eyes (3 dots below and 3 dots above each eye).
4) With the excess, I dot the sides of my nose from the eyes to the nostrils.
5) After all that dotting, I proceed to blend the concealer into the areas I mentioned above with my ring finger.
6) I use Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set it.

Amazing coverage that lasts and doesn't crease as badly as some other concealers I've tried. I believe the trick is to use a TINY bit of concealer each time. Considering how little i use each time, I think the tube is going to last me quite awhile.

I also love that it's in a tube. Easy to bring around and most hygienic!

I got this deluxe free sample from Ulta and I was very excited to try a very hyped concealer. I usually use Maybelline's under eye concealers and I like them a lot. This concealer, not so much. It is EXTREMELY thick. The smallest amount goes the longest way. It also felt very oily which I did not like. I'm very pale and the neutral medium shade actually matched very well. Overall, I don't think I'll keep using the sample because even with the good coverage I still don't have everything 100% covered and I don't want to layer it up since it's already so thick and pastey.

Pros:
-Good coverage (but still a little peaking through)

Cons:
-A bit cakey
-Settled into every crevice
-Never felt as if it set

To Read all 248 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/16/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really hate this concealer. The coverage is nice, however it's so thick which makes it hard to blend. I could get over this, I don't mind doing a little extra work to blend however the main issue I have is it never sets on me. I can dab on the teensy tiniest little bit, blend the hell out of it (I've tried brushes, BeautyBlender and my fingers) and then set it with powder (I've even tried several different powders) and it still feels tacky and moves around hours later. It also creases like nothing I've ever used. Why can't I get this to work for me?! I keep trying because I hate that I spend $22 on this but nothing I do seems to work.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like that this is a thick paste and when used sparingly, gives great coverage. It made my eye area look great for about an hour. I am 49 years old, and this product sank into my fine lines making the under eye area look worse. Even setting it with powder, it had no staying power.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Truly exceptional. After reading online review after online review of concealers in the hopes of finding a non-fine-line excentuating, non-caking, full coverage makeup for bags under my eyes and trying a good handful of them (from the drugstore brands to the much more expensive per fraction of an ounce varieties) I walked into ulta and just asked what undereye corrector the immaculately groomed salesperson recommended. There were two and I can't for the life of me remember the other brand she suggested, which I would now love to try given my success with this product (but I haven't felt the need to venture outside of this one since it leaves almost nothing to be improved upon) but this was the corrector that was in stock in my color (the lightest shade).

It's soooo creamy. I was more of the "lighter and whiter is better to conceal" frame of mind and while I still do like the contoured, spotlight, Kim K look of the brighter undereye, this showed me that concealing is not improved or dependent on such factors. What you need is a solid undereye corrector! And here it is. The color is slightly lighter than the rest of the shades I use on my face, per usual for most going under the eye, but only so slightly. Where it differs most is in its very cool peachy undertones on my otherwise warm skin. The red hues are where it's cancelling effects come in to play and boy does it work. Really nothing has instantly and almost completely erased my undereye darkness like bye bye undereye and, especially back in high school and college when I was exceptionally hypercritical and sleep deprived (like was asked if I had a black eye once), I have tried a TON of products for this. I don't know if I just have better perspective now or if my bags have slightly improved or if they just haven't gotten much worse and are now more comparable to those of my peers with age but I wouldn't say I have an extreme case to deal with. But they are there. Not especially sunken and not pillowed out but darker and with fine lines (some naturally occurring under the eye from birth and some from age and damage) if that gives you an idea of what I'm workin' with. This isn't cakey and even if it was you only need a thin layer to see fantastic correction and coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines much at all and it certainly doesn't excentuate them. Sometimes I'll mix a white corrector (I believe it's your run-of-the-mill covergirl stick that's been around forever and comes in a variety of colors at your local drugstore) to get the more "done up" highlighted look and the bye bye seems to take control of the consistency and actually improve the other product.

Now, I can't remember exactly how much this cost, but I know it was more than most drugstore brands. However, it wasn't nearly as much as some of the concealers I've bought and scrapped for exactly this purpose. It certainly wasn't enough to stand out in my mind and I would absolutely repurchase.

I apply by patting it on with my fingers (after warming up on the back of my hand if I'm mixing products otherwise straight out of the pot is fine) in a triangle shape and then blending out with a dampened beauty blender. For extra staying power I'll give my blender a spritz of urban decay all nighter setting spray and give it a once over with that. I've had fantastic results this way.

All in all, fabulous under eye corrector. Exactly what I've been after for ages and definitely an HG. It also lasts a very long time, I've had mine for months and months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought on QVC for $29 and it came with the brush! I personally love it! I have dark circles under my eyes and this is the only stuff that complety covers them.. I put eye cream in first then this and let it dry.. I have been using with the CC Cream.. Looks good!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite heavy duty concealers. You only need a little to cover up dark circles, dark spots, or any other blemishes. Of course you should set it with powder right away if used under the eyes as it will crease but other than that, it has no other cons in my book.

on 5/29/2016 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I paid way too much for a travel sized neutral medium. This is similar to Hard Candy Glamoflage at about 3 X the price. It has a strange light grey tint when it should be more peachy to cover under eyes. The formula stays tacky, even under powder, and acts as a magnet for your eyeliner and mascara. A few hours after applying a small amount and setting it, I was a blotchy mess. I think it works best anywhere other than the eyes.

on 5/7/2016 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

** UDPATE 3 weeks later**
Sheepishly adding 2 more stars, and a yes to repurchase. I recently bought a new beauty blender sponge at Marshalls. The squishy springy type. Decided one MORE time to try this again using the new sponge.. Perfect results. Does everything promised. Covers, brightens, stays put all day. However, even with this application tool it's tricky and takes practice. 5 star coverage, but considering the learning curve to get this to work, and the high price point, it should not be so difficult to use... see below for my initial opinion.

I have deep set eyes with accompanying very dark circles in fair skin. I have been using undereye concealer since stealing from mother's make up kit in 4th grade. Nothing works perfectly, but I had high hopes for this product.

I knew it was somewhat thick in consistency but didn't mind, in the past I've had success with some of the thicker products. So, dropping $32 for concealer *gasp* I truly hoped to finally find my holy grail.

Instead, after one week of daily use I can safely say it is the WORST concealer I've ever used, having surpassed that prize I previously gave to Revlon colorstay. To wit:

The color "Medium" is lighter than the lightest of any concealer I've ever tried.
It doesn't give full coverage, the darkness peeks through.
Initially upon applying you get this crazy wet shine.
After an hour of wear it settles into every crack, crease and crevice you have (and some you didn't know about).
After a few hours it is wearing off AND the undereye area is noticeably parched.

I have tried every solution to make this stuff WORK as it apparently does for so many people.

Watched the video on how to apply. Tried applying with various methods and combinations of all - fingers, small concealer brush, beauty sponge, large concealer brush, makeup brush. Moisturizer under, over, setting powder finish, foundation over (a must, to tone down the lightness).

Stubbornly I keep using this in an effort to get the raved about results and my circles have never looked more prominent.

Incredibly disappointed in this product. Products that have worked best for me are the old fashioned Maybelline concealer stick, dermablend, one or two Mac concealers, and actually a great find is a NYC liquid concealer.

on 4/29/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of this product. I don't absolutely hate it, but I certainly don't love it either. Like many others said, this product is THICK and tacky. You don't need a whole lot of product to cover your under eyes. The thing I didn't like the most about this product was that you definitely need to SET, SET, SET after applying. I'm very lazy when it comes to make up so when a product requires another product (in this case 2 - a powder and a brush!), I refuse to p purchase it again. The coverage is good, it definitely works in that area. I'm not sure if it would work well on blemishes, but considering the consistency I don't think it would be ideal for that.