It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
Enter Title

3.8

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglycerylpolyacladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alchhol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate & Tocopheryl, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phytonadione, Soluble Collagen, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Black Iron Oxide CI 77499, Yeloow Iron Oxide CI 77492, Red Iron Oxide CI 77491.

on 12/14/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this concealer. I tried it because my sister got it in a kit from QVC. For reference, I'm NC 20 in MAC, and Fairly Light in Bare Minerals Original. The shade Medium is actually a perfect match for me in Bye Bye Undereye but I don't ever try to lighten up the undereye. I am 43 with undereye darkness that I've had for life -- my diet and the amount of sleep I get doesn't matter when it comes to my undereye darkness, and I've found that lightening or "illuminating" the area only emphasizes the darkness. What works best for me is matching my exact skin-tone, so Medium is a great match for me here. If you want to lighten up that area, you can go for a shade lighter than your foundation.

Onto the product itself. The first time I used it, it was a disaster. I go light with concealer, you won't ever find me squeezing out a lot of product. I usually take a pea sized amount and dab it on my ring fingers, splitting that amount up for both eyes. Even that was way, way too much of this product. It took a week for me to blend it in and it creased like I'd put Crisco under my eyes.

It Cosmetics recommends using a pin-prick sized amount and really warming it up with your fingertips before dotting it onto the undereye area, then buffing it with a brush. For me, this has made all the difference. Granted, there's a slight learning curve there and it takes a little more time than other concealers, and normally I wouldn't bother but it works for me better than any other concealer that I've used, so I do it. I think if you're younger or if you don't have hardcore undereye darkness, this product might be too fussy for you to bother with -- but if you're like me, it's worth a try.

So, I take a teeny tiny dot of the product and tap my fingertips together to warm it up, then I dab it gently onto the undereye area, and I keep dab-dab-dabbing with my fingers to spread it around. The consistency is very thick, almost clay-like, so you might feel like it's going to be a huge fail, but just keep dabbing. To set it, I use whatever I have on hand, sometimes it's Laura Mercier Undereye Setting Powder, and sometimes it's Elf HD Undereye Setting Powder, both of which pair nicely with the concealer and work just fine. Like I said, the concealer has a weird, thick consistency. It reminds me of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation if you're familiar with that, and it feels slightly tacky even once I set it, but somehow it works and I look healthy and fresh faced. It really makes a huge difference in my look and for that reason, I will continue to warm it up and dab-dab-dab. I will also point out that immediately after applying it and setting it, it looks cakey and terrible. Give it about fifteen minutes. It seems to melt into the skin and even out, then it looks beautiful and youthful.

Right now, the price is a steal if you get it from QVC. They sell the concealer with a brush for thirty dollars. I'm sure that the It Cosmetics brushes are lovely, but I didn't want to spend the money for a brush when my trusty old Elf Concealer brush (the big black fluffy one) has never let me down. I got a two-for-one set that came with two of the concealers (no brush included) for thirty dollars.

I think that about covers it. Once I apply my makeup, I do not refresh it or touch it up ever. I do my makeup once and other than lip gloss or a lipstick, I'm not touching it again. This concealer holds up well for a normal work day and from a conversational distance, you can't see much creasing or melt down so I'm really happy with it, and it pairs nicely with any sunscreen, eye cream or moisturizer that I use. Your mileage may vary but it really is worth a try if you have fine lines or under eye darkness.

Where to begin with this concealer? So I kept hearing people at work (I work at Ulta) rave about this product and I was like what the hell might as well try it. I used it for about three weeks before I ended up passing it off to my mom. I followed the instructions as specified on the packaging (warming it up with fingers and blending out with brush etc..) and it went on really well and brightened nicely. However, it settled into my fine lines under my eyes (I might only be 22 but ya girl is stressed and doesn't sleep like ever) and it also made my mascara rub off and turn my under eyes black. At first I thought it was my mascara but after switching concealers to the Shape Tape by Tarte I realized it was in fact this concealer. I switched up the application process a few times trying to blend out with my beauty blender and even setting it with a few different setting powders. But alas, my under eyes were black once again. My mom really enjoys it however (she has dryer skin than I do) so it may have reacted poorly to the oils in some of my skin and my eyes inability to stop watering. I do think you get a lot of product and a little definitely goes a long way so this will last you a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: The coverage is just OK, and a thin layer of it stayed tacky/wet under my eyes even with finishing powder. Sorry but hard pass.

I got this in an Ipsy bag in a color far too light for me, but the consistency seemed like it would be nice to my dry skin and the coverage appeared good on my hand. I found and tried a better color match in-store.

I wanted so badly to like this concealer. It takes such a little amount and goes a long way and trying it on, the coverage seems like it's going to be amazing. Applying it under the eye, the coverage was mediocre - my Maybelline dark circle correcting concealer does better at a fraction of the price (and it's not even my HG).

Even worse, the formula never seemed to dry under my eyes. I didn't even apply a thick layer and it stayed tacky to touch, even with setting powder. When I tapped under my eye later, some came off on my fingertip. And yes, of course it creased.

If you can get it to set, I could see it maybe working? I could personally have dealt with the "meh" coverage if the formula cooperated but alas, no thanks. There are better concealers out there.

on 11/26/2018 10:21:00 PM

Purchased in a sample kit of IT Cosmetics products, nice small size which allowed me to sample a generous amount of product. I would not rebut just because it is not what I personally need for an under eye concealer. It is very thick product which requires good blending. It did however cover very well but I prefer something lighter that can be blended quicker. It also had a shiny oily sheen which I did not like to have under my eyes. I would use this when I want to do a full face of makeup like special occasions and weddings.

on 11/12/2018 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is such a good concealer! It literally hides the bags under my eyes completely so Iā€™m sold!

on 11/2/2018 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this concealer, it conceals darkness under my eyes really effectively. I have this in the shade Tan (I match NC 35-40) and it has some peachy undertones to cancel out brown and blueness. I don't use it everyday but when I haven't gotten enough sleep it's the first piece of makeup I reach for.

With a fine dusting of powder (I like to use Parado's Foundation Powder) underneath it lasts as long as I want it to until it's time for makeup removal. I usually use my fingers to blend a pea sized amount underneath, but a flat brush or fluffy domed brush works just as well. It looks really natural and my eyes are brightened after using this product. One the rare occasion I use it to conceal redness on my face it does a sufficient job without being cakey.

The packaging is not my favorite - I prefer a doe foot application - but I admit it's great value for money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not a fan. This was so thick it was like applying sparkle. It didnt blend out well and seems to be heavy on the eye area. Also, it seemed to settle into lines too much.

I wish this was a bit thinner as it covered well but was too thick.

on 10/9/2018 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This isn't my favorite concealer to use under my eyes but it is very dependable. It's EXTREMELY pigmented (you need a pin size dot for each eye) and takes some patience to blend out (I prefer to use my finger, it "melts" due to body temperature). It has a dewy finish and MUST be set. It doesn't budge all day and it creases only minimally after a long 9+ hour day. I've compared it to the ABH concealer and it creases much less than that one does under my eyes.

I only took off a star because the color is a bit odd. I got "medium" and it leans cool, which doesn't help me much with my dark eye circles. I use a corrector underneath.

One giant plus of this concealer is how travel friendly it is because of the squeeze tube! Plus you get a TON of product, so I'm sure a tube is going to last me years.

on 9/6/2018 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So, I just recently bought this after reading mixed reviews on here, and a lot of raves on youtube. I wanted to try it for myself, cuz I just don't have an HG concealer & wanted to find one. Well, I'm pretty sure I have found one with the It By Bye Undereye!!

I wear the shade medium sand. For reference, I wear Dawn in EL double wear foundation. I am light (not fair) & have yellow undertones. I am 47 yrs old, but everyone says I look 37 šŸ˜

I am convinced that the people that are giving this concealer negative reviews are simply not applying it correctly (check out Lisa J Makeup on youtube - she does a fabulous tutorial!) I know other reviewers have stated that you only need the tiniest dot of this under each eye to cover everything. That is so true, and cannot be emphasized enough! But, not only do you need the tiniest dot, you also have to take your time blending it and patting it out. Like, twice as long or more than any other concealer I have ever tried. I probably spend at least one to two minutes per eye patting this out with my finger, or a small damp Beauty blender, which also works very well! It is very thick & moisturizing, so probably not as beneficial for younger people. But, even thought it is moisturizing, you MUST apply under eye cream before applying this concealer or it will not blend as well. Also, you need to allow a few minutes for your eye cream to sink in before applying this concealer.
I highly recommend for anyone with dark circles, fine lines, or dryness.

on 9/1/2018 2:08:00 AM

Loved loved loved this concealer, did not flake after putting it on ~ a little bit goes a long way ~ and it is definately buildable

definitely use your eye treatment, it is a little tacky applying but settles in very well and stays put all day long - love that it is waterproof ~ and I apply powder on top of it with a non-latex wedge or a small brush so that it is "baked"

Best concealer that really conceals with looking dry and cakey afterwards

A holy grail for me