It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
Enter Title

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglycerylpolyacladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alchhol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate & Tocopheryl, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phytonadione, Soluble Collagen, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Black Iron Oxide CI 77499, Yeloow Iron Oxide CI 77492, Red Iron Oxide CI 77491.

This is the best under-eye concealer that I have used, in that it provides great coverage and looks flawless. It also lasts all day.

On the negative side, during the winter months the consistency of the product becomes quite hard and is therefore difficult to blend in. I'll warm up my hands, take a dab of the product then swirl it around to make it more liquid-like before applying to my skin.

Overall, the results have been fabulous and in my view it's worth investing in the product.

on 2/27/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So this product is actually pretty good at covering my dark circles and staying on all day. I actually would use this product so much more if I could use it without it breaking me out. Something in it totally breaks me out but almost in a way I can’t explain! i think Bc it covers so well it actually clogs my pores and the blemish isn’t like a normal pimple it’s like a cyst. I’m wondering if anyone else has the same issue and I know it’s this product Bc literally anywhere that I’ve test on my face especially my t-zone and forehead I get these inflamed pores. I know it’s meant for only under eyes but if I use my blender and accidentally use it on other places of my face i am guaranteed to break out. Sucks Bc this concealer actually stays in place and looks great! Ugh I wish it didn’t break me out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this based on the rave reviews; I like it but don’t love it. It does a good job covering my dark circles but the package I bought literally was half empty. I had to flatten the tube almost entirely down to get any product out the first time I used it! That really pissed me off, given how expensive it is. Next time I will try shape tape instead.

on 2/22/2018 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in my February Ipsy bag and I’ve got to say I’m not crazy impressed. The lasting power and packaging are fabulous but the coverage is just not there. I have hereditary dark circles and I’ve only found one concealer (Maybelline Age Rewind) that covers them. I will use this up because I ran out of my HG and might as well save some money but will not purchase. This will be great for someone who just wants slight brightening.

on 2/22/2018 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a small sample tube of this... to be honest, I could totally imagine that tube being the full size, as only small amount of product is needed for every application. I wasn't that impressed about it though. It has... pretty good coverage. At the time I first tried it (2013), this was one of the more covering concealers, alongside MakeUpForEver Full Cover and MAC Pro Longwear, which both are WAY too drying for my undereyes. Now, there are plenty of options.

Even when I initially tried it, I would still give it a 4 at best though. The coverage was not THAT great - I still didn't have enough to cover my pretty bad circles. It has a tacky, thick consistency, which made this unpleasant to apply, as I always tugged at my undereyes trying to spread this. It doesn't have great longevity either - unlike many of my other concealers, it creased into my lines and even became a little blotchy during the day. Many reviewers praised it though, so I stuck with it. During the first week I used it, I began noticing my undereyes felt a little sensitive and sore. In another week I began noticing that my undereyes were getting a little darker than normal, without my sleep pattern changing (I might even have been sleeping more); this was likely because of irritation. I was wondering what could be doing that... this has a retinoid in it (retinyl palmitate). I understand retinoids for the rest of the face, but one should be careful about them for under the eyes. On top of that, this doesn't have any SPF, which means that if you're wearing this with no sunscreen under, your undereye takes even more damage from the sun. However, even when wearing retinoid during the day (not generally recommended as they degrade into chemicals that can harm the skin, and seems to increase insidence of skin cancer in the case of retinyl palmitate - just google "retinyl palmitate sun exposure"), the sunscreen should be applied OVER the retinoid, to protect it from degradation.

To sum up: not impressed, then confused, then disappointed bout this concealer - I though the company was more ingredient-conscious :/

on 2/22/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm always on the look out for concealers that will fill out the hollows under my eyes (and some darkness as well). So I look for products that are luminizing. This concealer is WET LOOKING - it's not luminizing! So now instead of having dark circles I look like I have white circles under my eyes. Shade selection is odd and every one of them ends up looking wet and white under light but the darker colour will look orange relative to your foundation in natural light.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It seems odd that an under eye concealer is so tacky and thick. Because of its heavy texture it is unbelievably hard to spread under the eye area without tugging at the delicate skin. I can’t see myself using this as an every day concealer but I will keep it on hand to cover up the occasional blemish. Because it’s so sticky it really clings to a blemish well and lasts all day.

on 2/7/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this concealer 😒 First of all, it’s super thick which is fine, blended out with a damp beauty blender it looks nice for about .01 seconds, then you think about setting it and OH HELL NO. It shrivels my undereye skin up like a raisin(yes, I use eye cream and prime the skin beforehand) and no matter what powder I put on it oxidizes into this nasty grey color. I haven’t had one instance where I haven’t had to wipe this off. By bye is right! Skip this, it’s expensive and it sucks. 👎🏽

on 1/21/2018 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I fiiiiiiinally found an undereye concealer that works for me! I have moderate dark circles, some minor wrinkling, under-eye bags and a very oily eye area. I have tried and rejected so, so many undereye concealers. This one is my jam but there are some tricks to making this concealer work for me.

This concealer is *thick* and concentrated. I squeeze out the amount that would fit on the head of a pin and don't even end up using all of it despite my dark circles being pretty bad. A lot of the issues I read in previous reviews are due to using way, way too much product. It's best to use much less than you think you will need, blend it out and add more if you need it. I apply a very small amount with a concealer brush to spread it out and then tap it in with my ring finger until it's blended. If you are using this like it's a thinner concealer you apply with a doe-foot applicator and then you try to blend it out with a BB it's going to be a gloppy mess.

This concealer covers and wears very well. Despite the oiliness of my eye area this stays on until I remove it at the end of the day. I do sometimes prime underneath if I have any flakiness as this product will cling to flakes. I generally powder over top but it's more to keep my general oiliness from melting my mascara and doesn't seem to make much of a difference when it comes to wear time. I get a tiny bit of creasing but I have never come across a product that doesn't crease at all and this seems to crease less than anything else.

This is a pretty expensive product at $32 CAD but given the tiny amount I use it will take me at least a year to work my way through the entire tube. Previously, I was going through a tube of Maybelline Fit Me every month so the value here is much better.

I absolutely love the packaging! Not because it's especially glam but because the tiny tube opening is very, very sanitary. No bacteria is getting in there which is better for your health plus it prolongs the longevity of the product. Any liquid/cream/gel that doesn't come with a pump or in a squeeze tube deserves a Viking funeral.

So far this seems to be invisible in photos but I haven't looked at it in a dark room / bright flash situation just yet. I will update when I get there!

-high coverage / concentrated product
-long wearing
-great value due to low cost per wear
-sanitary packaging
-looks great in photos
-minimal creasing

-a bit more work to blend than other concealers

on 1/5/2018 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good undereye concealer in terms of coverage and color/brightening. The consistency is really frustrating though. You absolutely have to apply this before your other makeup because it is so thick. Like toothpaste thick and really hard to blend. It's not something I reach for when I'm doing my everyday makeup because it's just too high maintenance (would rather use maybelline age rewind), but if I'm going out for an event and willing to spend more time then I'll use it.