Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel

Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel

3.5

WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, POLYEHTYLENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL COCOATE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, CAFFEINE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, RHAMNOSE, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLCELLULOSE.

on 6/8/2018 8:18:00 AM

I've been really struggling to find a good eye cream. I am 24, have a bit dry eye area, dark circles, and my skin (especially the upper lid) is a bit swollen in the morning. I do have some fine lines, particularly under my right eye, but they are still not too visible :)

So, I didn't want an eye cream which would erase my wrinkles, because they are not too prominent yet (I know prevention is important, but I am just so afraid of experiments because my skin is sensitive). I therefore decided to try to find and eye cream which provides good hydration, brightens my eye area, and helps me get rid of swollen eyelids.

I tried to go with Bioderma's gel because I think gels seem to be more effective because they penetrate the skin better. Here's a short summary of my experience:

Hydration: the gel really is hydrating. It has amazing texture and the skin soaks it up in seconds, without a greasy residue. However, I feel I need something that's even more hydrating. So this might work if your skin isn't very dry. Nevertheless, it sits well under my make up for a whole day!

Brightening: not really, or maybe just a little. I did notice that my dark circles got a bit brighter, but after using it for four months now, I would expect way better results. Therefore, if you have very dark circles, maybe this isn't the ideal option.

Swelling: the gel really helps to get rid of swollen eyelids. It has caffeine as one of its main ingredients, and that one seems to work. In general, I do like its ingredients because they are minimal and it contains no harsh chemicals. So it creates a sort of a tingling sensation, but it really does reduce puffiness.

What I also miss in this product is of course the SPF. I know how difficult is to find a good eye cream with an SPF, but I would still love to see it here.

Overall, it's an okay product, and I might even buy it again because its price is also ok, unless I find something better.

on 2/8/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a lotion, similar to First Aid Beauty's 5 in 1 eye cream. Hydration is only so-so, it is non-irritating, it doesn't help with puffiness, there is a slight lightening effect, no effect on fine lines, and after a while under eyes feel a little tight and the lines are emphasized. I layer this with my face moisturizer and it's still not hydrating enough for the thin, crepey skin under my eyes. It's slightly less effective than the FAB eye cream (40 CAD) and just as ineffective as Caudalie's Resveratrol eye lift balm (72 CAD). For the price (I got a full sized tube as part of a gift set that I purchased for 15 CAD) it's better than nothing at all. I'll keep it and use it up because at least it doesn't trigger my eczema unlike most eye treatments at any price level but I can't recommend it.

on 9/1/2017 11:51:00 AM

This cream has a pleasant application and it seems very good at first. However, after about 5 hours my skin started to feel very dry, tight and uncomfortable. This is inefficiency in a tube.

on 12/11/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the whole Bioderma Sensibio line. It's great for my dehydrated, red and sensitive skin. There's no smell to it so it doesn't irritate, it's hydrating, and light and if I wear it during the day, it doesn't make my other products crease or stick or give my panda eyes.

on 1/20/2016 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because one of my favorite beauty bloggers recommended it and I'm glad I did so without reading the reviews here because I would have skipped it if I had.
This is a basic eye moisturizer that is super gentle with the eyes. Doesn't burn, doesn't sting, doesn't irritate. Feels cooling and soothing. I feel it does help tremendously with keeping things nice, comfortable and moisturized. I did notice a slight change for the better in the appearance of my undereye area after I started using it too.
Actually I'd say this is the best eye cream I've tried so far.

Sadly not a miracle product, but I would buy again and there are very few eye creams I can say that about.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Decent, but like other reviewers prior had mentioned, no decrease in puffiness or under-eye circles whatsoever...It does however, provide great hydration.

on 10/13/2015 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i would nit recommend this cause it has no effects if anti puffiness. it even aggregated in my case

I've been using this for almost a year, and this has done nothing to reduce my dark circles or fine lines in any way. Does help a tiny bit with puffiness. It is just a very basic hydrating eye cream. Not oily at all. Suitable for use under makeup during the day. Does not irritate my super sensitive eczema prone skin, or cause milia. Tube looks small but lasts a really long time.
Will not repurchase.

This is an AWFUL product. I am a huge fan of other bioderma products such as the micellar solution and cleansing gel and milk. I thought this looked like a product that would be useful to me as I suffer from very tired eyes in the morning during school time.

I tried this out on a day where i wouldn't be going to school, i applied under my eyes before I went to bed. When I woke up I had the worst under eye circles of my life. I was actually asked if i had bruises under my eyes. It was that bad. I kind of looked like I had never slept a day in my life.

I used this before I went to bed but previously I had tried it when I woke up aswell. THe results when used in the morning were better in terms that I didn't look like a demon with black eyes but there was no change to my undereye circles.

If you have this product and hate it I do have a solution for you. It is actually good at removing eye makeup! I have tested it. It is formulated for being near your eyes so it is a sensitive formula, and the cream is good for wiping off. Obviously don't buy it with this purpose, but if you're angry you just wasted your money, it's not a dead end of the road.