Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

Filtered by skin type : Other
Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

3.4

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tiempe Passate is the weirdest fragrance masterpiece ever. It smells of old books and I love it.

on 12/20/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Just good old fashioned perfume without the confusing stuff associated with being old fashioned. Go figure. Great for going out at night, for cocktails and galas, concerts and quiet dinners.

on 9/8/2010 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a real perfume lover, I prefer independent and exclusive perfumes and tend to dislike the sickly sweet, girlish and cheap smelling ones that tend to flood high street stores. With that in mind Tiempe Passate is my absolute favourite, it is perfect and absolutely unique. I only wear it in the evenings and at bedtime, it's very seductive, classy and mysterious - like keeping a wonderful secret. Tiempe Passate is romantic, serious and 'old school', it is not a perfume that wafts in the room before you. This is the mature, seductive, thinking woman's perfume, not one for the girls. I love it as the person needs to be close, almost intimate, to smell it. It lingers under the skin and has a salty, 'grown up' musky rose base. I barely want to write this review as I feel like it's 'mine'!

I remember when Tiempe Passate was released in 1999 and thinking back then how wonderful and unusual it was. Since then, I have smelled a lot of perfumes, in particular some wonderful rose scents, and I am no longer in awe of Tiempe Passate. It starts off which a strong alcoholic top note and then evolves into a passable rose scent. It is not bad, it is not great, it is just ok. I get a touch of cedar and salt along with the rose notes but honestly, Tiempe Passate is boring. If you want a stellar salty, beachy rose scent, I would suggest Rosines Ecume de Rose.

on 4/7/2007 9:43:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. I do smell the cedar in it but it is not overpowering. Nothing about this fragrance is overpowering at all. It doesn't make you sneeze and you can't smell the alcohol at all when it is first sprayed. I think this is a really well done fragrance. While, I do think it is expensive, I only rated it a 3 for price....I mean when you realize we have things like Clive Christian and JAR, how is this expensive anymore?

And, you can go to the website and purchase samples. So, really the risk is very low.

on 8/23/2006 8:03:00 PM

Tiempe Passate smells like a unisex fragrance. It reminds me alot of Angel Schlesser which is alot less expensive.

on 5/31/2005 6:24:00 AM

I have been on an orris/iris kick lately and this is one of those fragrances that have an abundance of this ingredient ( like Hiris , Iris Nobile , Chanel#19 , FM Iris Poudre). For some reason I find iris very elegant , cool and feminine ( the powderiness of it accounts for that I guess) and is very suited to warmer weather.

Having said that , I have to add I am a little on the fence about this one. While I like , to varying degree , all the above mentioned scents , what I love most in this one are the initial stages and not the drydown so much. Not that it's bad , cuz it's not bad. It's something I can't put my finger on. Don't know why , since cedar (of which there is an abundance too) and musk/ambrette seeds are favourite smells for me and woody orientals are also a favourite category. The stage when iris is more pronounced is the best for me. I don't get any rose (thank God!)and not much saltiness. Not being a lover of roses this is a good thing for me. But something happens after that phase and I can't keep it singing to me like it did some while earlier :-(

Plus the scarcity of the brand and the exorbitant price act as deterrents to me , since it would be too much effort to hunt down to be a signature scent ( not that I haven't got enough of those). For these reasons I put 3 lippies and not more , even though I like it. But definitely try , it's very worth it!

I think this is a very unique scent. It's an odd blend of saltiness, cedar and clementine on me. I know there is meant to be Montauk Rose in it, giving it the salty air, but for some reason I get a saltiness and no rose, which is fine by me. It's a very comforting and soothing scent to me. I was lucky enough to have my DH buy it as a gift for me in NYC.

on 1/23/2005 5:33:00 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. My nose and brain interpret this as an iris fragrance, and a stunning one at that -- cool, dry, delicate, and lovely, with a smooth woody base undergirding the floral notes. Salty rose? Bergamot? Cedar? Really?? I get very little of that. Just iris, fresh as the air that blows in on that first sunny spring day when you open all the windows in the house. I do agree with the others that it doesn't last long enough so I'm knocking off a lipstick for that, but ONLY for that. I'm in love.

on 6/26/2004 11:22:00 PM

I love this fragrance. And it was only a relatively short time ago that I didn't. I heartily agree with those who say that a prominent cedar note will likely be the reason you either love or hate it, but I do think other factors come into play, for instance, how much you apply, your personal chemistry, and the weather.
For example, I applied just a little on a cool day not too long ago. For a few short hours I smelled like a cedar chest. Today, applied a bit more, and it was warmer. Plus, I was moving around at my job, and so I think as the perfume warmed up, it really brought out the lovely salty-rose and amber notes to soften the cedar. Not to say the cedar is unpleasant...not at all.
Needless to say, I am thrilled to find a new perfume I love...and receive many compliments on!...but it's a double edged sword as Tiempe Passate is very expensive. Yet this is a scent that lasted on me, smelled sensuous but not overly sexy (like warm, womanly skin) and comes in a beautiful bottle. I'm willing to splurge on this...and highly recommend it to you as well.

Popular Fragrances