Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority because I love, love, love this scent. I love everything about it, pretty much, and it's the *only* scent in my collection that never bothers me. Am always happy when I have it on, and can wear it any time of year. I just must have the right chemistry for it or something--because it's *beautiful* always--damn near signature scent caliber, I'd venture to say. And I say this as a *complete scent crackhead.* You know the ones. Per the website, the notes listed are: cedarwood, amber, bergamot, montauk rose (named for its "saltiness") and clementine (for sparkle). I definitely get the cedar and the "salty rose" and perhaps the clementine, too. It is gorgeous--beautiful on its own and layers well with other things I have--even scented body lotion. When I bought it, I spritzed it at Bergdorff's and then went on to Bendel's. The straight sales guy, "James," at Bendel's said to me, "Ahhh, Tiempe Passate--sexy as hell. Not too much--*just right.* One of my top 3 favorites. We don't have it here--you should go back to Bergdorff's and get it NOW." Ummm...okaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. Well, James was right. Do not regret it *at all.* Love the stuff and will keep on re-buying it as long as they keep making it. Fresh, clean, huggy, comforting. Love, love, LOVE. ♥

Tiempe Passate, named for an old Neopolitan love song Antonia's grandfather wrote back in the 1920's, was made to smell like "fragrance after you’ve had it on for hours – a truly lived in, skin fragrance."
To me, it smells like the nape of a beautiful woman's neck, who has lifted up her long hair:
This fragrance combines the notes of cedar wood, amber, bergamot, rose and clementine.
It smells like: A lovely musky rose, a tiny bit salty, and then a fleeting moment with the most beautiful amber-citrusy note.
I generally love huge complex chypres, but when I am looking for something light and magical, I reach for this one.
There is something of the past in it, an old Italian love song, but something modern and sparkling too.
If you want a scent that says, "Beautiful Woman"? This one is a great bet.

on 12/27/2003 1:48:00 PM

I just wanted to leave another review for my beloved Tiempe Passate, as I just opened a 6th bottle. Oh, my magic potion. So striking without being loud. A subtle song of beauty and strength. I feel beautiful when I wear it. It is as different during every season as it is perfect for each one. Perhaps it is the perfume of my soul.

on 9/8/2010 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a real perfume lover, I prefer independent and exclusive perfumes and tend to dislike the sickly sweet, girlish and cheap smelling ones that tend to flood high street stores. With that in mind Tiempe Passate is my absolute favourite, it is perfect and absolutely unique. I only wear it in the evenings and at bedtime, it's very seductive, classy and mysterious - like keeping a wonderful secret. Tiempe Passate is romantic, serious and 'old school', it is not a perfume that wafts in the room before you. This is the mature, seductive, thinking woman's perfume, not one for the girls. I love it as the person needs to be close, almost intimate, to smell it. It lingers under the skin and has a salty, 'grown up' musky rose base. I barely want to write this review as I feel like it's 'mine'!

on 12/20/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Just good old fashioned perfume without the confusing stuff associated with being old fashioned. Go figure. Great for going out at night, for cocktails and galas, concerts and quiet dinners.

I just love Tiempe Passate. I always get tons of compliments when I wear it -- from people of all ages. This, and Antonia's Flowers edt, are my favorites from Antonia's Flowers. Tiempe Passate has a sharpness to it going on that doesn't thrill me, but it calms down right away and is just fabulous! It doesn't smell too flowery or too ambery or too salty -- it's just right! It's very hard to describe, but very enjoyable to wear. It's long lasting, but still has a subtlety to it that I really like. The packaging is beautiful also -- VERY. Antonia's Flowers offers a sampler of all of their scents on their website. I recommend it highly. Classy company, classy scents. ;)

I like a fragrance that has a great divide line; either you really really love this one, or you absolutely hate it- and this one is no exception. Tiempe Passate just happens to agree with my body chemistry and I happen to absolutely love it, so I guess I am one of the few here who gives this scent a great review. I don't think that this smells salty or cedary on me at all. In fact, for the first few minutes this fragrances smells a bit peppery on me, but after 5 to 10 minutes I can really smell the amber with a hint of the rose. For some strange reason my body really responses any fragrance with amber in it.- It almost drowns out all the other elements. I find this scent classy, sophiscated (like a great men's cologne think Aqua de Parma- Aqua Fico de Amalfi comes to my mind) warm, and sexy in 1950's retro way. If I were to pair a film with it I would choose to Catch a Thief, think Grace Kelly and Cary Grant driving along the French Riviera. And I absolutely love a fragrance with a great story and the inspiration for the name Tiempe Passate- Time Passes inspired by a poem Anotonia's grandfather wrote in the 1920's- is very sweet.

on 4/26/2011 8:43:00 AM

To the previous reviewer: "Tiempe passate" _is_ Italian! It is Sicilian dialect (a love poem by Roberto Bracco).

The first time I tried this scent in a short I was totally entranced and wanted it so badly. Because it's so expensive I ordered a sample which I'm now working on - and wondering if it is the same scent! This perfume reminds me so much of something else... I can't put my finger on it! True, it's beautiful, a soft, warm scent, not at all masculine on me and I don't really get woods. But it no longer intrigues me so much. it is just so similar to some other scent I've had in the past.... Maybe it'll come back to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This one seems even more dependent on skin chemistry than most perfumes. I loved it for the first five seconds. It smelled like a delicious unisex woody-floral. I was looking forward to the rest of it. And then...it vanished, leaving behind only the faintest hint of soap. And not even expensive soap, at that. It smelled, in fact, almost exactly like a bar of Dove.

I asked my husband if he could smell anything where I'd applied it and shoved my arm in his nose. He sniffed, frowned, sniffed again, and then said: "Well...I can smell it a little. I think. It smells faintly like soap. Unless that's just the soap you used this morning?" (I only used unscented soap that morning to prepare for testing) So it's not just my nose! It must be my skin.

Definitely try this one before you buy. If it works on your skin, I can imagine it being delicious. But you might be like me, in which case a bar of Dove would be much cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Being a gemini, you can imagine how hard it is to stick to using the same perfumes......something about this one though makes me use it again and again and again. I love it.....it is so different from all the other commercial perfumes out there. Yes it is pricey but what the hell.....i am finishing my 3rd or 4th bottle now and will definitely buy again....
Also, what is different about this perfume is that the essence is collected upon the first pressing of the flowers - and not second or third as with other perfumes, this gives the light freshness to otherwise very floral bouquet...

I LOVE this perfume....and those who do NOT like it make it better for ME - the more individual experience it is for me;))))))

Popular Fragrances