SAMY Fat Hair Zero "0" Calories Amplifying Hair Spray

3.3

on 6/13/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have a chin length layered bob, I wear it straight occasionally and when I do, I want it to have volume in the back and sides, not be slick to my head. I have fine, color treated hair and this stuff beats Shaper hands down. I used Shaper in combination with Big Sexy Root Pump for years and lately it just wasn't giving me the staying volume power. I would leave the mirror in the morning and by the time I got to work, my hair would be flat. Enter Samy Fat Hair. Sprayed it like usual and kind of "fluffed" my bob and viola! All the volume I have been wishing for but going about in the wrong way. I will still use root pump but follow up with this instead of Shaper. I love finding new products to replace tired worn out things that are not working for me anymore!

on 6/9/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

When I bought this I was hoping that the product would do as advertised, but it did nothing. Instead of amplifying, it make things flat. It left my hair sticky and some of it got on my skin and felt very greasy. It smelled very strongly like cheap Halloween hair dye sprays. It was so awful I had to wash it out immediately. I can't recommend this stuff to anybody and if I could give it zero lippies I would!

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/13/2014 9:15:00 AM

This has been my favorite hairspray for years but of course they went and changed the formula and totally ruined it..so disappointed!! Why can't these companies just leave already good products alone.

on 2/22/2014 12:40:00 AM

I had my hair a shorter pixie and this really worked to help hold the choppy layers. Staying power was good. I purchased a travel size can so I can't really comment about the cost for the full sized can. My hair is a bit longer now so the hold is a little too strong.

I purchased this item on clearance for $1.18 and thought I should give it a chance. I have thick hair and have trouble finding a product to hold style . Well this certainly keeps it's hold. I am very pleased with that factor being able to fix my hair in the AM and it still look good when I get home from work. This is not a flexible hold. Didn't make my hair appear "starched" or stiff. A little bit goes a long way. I would purchase again and am glad I found a product to hold the style I work so hard to achieve

This is the worst hair product i've ever put in my hair. EVER. I do not know why I keep trying SAMY products. Every time I try one it wrecks my hair and is such garbage it almost brings me to tears. Occasionally I like to do a "big" hair look with a little bit of teasing for some volume and I thought this hairspray would be good to help with lift. This hairspray left my hair sticky, HARD, crispy and frizzy. Every time I tried it I wish I hadn't. It's so bad I wanted to rewash my hair but couldn't due to time restraints and had to end up putting my hair up in a pony/bun EVERY SINGLE TIME. So disappointing when you want to go out and have your hair down in a pretty voluminous style and end up having to just put it up because your hair feels like it's been coated in sugar and lit on fire. I would literally not recommend this to anyone, at any time, ever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this hairspray and after using many different brands, I really do think it is the best on the high street.

First of all, my hair is thick but fine as in the hairs are very thin and flat but I've got a lot of it! I hate how flat and boring my hair is regardless or what/how much product I put in it. After 30 mins, my hair is always back to flat. I was going out one night and my friend had this hairspray so I thought I'd give it a shot. The next morning, this stuff was still in my hair and still maintained shape. I was really impressed so I went out and bought this hairspray in a 2 for 6.99 deal at Superdrug and I will continue to stock up on it when it is in offer as this stuff really WORKS.

I use this every day now and rarely do I have to reapply. So pleased to finally find a product that gives body and great hold without feeling sticky or too crunchy. This hairspray, when used correctly, doesn't make your hair look full of product either. It also washes and brushes out.

Because of the strength of this hairspray, it is easy to accidentally overdo it so hold it as far away as you can, keep your eyes closed and build up the amount of product. If this product gets on your phone, surfaces, etc is feels gross and will need cleaning so it's worth being careful with it.

Some people set their make-up with hairspray and I do do that if I'm going out for a special occasion but I would NOT recommend that with this hairspray as it very thick and coating so yeah, wouldn't really want that on your face.

Overall, great product and package quality only got a 4 because the nozzle needs to be a bit bigger so you don't overspray.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is technically a "good" hairspray for those looking for a hard hold. I can imagine the folks on Toddlers and Tiaras buy this in bulk! For me, it did hold my very unruly thick hair in place but it also made it sticky, crunchy and hard. I also find it makes my hair dull/dry looking and emphasizes the frizz in my hair which I do have a lot of. I feel that this hairspray is not geared for my hair type but could work good on someone with fine oily hair. A great thought, ladies if you know any men in your life with a combover, this will be the best hairspray for that! I give this hairspray 2 lippies. 1. for packaging. The nozzle is of good quality and I like the red colored slim can. 2. for the holding abilites on this spray. If you have crazy hairstyles that need mega hold, this is good for that.

I agree with the comments about it being sticky and crunchy....BUT so far this is the only hairspray I have used in the past 20-some years that can hold my fine,oil prone hair in place. The scent is strong...kind of grapey like the Aussie products but oddly enough my husband always compliments my perfume when I wear it! The price is right- I even found some on clearance for $6 and am kicking myself for not buying more than one. The can is a bit tall and I am on the lookout for a travel size for my purse. I will continue to purchase as long as its manufactured.

the ONLY hairspray that holds my hair. I have bleached, processed hair. Yes, it is sticky. However, once I got tired of wasting so much money on $3.00 bottles to $25 bottles on the high end, this one is about 12$ and worth every penny. For those with hard to curl, stick-straight, or just won't hold any style hair, this one is for you.