MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

on 11/12/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really wanted to like this after all of the positive reviews, but after having it applied at the MAC store, my boyfriend said 'wow, you look sparkly' (not what I'm going for) and I had a suspicion that it broke me out. I tried it again at home, and didn't like the too sheer coverage (by itself), too cakey coverage on top of my tinted moisturizer, and very visible points of shimmer that you could see all over my face in bright light. This one is going back...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using this pressed powder in Dark for years after having such bad luck with drugstore powders. It matches my skin tone perfectly. When setting my foundation, it adds a nice glow to my skin, hence the 'natural' in the product name, I guess?? LOL. I agree with other reviewers that it is rather pricey, but I enjoy the quality of the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love this, but it's definitely a splurge that I've found I can really do without. I usually use it as a powder after applying my own version of tinted moisturizer (Olay moisturizer and a pump of my foundation mixed together and applied). I do love the way it makes my face looks, but by midday I have a hint of orange to my face. If I apply more it can get worse. So for now I've switched to L'Oreal powder and revisit this again in the fall/winter.

ETA: I ended up returning this. The oxidization was too much for me. I liked the way it looked when first applied but not the way I looked mid day or at the end of the day. No bueno.

on 8/17/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, I just bought this product yesterday after reviewing and reviewing and reviewing it. I did not want to spend the money and was on the fence about buying L'Oreal true match superblendable pressed powder in N8 or Maybelline veil pressed powder (which is now discontinued anyways) but splurged and spent my $30. I know i've only worn it for one day but I absolutely love it. The girl in Mac said deep dark was not for me and I initially didnt think dark was either but she applied it to my face with a flat top dual fiber brush and I instantly fell in love. I did not have any makeup on when I went in and yes it gave me a clean slate face so to speak. Today I am wearing it over my Maybelline BB cream in dark and I must say, I just found my two new bestfriends in Makeup.

on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok. Nothing worth getting excited about or anything. However I would y purchase again because I believe there is better!

UPDATE
I underestimated this powder.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but i've finally found a use for it on my nc50 skin. I use it as a nude eyeshadow to even the colour of my eyelid skin after primer And its absolutely wonderful for that purpose. Havent used it as a powder since, am using select sheer loose powder now in nc45

on 12/12/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this one. I like it because it does not leave a white ashy cast on my face. I like it because it is light and natural looking. I don't like it because it changes the color of my fondation. I don't like it because it oxidizers over a few hours. Looks like my face is turning a rust colored orange. If you are an nw in makeup you will be ok but for nc's the orange face may occurr.

on 6/13/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello! For my first make up review I had to start with my favourite product!
Now I love mac, its reasonably priced for quality products. I'm a make up artist and my professional and personal kit is mainly mac. I found this product while I was in a depression and I decided to drown myself if the comfort of make up, and boy I'm glad I did!

I have a medium dark skin tone, and while I was looking in the mirror I realised I had a brown - sugar colour to my skin and I decided I wanted to make more of a feature of it. So i dyed my jet black hair to a pink/purple tone which really warmed my skin up. Then I invested in Mineralize, I started with the foundation - the compact version as it is more moisturising. Then I thought why not follow it up with the skinfinish powder? I had used it in makeover studios and it gave clients and instant glow and even skin tone. So I went for dark - even though the shade above would have been my actual colour, but I wanted a tanned skin look.

Not only does it make my skin instantly glow, look even, tanned it gives good coverage and its buildable to your hearts content. I have to say the foundation is nothing without the powder. You can easily wear the powder alone as a base - like my sister does. Since using Skinfinish I get regular compliments, like you look glowing or have you come off holiday? It really gives you a sexy skin, and since using it - i've got 2 other people hooked on the stuff!

Now the price 23 in the UK (may be more now) but i wouldn't know because I haven't had to repurchase it yet! The price is a trade off for how long it lasts and the effect it gives you.

Its a HG for me, I'm in love with it, God bless mac cosmetics!!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am NC45 and I bought this because I felt it would give me a "glow". It looked nice initially, but as the day wore on, it oxidized. It looked like I was trying to wear orange blush all over my face. I will try to figure out another way to use this.

on 12/26/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love love love this powder and I will most definitely be repurchasing this, it never ceases to amaze me how a powder can look so natural yet look so perfect on the skin! It doesn't bring any flatness to the face but it gives dimension while keeping your face matte, Great product from MAC!

on 11/16/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I heard alot about this powder so when I seen it at my cco of coarse I had to see what all the talk was about. I really dont need a lot of coverage and I dont really care for the matte look. For those reasons I really like this powder it evens out my skintone and gives me a healthy glow without looking powdery at all. If I would have to say something negative it would be I cannot use this everyday because I always end up with a whitehead if I do.