MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.4

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this powder. i was searching all over for a hg powder and i believe i found it. i was using chanel powder but the price and color range wasn't good. i am not a big mac fan but this is a great powder Def a repurchase

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was a very good product I bought mines in medium deep. Which may be a little orange for me but the lightest shade is way too light. I love how I can just wear this with concealer under and I look good. The lasting power is ok I get a little oily but not as much as when I wear liquid foundation. I don't have much to cover up so it provides me with just enough coverage.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am NC45 and I bought this because I felt it would give me a "glow". It looked nice initially, but as the day wore on, it oxidized. It looked like I was trying to wear orange blush all over my face. I will try to figure out another way to use this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product! i use it as a finishing/touch up (on the rare occasion that i need to) powder. after i apply all my makeup i use either a buffer brush or a face powder brush and put it everywhere...its wonderful. It doesnt break me out, my nose gets a little oily during the day but i just use a napkin to dab...
PRICE: its the price of the average MAC powders, but i was able to find it on ebay 3 for $45 (and they are real, in the box, original packaging) so now i think they are SUPER cheap! i put them in a cool dark pantry and hopefully ill be able to use them all in a year or two!
APPLICATION: like i said before, amazing, smooth natural finish, ive never looked cakey, and even if i wear JUST this is give a little coverage (so i look like i have on NO makeup and perfect skin)
OVERALL: 5+....and if i ever run out ill def repurchase

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had such high hopes for this, I thought I would like it as a setting powder. It oxidized like nobody's business, and just gave me a terrible, dark with an extreme yellow undertoned hue and got worse as I layered it on. It also tingled my face, which for me is a warning sign with my sensitive skin. It was light, I'll give it that, but if it had been a nicer color that matched me and gave me no reaction, I would have probably liked it. Oh well, I moved on to bigger and better things. Thankfully MAC has a great return policy! Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

i bought this a few months ago & really like it. i got in dark to use as a bronzer. I thinking about getting it in medium dark to set my makeup. i wish it had a mirror & its kind of expensive but worth the money, it lasts forever!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff alone just lightly over my concealer stick has been put to use. It is a shade darker than I am, so I use it to get the bronzed look and it looks absolutely lovely. I first bought it in a duo and now I got it on it's own. I wonder how people use this as foundation, so I'll be looking forward to reading more reviews.

on 2/11/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have a total aversion to foundation so I usually wear concealer with a powder on top. I have this in dark and it's a pretty good match for my skin. This powder is natural matte and doesn't make me look ashy. I usually wear this when I am going out at night and for special occasions as it offers more coverage than Blot. No complaints about this powder at all. I apply with either a kabuki for more coverage or regular powder brush.EDIT: The color and coverage are great but, my skin has become more oily and I find myself not reaching for this as much and going for the blot. I still use it on nights out for a "glow". But I can't wear this one for longer than a few hours without it oxidizing.

on 1/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this...really tried but I am so positively sure that this causes skin irritation and pimples that I had to give it up. Not only that, but on my skintone, NC45, the Dark shade is way too orangy. It looks fine when first applied but then it oxidizes something terrible. I get plenty compliments when I wear this but I do feel rather uncomfortable with how much more orangy it becomes. Also not worth the breakouts it continues to cause.
One thing I've noticed is that this particular shade in comparison to all the others is very off and looks better as a bronzer or contouring shade on lighter skintones.
I wear Deep Dark from time to time as a bronzer and prefer that one since it doesn't have the annoying orangy tone to it.
Giving up on this items.