MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

4.2

on 10/30/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

What i love most about this compact is how well it matches my skin tone. I have such trouble finding make up that matches; it is always too red or too orange or too yellow. Mac always has the best spectrum of tints IMO. Although, the powder can be a bit messy and when used only as a light powder, you will have to reapply after a few hours. All in all it is a great product esp. when used with the Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream!...makes me look FLAWLESS :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love this, but it's definitely a splurge that I've found I can really do without. I usually use it as a powder after applying my own version of tinted moisturizer (Olay moisturizer and a pump of my foundation mixed together and applied). I do love the way it makes my face looks, but by midday I have a hint of orange to my face. If I apply more it can get worse. So for now I've switched to L'Oreal powder and revisit this again in the fall/winter.

ETA: I ended up returning this. The oxidization was too much for me. I liked the way it looked when first applied but not the way I looked mid day or at the end of the day. No bueno.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

use this as a bronzer.
love the finish, not glittery, nor matte, just natural, just as skin looks. its hard to find products that actually looks like skin.

on 6/13/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello! For my first make up review I had to start with my favourite product!
Now I love mac, its reasonably priced for quality products. I'm a make up artist and my professional and personal kit is mainly mac. I found this product while I was in a depression and I decided to drown myself if the comfort of make up, and boy I'm glad I did!

I have a medium dark skin tone, and while I was looking in the mirror I realised I had a brown - sugar colour to my skin and I decided I wanted to make more of a feature of it. So i dyed my jet black hair to a pink/purple tone which really warmed my skin up. Then I invested in Mineralize, I started with the foundation - the compact version as it is more moisturising. Then I thought why not follow it up with the skinfinish powder? I had used it in makeover studios and it gave clients and instant glow and even skin tone. So I went for dark - even though the shade above would have been my actual colour, but I wanted a tanned skin look.

Not only does it make my skin instantly glow, look even, tanned it gives good coverage and its buildable to your hearts content. I have to say the foundation is nothing without the powder. You can easily wear the powder alone as a base - like my sister does. Since using Skinfinish I get regular compliments, like you look glowing or have you come off holiday? It really gives you a sexy skin, and since using it - i've got 2 other people hooked on the stuff!

Now the price 23 in the UK (may be more now) but i wouldn't know because I haven't had to repurchase it yet! The price is a trade off for how long it lasts and the effect it gives you.

Its a HG for me, I'm in love with it, God bless mac cosmetics!!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

On NC45 skin, this is way to orange/dark. I don't see how this could match anyone being that it has such an ORANGE undertone. I wore this yesterday over my liquid foundation (6AM-8AM) and my makeup was worn off, and basically GONE. I never had this problem using my previous powder! I'll try and get a better color match to see how it turns out. As of now, I'm not impressed.

on 3/20/2009 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I can't make my mind about this one. Sometimes it works out fine, some other times it tends to orange a bit. When I use it every day I start having small red bumps. Even so I would buy it again if nothing better turns up! It doesn't have fragrance and parabens and it usually gives a decent colour. As it's very hard for me to find bronzers without parabens, perfume etc where I currently live it's a better option than most. I also use it as eyeshadow with a bit of mascara. It doesn't change colour throughout the day which is a definite plus. For reference I have light/medium olive skin tone.