MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.0

on 2/10/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this on several people but not on myself. Per MAC rep's suggestion, I used this as a bronzer or to get some color on my cheeks and the color was just weird. This looked totally peachy (mostly orangy) on my NC30 shade. I am not sure who could match this shade but this is an odd shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If you'd asked me a week after buying this, I'd have said I loved it. I used it as a bronzer / contour, and even though it gives quite light coverages, it had a very pretty shimmer. HOWEVER after about three weeks I realised I had broken out horrendously, in the exact area where I put it (in perfectly symmetrical C-shapes from my temple to the apples of my cheeks).

Skinfinish obviously has a comedogenic ingredient - I'm guessing something similar to cornstarch that I reacted to very badly. I know other people use it without any problems, so I'm writing this as a warning, just in case anyone else has a similar skin type to mine.

My horrendous time with Skinfinish doesn't diminish my love for any other MAC products though, I'll just chalk this one up to experience. (Although I'm still bitter about the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that's still there months later). Ah well, c'est la vie. x

on 9/17/2009 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I found this at a CCO while on vacation this summer, and I've used it with a kabuki over tinted moisturizer and concealer. I don't think I could use this color as a powder foundation alone, as it would be too orange. As it is, now with my summer tan fading, I may have to retire it in a few more weeks. But I've had no trouble with it breaking me out, gives my skin a good finished look, and though I've had some luck with other mineral foundations, nothing beats the convenience of a powder compact over all those loose powders in jars. I just hope another color will match me well enough to carry me through the later fall and winter months.
UPDATE: If I use a lighter hand, this isn't too much over my winter color at all. I've used it nearly every day (only skipping on days when I haven't worn makeup at all) since last June, and I've just barely flattened out the dome shape of the powder. Will definitely repurchase when I ever run out.