MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.9

on 7/23/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really loved this colour for my NC35 skintone. I really loved the texture, how it was matte but not dry, and really brightened up my skin. No problems with oxidizing throughout the day on me either. I unfortunately had to give it a neutral rating because it really, badly broke me out! BADLY! And I rarely break out due to products. This had to go back to the store. Really really wanted it to work for my skin. Glad it works for others.

on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok. Nothing worth getting excited about or anything. However I would y purchase again because I believe there is better!

UPDATE
I underestimated this powder.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but i've finally found a use for it on my nc50 skin. I use it as a nude eyeshadow to even the colour of my eyelid skin after primer And its absolutely wonderful for that purpose. Havent used it as a powder since, am using select sheer loose powder now in nc45

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Right now, I'm about nc30-35. I use this to bronze more than to contour. With a light hand, I apply this around the perimeters of my face, over my nose and a little on my cheek. Fave brush to use is the ecotools bronzes brush.

I find that when I use this product to contour, It comes out really orangey and doesn't look natural at all.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product! i use it as a finishing/touch up (on the rare occasion that i need to) powder. after i apply all my makeup i use either a buffer brush or a face powder brush and put it everywhere...its wonderful. It doesnt break me out, my nose gets a little oily during the day but i just use a napkin to dab...
PRICE: its the price of the average MAC powders, but i was able to find it on ebay 3 for $45 (and they are real, in the box, original packaging) so now i think they are SUPER cheap! i put them in a cool dark pantry and hopefully ill be able to use them all in a year or two!
APPLICATION: like i said before, amazing, smooth natural finish, ive never looked cakey, and even if i wear JUST this is give a little coverage (so i look like i have on NO makeup and perfect skin)
OVERALL: 5+....and if i ever run out ill def repurchase

on 10/6/2009 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Hmmm. I like this powder, I do, but it doesn't always work the way I want it to. For that reason, I would only give it 3 lippies but I love the warm color! ... so it gets 4. I finally realized this is not a stand alone product, for me at least, and use accordingly.

I tried this in the MAC store and she gave me the version that is darker than this - Deep Dark I think it's called. MAC makeup people really get on my nerves sometimes. They always want to stick me in a darker color range by matching foundation to a few darker tones in my skin. They don't do that for fair skinned ladies! Maybe they do, idk. But, after my skin adjusts to it and it oxidizes, I look a shadowy mess because the color is too dark/red/and/or sallow. You match the foundation to the *lighter* tones of your skin - the overall tone, not the dark shadows here and there. UGH!! Rant over....

Anyway, I exchanged it the next day for the "Dark." I find that I need some sort of primer with this for it to perform at its best. Today I used Chanel Matt Lumiere. It looks fantastic dusted over with a Kabuki brush. Or if I moisturize and use a powder foundation, and THEN use this it looks really nice. When used alone, it either looks like nothing - like I just brushed air on my face, or it looks very heavy because in an effort to 'build' the light/medium coverage, I end up piling on too much.

So, I'd say this is a great "in addition to..." powder. I use it when I feel like my skin looks dull to brighten me up with a warm glow... it's my HG Bronzer for sure!!

Like I mentioned, I LOVE the color, and even though I am a dark hued sista, my undertones are very yellow. This powder is very orange/yellow and brings a healthy natural glow to my skin that really no other powder does! My other powders do match well, but they tone down some of my yellow glow and can look ashy if I'm not careful to blend and mix, if that makes sense.

Overall very silkly and nice when applied right and with the right tools. I'm on the fence about buying again only because I'm transitioning to mineral makeup.

on 5/26/2009 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this powder. I love MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel & Lancome makeup (I loved Loreal True Match - BUT the ingredients are horrible and it gets rancid. Ick!). I have had luck with these brands because they have a broader range of dark pigments with yellow undertones. It used to be soooo hard for me to find colors that matched my skin tone. I think I went through age 19 - 26 with the wrong color makeup on! lol. I read some reviews about this shade being orangy, and I could totally see that on a deep brown skin chica with red undertones. For me though, it's perfect! I also use the Deep Dark version on my cheeks and to highlight sometimes. A little goes a long way (make sure to tap the excess off the brush before you apply) and you do need a really good brush to apply this evenly.

on 1/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this...really tried but I am so positively sure that this causes skin irritation and pimples that I had to give it up. Not only that, but on my skintone, NC45, the Dark shade is way too orangy. It looks fine when first applied but then it oxidizes something terrible. I get plenty compliments when I wear this but I do feel rather uncomfortable with how much more orangy it becomes. Also not worth the breakouts it continues to cause.
One thing I've noticed is that this particular shade in comparison to all the others is very off and looks better as a bronzer or contouring shade on lighter skintones.
I wear Deep Dark from time to time as a bronzer and prefer that one since it doesn't have the annoying orangy tone to it.
Giving up on this items.