MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

on 12/28/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very light powder that doesn't cake at all. The shade dark matches my skin tone perfectly but Im not even sure what use this powder has.Lol. I tried putting it on top of my foundation but that didn't work because its not heavy enough for me to be a setting powder. I tried wearing it alone without foundation for a more natural look and that didn't work either because it has no coverage at all. It also has hints of shimmer in it which I do not really like. The best use I can get out of this powder is by using it as a very light highlight for my cheekbones and nose. Besides that, I haven't found any other use for it. The price is also too high for a product that I cant use in multiple ways!!!!!

on 8/30/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this powder while on holiday in Paris. When I went into MAC, my face looked like an oil-slick, and I was just looking for a quick fix to tone the oiliness down a little. MAC was somewhat of a God-send. I decided to try MAC Mineralize and was surprised at how effective this powder. It not only toned down the oiliness, but it looked so natural (very unlike Studio Fix, which I still like but can make me look "made-up"). I applied 187 duo fibre brush and was able to build up the powder nicely (I bought the brush as well ;-) ). The result was an even and fresh look. I have to add that it doesn't do much for coverage (if you have dark spots, etc.), so I wouldn't use it in the stead of foundation, for example. However, it does make you look fresh, even and natural. I would definitely repurchase if I ever finish the powder in this life time (I have never finished make up - not even a lip gloss...).
5 lippies!!

on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is one of the few makeup products that I have bought multiple times and have "hit pan" with. I usually only want light coverage on a day-to-day basis. I have acne prone skin, so foundation everyday is a major no-no for me. This gives my skin a smooth finish that let's my skin shine through. It is a bit expensive - close to thirty bucks a pop, but it lasts a while. I use my MAC kabuki brush (182, I believe) to buff this into my skin and it last me a few hours, depending on the weather. I also own MAC's blotting powder in Dark to help it out in the summer months. I tried finding a cheaper alternative with Revlon, but that was a waste of money. Oh, and for people who use foundation, I think this would be a great finishing powder.

on 10/30/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this as a contour/ bronzer powder since Dark is 2 shades darker than my actual skin tone. I don't think I will repurchase this for that purpose again. It is better suited as a finishing powder. It seems to oxidize a bit and I'm too yellow to use a warm toned contour powder. I will use it as a bronzer though until I get through this pan. I can't wait to try MAC's Matte Bronze. At least an actual bronzer has a mirror.