MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had such high hopes for this, I thought I would like it as a setting powder. It oxidized like nobody's business, and just gave me a terrible, dark with an extreme yellow undertoned hue and got worse as I layered it on. It also tingled my face, which for me is a warning sign with my sensitive skin. It was light, I'll give it that, but if it had been a nicer color that matched me and gave me no reaction, I would have probably liked it. Oh well, I moved on to bigger and better things. Thankfully MAC has a great return policy! Would not repurchase.

on 4/16/2012 8:15:00 PM

this product is amazing during application, it gives a nice glow and tanned look, and i loved it
but after a while it oxidizes so badly!
i wear this to uni sometimes and by the end of the day my face is orange
so instead ill use it as a contour (as i wont look like an oompa loompa) until i run out
i would not repurchase
packaging is nice but does not have a mirror

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am NC45 and I bought this because I felt it would give me a "glow". It looked nice initially, but as the day wore on, it oxidized. It looked like I was trying to wear orange blush all over my face. I will try to figure out another way to use this.

on 2/10/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this on several people but not on myself. Per MAC rep's suggestion, I used this as a bronzer or to get some color on my cheeks and the color was just weird. This looked totally peachy (mostly orangy) on my NC30 shade. I am not sure who could match this shade but this is an odd shade.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I wanted something that was going to give my skin that natural, warm, honey bronzed glow. And this did that! .....For the first hour or so. Until it oxidized and got darker and darker and darker and darker as the day went on. And I thought. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm not using enough primer. I went heavier on the primer the next day. Still looking horrible after an hour or so passed. Not to mention it gave me little breakouts on parts of my forehead. It does look really pretty and is packaged very nicely. But. It IS overpriced in my opinion, seeing as how it didn't do for me what I wanted it to. If you have oily skin or maybe even normal, I'd suggest staying away from this. It'll break you out, get darker throughout the day, and well.... It's just not a good look. In my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If you'd asked me a week after buying this, I'd have said I loved it. I used it as a bronzer / contour, and even though it gives quite light coverages, it had a very pretty shimmer. HOWEVER after about three weeks I realised I had broken out horrendously, in the exact area where I put it (in perfectly symmetrical C-shapes from my temple to the apples of my cheeks).

Skinfinish obviously has a comedogenic ingredient - I'm guessing something similar to cornstarch that I reacted to very badly. I know other people use it without any problems, so I'm writing this as a warning, just in case anyone else has a similar skin type to mine.

My horrendous time with Skinfinish doesn't diminish my love for any other MAC products though, I'll just chalk this one up to experience. (Although I'm still bitter about the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that's still there months later). Ah well, c'est la vie. x

on 1/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this...really tried but I am so positively sure that this causes skin irritation and pimples that I had to give it up. Not only that, but on my skintone, NC45, the Dark shade is way too orangy. It looks fine when first applied but then it oxidizes something terrible. I get plenty compliments when I wear this but I do feel rather uncomfortable with how much more orangy it becomes. Also not worth the breakouts it continues to cause.
One thing I've noticed is that this particular shade in comparison to all the others is very off and looks better as a bronzer or contouring shade on lighter skintones.
I wear Deep Dark from time to time as a bronzer and prefer that one since it doesn't have the annoying orangy tone to it.
Giving up on this items.

on 12/28/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very light powder that doesn't cake at all. The shade dark matches my skin tone perfectly but Im not even sure what use this powder has.Lol. I tried putting it on top of my foundation but that didn't work because its not heavy enough for me to be a setting powder. I tried wearing it alone without foundation for a more natural look and that didn't work either because it has no coverage at all. It also has hints of shimmer in it which I do not really like. The best use I can get out of this powder is by using it as a very light highlight for my cheekbones and nose. Besides that, I haven't found any other use for it. The price is also too high for a product that I cant use in multiple ways!!!!!

on 11/12/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really wanted to like this after all of the positive reviews, but after having it applied at the MAC store, my boyfriend said 'wow, you look sparkly' (not what I'm going for) and I had a suspicion that it broke me out. I tried it again at home, and didn't like the too sheer coverage (by itself), too cakey coverage on top of my tinted moisturizer, and very visible points of shimmer that you could see all over my face in bright light. This one is going back...

on 7/23/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really loved this colour for my NC35 skintone. I really loved the texture, how it was matte but not dry, and really brightened up my skin. No problems with oxidizing throughout the day on me either. I unfortunately had to give it a neutral rating because it really, badly broke me out! BADLY! And I rarely break out due to products. This had to go back to the store. Really really wanted it to work for my skin. Glad it works for others.