MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.9

on 12/12/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this one. I like it because it does not leave a white ashy cast on my face. I like it because it is light and natural looking. I don't like it because it changes the color of my fondation. I don't like it because it oxidizers over a few hours. Looks like my face is turning a rust colored orange. If you are an nw in makeup you will be ok but for nc's the orange face may occurr.

on 10/30/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this as a contour/ bronzer powder since Dark is 2 shades darker than my actual skin tone. I don't think I will repurchase this for that purpose again. It is better suited as a finishing powder. It seems to oxidize a bit and I'm too yellow to use a warm toned contour powder. I will use it as a bronzer though until I get through this pan. I can't wait to try MAC's Matte Bronze. At least an actual bronzer has a mirror.

on 10/25/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is really nice i really like it its not that strong to use alone unless u have very few blemishes. but it does give a natural finish. my skin is not bad and i dont like to look made up but do like a glow to my skin so i like this powder. it is also good to wear over other foundations because it does give a natural glow to your skin. i recommend this to ppl looking for a natural glow to ur skin it can be worn alone or with other things if u want to wear it alone use concealer on scars cause it wont cover scars. they are not playing when they say "natural skinfinish" i gave it a 5 because the finish is just so natural and glowing try it.

on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok. Nothing worth getting excited about or anything. However I would y purchase again because I believe there is better!

UPDATE
I underestimated this powder.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but i've finally found a use for it on my nc50 skin. I use it as a nude eyeshadow to even the colour of my eyelid skin after primer And its absolutely wonderful for that purpose. Havent used it as a powder since, am using select sheer loose powder now in nc45

on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is one of the few makeup products that I have bought multiple times and have "hit pan" with. I usually only want light coverage on a day-to-day basis. I have acne prone skin, so foundation everyday is a major no-no for me. This gives my skin a smooth finish that let's my skin shine through. It is a bit expensive - close to thirty bucks a pop, but it lasts a while. I use my MAC kabuki brush (182, I believe) to buff this into my skin and it last me a few hours, depending on the weather. I also own MAC's blotting powder in Dark to help it out in the summer months. I tried finding a cheaper alternative with Revlon, but that was a waste of money. Oh, and for people who use foundation, I think this would be a great finishing powder.

on 10/26/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i love this, it gives a very natural look, ie it doesnt take away your natural glow. i used to use the select sheer, but since i found this ive never looked back! love it!!!!

im an n45 i use the dark as a powder and use the deep dark for contouring.

so ive discovered that the 109 brush from MAC applies this AMAZINGLY, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. you get a fantastic finish unlike any other brush.

on 10/6/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Hmmm. I like this powder, I do, but it doesn't always work the way I want it to. For that reason, I would only give it 3 lippies but I love the warm color! ... so it gets 4. I finally realized this is not a stand alone product, for me at least, and use accordingly.

I tried this in the MAC store and she gave me the version that is darker than this - Deep Dark I think it's called. MAC makeup people really get on my nerves sometimes. They always want to stick me in a darker color range by matching foundation to a few darker tones in my skin. They don't do that for fair skinned ladies! Maybe they do, idk. But, after my skin adjusts to it and it oxidizes, I look a shadowy mess because the color is too dark/red/and/or sallow. You match the foundation to the *lighter* tones of your skin - the overall tone, not the dark shadows here and there. UGH!! Rant over....

Anyway, I exchanged it the next day for the "Dark." I find that I need some sort of primer with this for it to perform at its best. Today I used Chanel Matt Lumiere. It looks fantastic dusted over with a Kabuki brush. Or if I moisturize and use a powder foundation, and THEN use this it looks really nice. When used alone, it either looks like nothing - like I just brushed air on my face, or it looks very heavy because in an effort to 'build' the light/medium coverage, I end up piling on too much.

So, I'd say this is a great "in addition to..." powder. I use it when I feel like my skin looks dull to brighten me up with a warm glow... it's my HG Bronzer for sure!!

Like I mentioned, I LOVE the color, and even though I am a dark hued sista, my undertones are very yellow. This powder is very orange/yellow and brings a healthy natural glow to my skin that really no other powder does! My other powders do match well, but they tone down some of my yellow glow and can look ashy if I'm not careful to blend and mix, if that makes sense.

Overall very silkly and nice when applied right and with the right tools. I'm on the fence about buying again only because I'm transitioning to mineral makeup.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Worn alone it gives me a finished look without being overdone. I use this for days that I want to look natural, not to made up. It goes well over studio fix, by the way I'm NC45/C7. But I have to be careful not to apply too much or it can look a little orange.
Overall I like it and plan to buy the MSF in the duo with dark/natural. It lasts a long time. I have had this same compact for over a year and I'm not even close to hitting pan.

on 6/9/2014 12:52:00 AM

Lovely consistency. Feels creamy as a finely-milled powder. I am NC25 in summertime, and I use "Dark" as an everyday contour color, or to warm up my skin to add dimension and a bit of shadow to my face after foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Right now, I'm about nc30-35. I use this to bronze more than to contour. With a light hand, I apply this around the perimeters of my face, over my nose and a little on my cheek. Fave brush to use is the ecotools bronzes brush.

I find that when I use this product to contour, It comes out really orangey and doesn't look natural at all.