MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.3

on 9/17/2009 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I found this at a CCO while on vacation this summer, and I've used it with a kabuki over tinted moisturizer and concealer. I don't think I could use this color as a powder foundation alone, as it would be too orange. As it is, now with my summer tan fading, I may have to retire it in a few more weeks. But I've had no trouble with it breaking me out, gives my skin a good finished look, and though I've had some luck with other mineral foundations, nothing beats the convenience of a powder compact over all those loose powders in jars. I just hope another color will match me well enough to carry me through the later fall and winter months.
UPDATE: If I use a lighter hand, this isn't too much over my winter color at all. I've used it nearly every day (only skipping on days when I haven't worn makeup at all) since last June, and I've just barely flattened out the dome shape of the powder. Will definitely repurchase when I ever run out.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I wanted something that was going to give my skin that natural, warm, honey bronzed glow. And this did that! .....For the first hour or so. Until it oxidized and got darker and darker and darker and darker as the day went on. And I thought. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm not using enough primer. I went heavier on the primer the next day. Still looking horrible after an hour or so passed. Not to mention it gave me little breakouts on parts of my forehead. It does look really pretty and is packaged very nicely. But. It IS overpriced in my opinion, seeing as how it didn't do for me what I wanted it to. If you have oily skin or maybe even normal, I'd suggest staying away from this. It'll break you out, get darker throughout the day, and well.... It's just not a good look. In my opinion.

on 11/16/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I heard alot about this powder so when I seen it at my cco of coarse I had to see what all the talk was about. I really dont need a lot of coverage and I dont really care for the matte look. For those reasons I really like this powder it evens out my skintone and gives me a healthy glow without looking powdery at all. If I would have to say something negative it would be I cannot use this everyday because I always end up with a whitehead if I do.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am NC45 and I bought this because I felt it would give me a "glow". It looked nice initially, but as the day wore on, it oxidized. It looked like I was trying to wear orange blush all over my face. I will try to figure out another way to use this.