MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.9

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Worn alone it gives me a finished look without being overdone. I use this for days that I want to look natural, not to made up. It goes well over studio fix, by the way I'm NC45/C7. But I have to be careful not to apply too much or it can look a little orange.
Overall I like it and plan to buy the MSF in the duo with dark/natural. It lasts a long time. I have had this same compact for over a year and I'm not even close to hitting pan.

on 1/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this...really tried but I am so positively sure that this causes skin irritation and pimples that I had to give it up. Not only that, but on my skintone, NC45, the Dark shade is way too orangy. It looks fine when first applied but then it oxidizes something terrible. I get plenty compliments when I wear this but I do feel rather uncomfortable with how much more orangy it becomes. Also not worth the breakouts it continues to cause.
One thing I've noticed is that this particular shade in comparison to all the others is very off and looks better as a bronzer or contouring shade on lighter skintones.
I wear Deep Dark from time to time as a bronzer and prefer that one since it doesn't have the annoying orangy tone to it.
Giving up on this items.

on 2/11/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have a total aversion to foundation so I usually wear concealer with a powder on top. I have this in dark and it's a pretty good match for my skin. This powder is natural matte and doesn't make me look ashy. I usually wear this when I am going out at night and for special occasions as it offers more coverage than Blot. No complaints about this powder at all. I apply with either a kabuki for more coverage or regular powder brush.EDIT: The color and coverage are great but, my skin has become more oily and I find myself not reaching for this as much and going for the blot. I still use it on nights out for a "glow". But I can't wear this one for longer than a few hours without it oxidizing.

on 3/20/2009 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I can't make my mind about this one. Sometimes it works out fine, some other times it tends to orange a bit. When I use it every day I start having small red bumps. Even so I would buy it again if nothing better turns up! It doesn't have fragrance and parabens and it usually gives a decent colour. As it's very hard for me to find bronzers without parabens, perfume etc where I currently live it's a better option than most. I also use it as eyeshadow with a bit of mascara. It doesn't change colour throughout the day which is a definite plus. For reference I have light/medium olive skin tone.

on 5/26/2009 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this powder. I love MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel & Lancome makeup (I loved Loreal True Match - BUT the ingredients are horrible and it gets rancid. Ick!). I have had luck with these brands because they have a broader range of dark pigments with yellow undertones. It used to be soooo hard for me to find colors that matched my skin tone. I think I went through age 19 - 26 with the wrong color makeup on! lol. I read some reviews about this shade being orangy, and I could totally see that on a deep brown skin chica with red undertones. For me though, it's perfect! I also use the Deep Dark version on my cheeks and to highlight sometimes. A little goes a long way (make sure to tap the excess off the brush before you apply) and you do need a really good brush to apply this evenly.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Another great MUA swap. I always found that when I use my studio fix powder to set my foundation that it was too heavy or even when I used it by itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff, I just don't need so much coverage. I love the way my MSF Natural feels like nothing on my skin. I wear it over foundation or even by itself. This has replace my studio fix powder in my makeup bag for daily use. Wish I didn't have to carry about a brush with it though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff alone just lightly over my concealer stick has been put to use. It is a shade darker than I am, so I use it to get the bronzed look and it looks absolutely lovely. I first bought it in a duo and now I got it on it's own. I wonder how people use this as foundation, so I'll be looking forward to reading more reviews.

on 6/16/2009 9:40:00 AM

i love this product sooo much. its a sheer coverage so if ur looking to hide every imperfection on ur face it wouldnt do the job. it also has a glowing effect with goldish undertones to give ur skin a subtle sunkissed look. its amazing worn over studio fix concealers for a natural looking complection. i have noticed however, that it has a slight reddish tint to it and i have yellow undertones but it seems to balance out somehow. i would reccommend this product to anyone with med-dark warmer skin tones.

on 6/27/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product because of it's versatility. I use it in the summer alone as a foundation, or to set my mineral foundation, or to set my liquid foundation in the winter. I also use it to contour other parts of my body (like chest or legs or something). It is soooo great! I am an NC45 and have a reddish undertone and I love how the MSF Natural compliments my skin tone as well as so many other complexions. I would use the MSF Natural in deep dark as a contour. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive but I was able to buy it at a CCO for cheaper and online at the MAC friends and family sale...so I have stocked up. Also, a dupe to this is the Revlon Mineral skin finishing powder (I think that is what it is called) in Suntan Matte (has a bit more shimmer).

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If you'd asked me a week after buying this, I'd have said I loved it. I used it as a bronzer / contour, and even though it gives quite light coverages, it had a very pretty shimmer. HOWEVER after about three weeks I realised I had broken out horrendously, in the exact area where I put it (in perfectly symmetrical C-shapes from my temple to the apples of my cheeks).

Skinfinish obviously has a comedogenic ingredient - I'm guessing something similar to cornstarch that I reacted to very badly. I know other people use it without any problems, so I'm writing this as a warning, just in case anyone else has a similar skin type to mine.

My horrendous time with Skinfinish doesn't diminish my love for any other MAC products though, I'll just chalk this one up to experience. (Although I'm still bitter about the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that's still there months later). Ah well, c'est la vie. x