MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

4.3

on 6/9/2014 12:52:00 AM

Lovely consistency. Feels creamy as a finely-milled powder. I am NC25 in summertime, and I use "Dark" as an everyday contour color, or to warm up my skin to add dimension and a bit of shadow to my face after foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love this, but it's definitely a splurge that I've found I can really do without. I usually use it as a powder after applying my own version of tinted moisturizer (Olay moisturizer and a pump of my foundation mixed together and applied). I do love the way it makes my face looks, but by midday I have a hint of orange to my face. If I apply more it can get worse. So for now I've switched to L'Oreal powder and revisit this again in the fall/winter.

ETA: I ended up returning this. The oxidization was too much for me. I liked the way it looked when first applied but not the way I looked mid day or at the end of the day. No bueno.

on 8/17/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, I just bought this product yesterday after reviewing and reviewing and reviewing it. I did not want to spend the money and was on the fence about buying L'Oreal true match superblendable pressed powder in N8 or Maybelline veil pressed powder (which is now discontinued anyways) but splurged and spent my $30. I know i've only worn it for one day but I absolutely love it. The girl in Mac said deep dark was not for me and I initially didnt think dark was either but she applied it to my face with a flat top dual fiber brush and I instantly fell in love. I did not have any makeup on when I went in and yes it gave me a clean slate face so to speak. Today I am wearing it over my Maybelline BB cream in dark and I must say, I just found my two new bestfriends in Makeup.

on 8/30/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this powder while on holiday in Paris. When I went into MAC, my face looked like an oil-slick, and I was just looking for a quick fix to tone the oiliness down a little. MAC was somewhat of a God-send. I decided to try MAC Mineralize and was surprised at how effective this powder. It not only toned down the oiliness, but it looked so natural (very unlike Studio Fix, which I still like but can make me look "made-up"). I applied 187 duo fibre brush and was able to build up the powder nicely (I bought the brush as well ;-) ). The result was an even and fresh look. I have to add that it doesn't do much for coverage (if you have dark spots, etc.), so I wouldn't use it in the stead of foundation, for example. However, it does make you look fresh, even and natural. I would definitely repurchase if I ever finish the powder in this life time (I have never finished make up - not even a lip gloss...).
5 lippies!!

on 3/31/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

After trying to find a mineral foundation that matches my skin, I've finally found a perfect match. I've tried Bare Minerals and Pur Minerals and both are too pinkish for my NC45 skintone. While I truly love Mineralize Skinfinish, the only problem I have is that I can't use it everyday or I'll breakout. This is a common problem for me with all MAC foundations. I'm currently trying to change my skincare regimen to counteract the breakouts. If I stop wearing the powder for 2 days, the breakouts clear up. Again I LOVE this product, I just can't use it everyday.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I use this product as a finishing powder over my Studio Fix Fluid foundation. I really like the glow it gives my skin and it looks really pretty when I'm finished applying my m/u. But, this product makes me oily. I have dry skin, very dry skin and when I use my Studio fix powder to set my m/u I can go all day without a touch up. I also cannot wear this by itself. Again it looks very pretty, but when I wear it alone I get an oily, greasy looking face in less than 2 hours. I've tried primers and they didn't help. I really want to like this product and I'm about to hit pan. I will not repurchasem but will continue to use until its all gone.

on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is one of the few makeup products that I have bought multiple times and have "hit pan" with. I usually only want light coverage on a day-to-day basis. I have acne prone skin, so foundation everyday is a major no-no for me. This gives my skin a smooth finish that let's my skin shine through. It is a bit expensive - close to thirty bucks a pop, but it lasts a while. I use my MAC kabuki brush (182, I believe) to buff this into my skin and it last me a few hours, depending on the weather. I also own MAC's blotting powder in Dark to help it out in the summer months. I tried finding a cheaper alternative with Revlon, but that was a waste of money. Oh, and for people who use foundation, I think this would be a great finishing powder.

on 10/6/2009 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Hmmm. I like this powder, I do, but it doesn't always work the way I want it to. For that reason, I would only give it 3 lippies but I love the warm color! ... so it gets 4. I finally realized this is not a stand alone product, for me at least, and use accordingly.

I tried this in the MAC store and she gave me the version that is darker than this - Deep Dark I think it's called. MAC makeup people really get on my nerves sometimes. They always want to stick me in a darker color range by matching foundation to a few darker tones in my skin. They don't do that for fair skinned ladies! Maybe they do, idk. But, after my skin adjusts to it and it oxidizes, I look a shadowy mess because the color is too dark/red/and/or sallow. You match the foundation to the *lighter* tones of your skin - the overall tone, not the dark shadows here and there. UGH!! Rant over....

Anyway, I exchanged it the next day for the "Dark." I find that I need some sort of primer with this for it to perform at its best. Today I used Chanel Matt Lumiere. It looks fantastic dusted over with a Kabuki brush. Or if I moisturize and use a powder foundation, and THEN use this it looks really nice. When used alone, it either looks like nothing - like I just brushed air on my face, or it looks very heavy because in an effort to 'build' the light/medium coverage, I end up piling on too much.

So, I'd say this is a great "in addition to..." powder. I use it when I feel like my skin looks dull to brighten me up with a warm glow... it's my HG Bronzer for sure!!

Like I mentioned, I LOVE the color, and even though I am a dark hued sista, my undertones are very yellow. This powder is very orange/yellow and brings a healthy natural glow to my skin that really no other powder does! My other powders do match well, but they tone down some of my yellow glow and can look ashy if I'm not careful to blend and mix, if that makes sense.

Overall very silkly and nice when applied right and with the right tools. I'm on the fence about buying again only because I'm transitioning to mineral makeup.

on 5/26/2009 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this powder. I love MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel & Lancome makeup (I loved Loreal True Match - BUT the ingredients are horrible and it gets rancid. Ick!). I have had luck with these brands because they have a broader range of dark pigments with yellow undertones. It used to be soooo hard for me to find colors that matched my skin tone. I think I went through age 19 - 26 with the wrong color makeup on! lol. I read some reviews about this shade being orangy, and I could totally see that on a deep brown skin chica with red undertones. For me though, it's perfect! I also use the Deep Dark version on my cheeks and to highlight sometimes. A little goes a long way (make sure to tap the excess off the brush before you apply) and you do need a really good brush to apply this evenly.

on 1/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this...really tried but I am so positively sure that this causes skin irritation and pimples that I had to give it up. Not only that, but on my skintone, NC45, the Dark shade is way too orangy. It looks fine when first applied but then it oxidizes something terrible. I get plenty compliments when I wear this but I do feel rather uncomfortable with how much more orangy it becomes. Also not worth the breakouts it continues to cause.
One thing I've noticed is that this particular shade in comparison to all the others is very off and looks better as a bronzer or contouring shade on lighter skintones.
I wear Deep Dark from time to time as a bronzer and prefer that one since it doesn't have the annoying orangy tone to it.
Giving up on this items.