MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

4.2

on 12/28/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very light powder that doesn't cake at all. The shade dark matches my skin tone perfectly but Im not even sure what use this powder has.Lol. I tried putting it on top of my foundation but that didn't work because its not heavy enough for me to be a setting powder. I tried wearing it alone without foundation for a more natural look and that didn't work either because it has no coverage at all. It also has hints of shimmer in it which I do not really like. The best use I can get out of this powder is by using it as a very light highlight for my cheekbones and nose. Besides that, I haven't found any other use for it. The price is also too high for a product that I cant use in multiple ways!!!!!

on 10/30/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

What i love most about this compact is how well it matches my skin tone. I have such trouble finding make up that matches; it is always too red or too orange or too yellow. Mac always has the best spectrum of tints IMO. Although, the powder can be a bit messy and when used only as a light powder, you will have to reapply after a few hours. All in all it is a great product esp. when used with the Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream!...makes me look FLAWLESS :)

on 7/23/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really loved this colour for my NC35 skintone. I really loved the texture, how it was matte but not dry, and really brightened up my skin. No problems with oxidizing throughout the day on me either. I unfortunately had to give it a neutral rating because it really, badly broke me out! BADLY! And I rarely break out due to products. This had to go back to the store. Really really wanted it to work for my skin. Glad it works for others.

on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok. Nothing worth getting excited about or anything. However I would y purchase again because I believe there is better!

UPDATE
I underestimated this powder.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but i've finally found a use for it on my nc50 skin. I use it as a nude eyeshadow to even the colour of my eyelid skin after primer And its absolutely wonderful for that purpose. Havent used it as a powder since, am using select sheer loose powder now in nc45

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

use this as a bronzer.
love the finish, not glittery, nor matte, just natural, just as skin looks. its hard to find products that actually looks like skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Right now, I'm about nc30-35. I use this to bronze more than to contour. With a light hand, I apply this around the perimeters of my face, over my nose and a little on my cheek. Fave brush to use is the ecotools bronzes brush.

I find that when I use this product to contour, It comes out really orangey and doesn't look natural at all.

on 11/16/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I heard alot about this powder so when I seen it at my cco of coarse I had to see what all the talk was about. I really dont need a lot of coverage and I dont really care for the matte look. For those reasons I really like this powder it evens out my skintone and gives me a healthy glow without looking powdery at all. If I would have to say something negative it would be I cannot use this everyday because I always end up with a whitehead if I do.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product! i use it as a finishing/touch up (on the rare occasion that i need to) powder. after i apply all my makeup i use either a buffer brush or a face powder brush and put it everywhere...its wonderful. It doesnt break me out, my nose gets a little oily during the day but i just use a napkin to dab...
PRICE: its the price of the average MAC powders, but i was able to find it on ebay 3 for $45 (and they are real, in the box, original packaging) so now i think they are SUPER cheap! i put them in a cool dark pantry and hopefully ill be able to use them all in a year or two!
APPLICATION: like i said before, amazing, smooth natural finish, ive never looked cakey, and even if i wear JUST this is give a little coverage (so i look like i have on NO makeup and perfect skin)
OVERALL: 5+....and if i ever run out ill def repurchase

on 4/14/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I wear this daily since I'm not a fan of liquid or cream foundations and I love it. It really does look natural & people can't even tell I'm wearing make up. I'm MAC color NC50 and this shade matches me perfectly so I think the Dark color is geared towards those with warm (yellow) undertones in their skin. A MAC associate initially sold me this product in Deep Dark and I literally looked red so if you have cool undertones you might want to try that shade.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

i bought this a few months ago & really like it. i got in dark to use as a bronzer. I thinking about getting it in medium dark to set my makeup. i wish it had a mirror & its kind of expensive but worth the money, it lasts forever!