75%

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 years ago

Backstory: I was passing by the body wash aisle in Walmart and 'something' caught my sniffer..It smelled clean, fresh, pleasant..I began sniffing some of the bottles/tubes to see 'which' one it was, and I *thought* it was this..(maybe it was..?) I bought it and brought it home and tested it on my hands. Sadly, I am 99% sure this was not 'the' smell I had been sniffing/wanting. To me this smells..masculine. Clean, yes, but....masculine. I can't quite place the smell, at first I thought maybe Old Spice, but then, no, then I thought....Irish Spring. I am thinking, to me, anyway, this smells very much like Irish Spring, and to me, because my dad used Irish Spring years ago when I was little, I associate that with a 'masculine' smell. Clean, fresh, yes, but again....masculine, at least imho..Just, to me, the scent is too powerful. (My dad used both old spice and irish spring growing up) Secondly, the wash itself, or the exfoliating aspect, anyway. I will not use this as a body wash, one, because the smell is too strong, and again, to me, masculine-smelling, but the exfoliating seems rough. It says 'Mild' but..no, not for me, anyway. I ended up putting this on the bathroom sink to use it for an occasional hand wash for the family, but my skin (and nose) is too sensitive for this to use it all over my body. I also tend to break out on my chest and back easily, so this I am not even going to attempt messing with this. I am sure this (obviously) has it's people who like this, but for me, it is just too strong and too harsh. I would think if you have dry skin, you would need some heavy-duty moisturizer with this. Just very strong stuff, imho. Will not re-purchase. But those that love it, great!! Just if you have a sensitive nose or sensitive or dry skin, this might not be for you...Also, imo it is not really a 'better' value in comparison with Dove and other d/s body washes, so, there is that. It might be a few pennies less, but I would rather spend a few more pennies and get something that is not going to irritate my nose or my skin, or make me smell like a guy (imo). IMO I really think they need to take the "Mild' label off of this. Again...jmo!! ;-)

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

5 years ago

This is probably one of the first body washes I've tried from equate. It's comparable to dove and dove was a little more pricey so I just got the equate version and I'm so glad I did. I love the smell and it leaves my sensitive dry skin incredibly soft. It doesn't really exfoliate but I didn't mind that at all.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

8 years ago

Bought this since it was cheap and stuff and so I actually really liked this stuff I love the little beads in it.. And it smells so so so good! Has a fresh scent and leaves your skin soft and smelling great!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

11 years ago

I started using this for myself after finding it in my fiance's bathroom when I moved in! I instantly fell in love with the smell...it was soft & delicate...neither feminine nor masculine, just lovely. This is the knock-off version of Dove's Exfoliating Beauty Wash. It contains small exfoliating beads in a creamy shower gel base. The first few ingredients are safflower seed or grapseed oil, and glycerin. It lathers so well, and it's a rich, creamy lather too. Just massaging it into the skin feels pampering. It rinses well, but leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft...sometimes I can even skip lotion all over my body (nice when I am in a rush). I have bought 3 bottles since I first started using it...it's going to be a staple in my shower!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29