St. Ives Intensive Healing- Advanced Body Moisturizer

St. Ives Intensive Healing- Advanced Body Moisturizer

4.5

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Oleo Europea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Urea, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

on 10/29/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Unfortunately I have had to stop using my beloved B&BW body creams as I have developed a bit of an allergy to some of them. I still use them on occasion, but I can't use them everyday anymore.

Interestingly I decided to give St. Ives a try after using some of the lotion in a Ladies Room in a restaurant. I liked it well enough that I went out and purchased a bottle for myself.

I find this lotion rich, creamy and emollient. The texture is nice as the consistency. It isn't too thick or too runny, but just right. It absorbs quickly leaving my skin soft and supple. I find no residue with this one nor does it peel off like some lotions.

One of the biggest selling points for me is that it is hypoallergenic. I have used this numerous times without a negative reaction. A plus for me because as I have aged I have unfortunately seemed to have developed a bit of a sensitivity to body care products including some perfumes.

This does have a floral type scent but I don't find that it lingers. It isn't bothersome to me but some mind not like it.

It comes in the standard pump bottle. I marked down the packaging one star as I find that the pump doesn't go all the way to the bottom so it is a hassle to get out the remaining lotion after the level falls below the pump. There can be quite a bit of product left at that point so I find myself taking the top off and shaking out the product. Kind of a hassle and time consuming when you are in a rush.

I have already purchased a 2nd bottle and will continue to use this lotion. I paid around $4.98 for a 20 ounce bottle. A decent price and you can often find coupons in the paper for this to reduce the price. Compared to my B&BW body creams this is a bargain.

on 8/12/2015 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm writing a review for ST IVES's Intensive Healing (Cranberry Seed & Grape Seed Oil)
I was previously using Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion and I love it to bits but it leaves my skin feeling icky so I could only use it before bed time. But I was totally reliant on that because other drugstore moisturizer could give only very temporal relief from dry skin.

This replaces my Jergens nicely and it is quickly absorbed by my skin that is good for both daytime and night time use. For the price, its totally worth it!

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/3/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This lotion is verry good for dry hands! It does moisturize well the body and last verry long on the skin. It smells like the old formula but with a hint of cranberry seed oil and grape seed oil. Love it!

on 2/11/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this lotion. It absorbs quickly, moisturizes well, and doesn't feel sticky or have any scent. Plus it's pretty cheap, too.

Actually did improve my skin (in winter especially) and this one in particular has very nice scent, A+

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It's...nice.

I usually buy this brand's Oatmeal & Shea Butter lotion; it offers insane moisture to my dry, easily irritated skin, that actually lasts. Therefore, when I saw the whole "24 hr. moisture" gig on the bottle of this one I was like "Well, I'll give it a try..."

The smell is light and minimally offensive (it's supposed to be fragrance free?) and the lotion is thick, going on the skin quite smoothly. I do like it. However, it doesn't offer me nearly as much moisture as my usual lotion, and it's useless for me in this winter weather; if I put it on in the morning by nightfall my legs are dry and itchy all over again. It also isn't good for extremely dry, cracked skin. It won't do much to solve that. It's okay, but definitely not St. Ives best.

on 1/15/2013 5:14:00 PM

Recently I had a hard time finding this, could only get the Vitamin E. Today I found it in Target, and bought the three remaining bottles on the shelf. Both my son and I use this (he has eczema and is very picky about lotions), so I stockpiled. It's no accident that the shelf was full of the other St Ives varieties (which are all good BTW) and down to the last three on this one - it is THE BEST-great value & quality.

on 12/2/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pros:
i) fairly good mix of proven skin healing and repairing ingredients and antioxidants.
ii) feels light yet moisturizing.
iii) cheap and it comes in humongous size.
iv) 'Fragrance' is listed last in the ingredients list of this lotion. For me the fragrance is barely there. It is gone after a few seconds.
Cons:
well there's no cons to be reported.

This is definitely a HG body lotion. I hope St. Ives doesn't go crazy and reformulate this lotion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This smells BAD. Like Muskoll. Otherwise a very good product.

What do I love about this moisturizer? Well, EVERYTHING!

You would expect something that's labelled as 'intensive' to be super heavy and greasy. This is not. It gets absorbed into your skin almost immediately and doesn't leave an icky, greasy feeling. And my skin felt soft and smooth instantly.

The fact that it's cruelty-free and paraben and phthalate-free seals the deal for me.

Super, über highly recommended!