3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I have deep toned skin (warm caramel) , and this is the ONLY sunscreen that has worked for me while blending into my skin. Every single sunscreen I've ever tried has made my skin look ashy. Plus I never enjoyed applying them because of the thick, goopy feel and strong smell. Plus it doesn't interfere with the look or feel of my foundation. (I use a light CC cream topped with mineral powder.) I'll keep buying this, at least for my face and neck, and use the cheaper Neutrogena stuff for my hands, arms and legs.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I've ben using this product for about a month now. I love the way this goes on, not greasy or too white. Not as watery as the Neutrogena product I had been using. Blends in well, plays well with makeup. I put this on and then foundation. Very satisfied to that point. However, I just went out with my sunglasses on the first "hot" day of the year. Where my face got a bit sweaty under my sunglasses, my skin turned an interesting shade of neon yellow. I am quite fair, by the way. Not flattering, to say the least. I almost want to try it on a very hot day to see if it's the sweat or sweat plus sunglasses causing the reaction, but it won't be in public. While I will finish the bottle (too pricey to pitch), it will be on cool days only. I may try the other versions LRP has, but will read reviews more closely. A pity, as I love a sunscreen with an SPF this high and the product feels wonderful. I wish I could get the French version.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Best sunscreen to date. I've tried arcona, Shiseido, neutrogena and alba. They all made my super sensitive and oily skin become very congested, thus breaking me out horribly. I've already bought another one for backup.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

10 years ago

I'm surprised by the negative reviews below. To me it's the best SS I've ever used. It beats my Shiseido SPF 55 and Diorsnow SPF 50, and here is why: - It is extremely lightweight; - absorbs instantaneously to a matte finish; - doesn't leave a white cast at all; - it doesn't take long before the oiliness dissipates. - It takes the least amount of effort to blend, unlike most sunscreens; and - it never ever balled on me when I put moisturizers or foundation on top of it. Superb product. Will be purchasing again and again. And, it's cheaper than both Shiseido and Diorsnow I mentioned above. I'm just so glad that CVS carries this brand.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

10 years ago

Like clove below, I experienced this sunscreen turning neon yellow on my skin after wearing it while running. I bought it instead of my time-tested LRP Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 60, which I will return to in the future. I ordered this ultra-light version because I needed sunscreen quickly before a backpacking trip, and it shipped overnight through Amazon. The finish is nice--not too shiny. However, the protection, in my opinion, is definitely not as good as the European formulas. I freckled/tanned slightly while using it over several days, and that has never happened to me with Dermo-Peds. I assume I got my share of unwanted UVA rays through it, as well. Next time, in a pinch, I'll spend less and get a Neutrogena formula. Update: This sunscreen stained my sports bra bright yellow! I have something of a Lady MacBeth obsession with stain removal, and I have been rewashing and soaking this garment maniacally, without luck. Even my beloved overnight Oxi-clean soak approach, always a silver bullet in the past, has made this atomic blemish worse! Makes me afraid to use up the rest of the sunscreen. Two thumbs down for LRP on this one!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry

HairBrown

1.0

10 years ago

I bought this product to wear daily, including during outdoor runs, so I wanted something protective. I personally am pleased with it's consistency, it's a tad moisturizing, but leaves a nice finish on my skin. However, when I wear it running it turns neon yellow! I guess maybe the antioxidants are oxidizing?--Who knows, but some chemical reaction causes it to turn bright yellow, at least on me.--Not a good look! Needless to say, I won't be purchasing it again, although I would consider repurchasing the euro version.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I bought this product in fall of 2009 at a CVS drugstore. The bottle says anthelios 60 ultralight fluide with Cell-Ox. It also says it is antioxidant. I do understand the complaints about these products being greasy. When I first applied it, I was worried it would cause breakouts as it does feel "slick" and oily going on. However, the oily feeling soon dissipates. I have dry skin so a bit of oil isn't a negative for me. It does cause a sheen to the face; however, again, being older, I like that it gives me a bit of a "glow" under makeup. If you are naturally oily this may not work for you. I tried Anthelios b/c I had read so many glowing reviews in beauty mags over the years. I had previously been using a combination moisturizer/sunscreen (Neutrogena) as well as Clinique City Block and neither were working for me. I have large melasma patches and needed something very effective. So far, this has worked for me as I've been in the sun several times and my patches haven't darkened. We'll see how it holds up during summer.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

11 years ago

This product is terrible for my oily skin, despite the bottle I purchased specifying that it is for normal to combo skin. I look like an oil sheen the moment I put it on and the thick sheen lasts all day. I bought this because so many dermatologists rave about it's excellent uva/uvb protection. Nonetheless, my favorite sunscreen continues to the Sofina Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50- this is truly an excellent product for those with oily skin. The only reason I tried Anthlios in the first place is because I am unsure whether Sofina actually protects from uva rays (Japanese packaging makes it difficult for me to know).

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

I'm extremely disappointed in this product. After reading all of the rave reviews on La Roche Posay sunscreens, I thought I would try it. Well, it burned the crap out of my face. It's just like your typical drugstore brand sunscreen, (i.e. Neutrogena) except it's 30 bucks. If you have sensitive skin, look elsewhere. I will say that it's light and dries down to a matte finish. It's not worth the burn or $30.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

While I have issues of rosacea on my cheeks, this product did not aggravate my skin or eyes at all, which was nice. I like the high PPD and SPF protection but unfortunately, if I use 1 T. amount of this product on my face, it makes me SUPER shiny .. which is unfortunate because I did want to like this product. Also, due to the silica and the oiliness of my face, this product comes off and feels very liquidy on my face .. it's awfully reminiscent of Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen for me, but even the Neutrogena one was better (in that it was slightly more matte when I used a ton of product on my face). The HG sunscreen search is still on.

About reviewer (211 reviews)

AgeUnder 18