Krasnaya Moskva/Red Moscow

No Image

I am surprised some reviews call this cheap smelling . It gets great reviews at Amazon and another perfume review site .

It does smell like a classic . It is spicy, similar to Guerlain’s L’ Heure Bleu according to many who have reviewed it . I think it is lovely and a fantastic deal . Who would not want a lasting bottle of LB that costs around $20 including shipping ( If purchased at Ebay )?

I purchased a bottle OF LB a month ago and sent it back because I could not smell it after ten minutes .

This has an elegant retro classic vibe and is VERY feminine and spicy . It is not a sugar or caramel bomb like a lot of other scents. Red Moscow has endured for over 100 years because women find it lovely !

on 8/30/2009 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Red Moscow is a floriental from the old school. It's very much like
L'Origan. If you like Bellodgia, L'Interdit, Joy, White Shoulders
and the old Evyans, L'Origan, Boucheron, Lady Caron, you might
give Red Moscow a try. Reminds me of a night out at the Russian
ballet or symphony, but pleasant enough to wear every day.

on 8/2/2009 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

"Krasnaya Moskva", or "Red Moscow" was a rename of "The Empress's Favorite Bouquet" (referring to Russian last Tzarina Aleksandra). It is a carnation-based spicy perfume, with rich ambery-woody tones. After the revolution the perfume factory was nationalized, many ingredience of this perfume were changed....Well.. now it's just a remake, cheep and laud

on 5/30/2009 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Soviet perfume, talk about history. Apparently most people who lived through the soviet era hate this perfume because it was pretty much the only affordable scent so everyone wore it. For myself, I have no history with it and I find it delightful. Caveats: It DOES smell a little cheaply made, but somehow that doesn't detract for me. Listed notes are Bergamot, coriander, ylang ylang, rose, jasmine, iris and vanilla bean. It is definitely an old-style floral (supposedly it was developed in 1913 originally, for the empress) but it comes out on me as sweet candy and play doh, which probably explains why I like it. It is innocent, oddly and such a strange contrast with it's history. Controversial and stigmatized, the scent itself is none of that. There are hints of spice and definitely the dry down is that salty vanilla play-doh on my skin, but there's also clearly rose and iris. It's almost edible, probably in the same way kindergarten paste and play-doh can seem edible. Wow, am I not selling this one, but I have to say only that I really really like it and have sought out a full bottle. It's not terribly expensive, but it is very hard to find. There's a Golden Moscow available for $15 at an online retailer, but I have yet to try that one.