Wet 'n' Wild Liner #712

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2016 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have literally 20 back ups of this. This is such a natural color and goes with just about any nude or brown lipstick you could think of. I use it with "bare it all" or sometimes with "pink suga" and it gives me the most defined natural looking pout. This stays put and glides on easily - I think they have recently reformulated and now their pencils are much creamier and easier to use.

This only costs $1.57 at Wal-Mart for me in Canada, I can only imagine how cheap it must be in the states! There is a huge amount of product you get too and it has just the right amount of pigmentation so you don't need to sharpen as often as you don't need to apply as much when using it. All of the colors in this line are fantastic. I have also tried Chestnut, Red berry and Plumberry - all of very creamy and VERY pigmented. Great product. :)

This pencil was super dry and hard to apply. I would have been okay with that but the color was like a orangish brown....not a good color for me...

To Read all 89 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/24/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the perfect as a natural lip liner for me. My everyday HG under other lipstick or alone with gloss. It's a tad on the dry side but that works for me as well because it stays on all day. It's cheap..you can't lose if you think you might like this...

on 6/14/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wet 'n' Wild Lipliner in #712 (AKA Willow) is the perfect neutral lipliner. I actually think it's a closer match to MAC's Spice Lipliner than #666. It's more neutral with less wine tones than #666. And you can't beat the price. This pencil retails for only $0.99. These pencils have really improved a lot too. I remember them being very hard in the past, but the pencil I just bought is very smooth and creamy.

Basically you can use this pencil in two ways. You can either fill the whole mouth in with it over some lip balm for the perfect nude lip, or you can use it just on the lipline for better definition or to avoid feathering. One trick to avoid having an obviously outlined mouth is not to use the pencil around the whole mouth. Simply use it where you need it. For example, I have a very defined lipline except around the bow of my my lip, so I just use it there. Then I fill in with lipstick. If my lipstick wears off before my liner, I'm not left with an obvious outline around my mouth. Although #712 is very natural looking, I still think a keen observer would be able to detect the outline if I weren't wearing lipstick. This is just something I'm paranoid about! Overall, terrific product. I'll keep buying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE! Goes with basically everything! I line this a bit outside my lipline and pair it with Bare It All or Pink Suga, and my lips look so full! It is a great nude color and can't believe it's so cheap and so good! I have used #666 in the past, but that one was a bit too dark for me. #712 is perfect!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A gem for a buck!! This & 666 are my staples. I own MAC spice, strip down, & subculture but 712 & 666 are almost nearly as good esp on a budget, practically identical twins really for all practical purposes.

on 11/5/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hands-down my favorite liner ever. It stays put and it lasts forever. It also helps your lipstick last. It can be used alone with some balm over it or under lipstick. I have never used it just as a liner. It's a perfect natural-looking color. I have been using it since high school and was amazed to find it has such a cult following--deservedly so.

I've tried other liners but I always come back. I have stopped trying anything else. I paired this with MAC Varneesh on my wedding day and both lasted all day with only one reapplication.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lipliner goes so well with "bare it all" lipstick which is also from wet n wild. It's definitely a warm nude color. Perfect for day. It's not as pigmented as brandy wine lipliner because its a soft nude shade but it looks nice even by itself.

on 4/27/2013 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The best. I've used this since high school, since before it was called "Willow." Back then I alternated between this and the shimmery #666, but as I've aged I've come to appreciate this one much more. Over lip balm it gives your mouth--well, my mouth at least--a perfect done but natural look. I used to be a lipstick junkie but can't wear it anymore--I find it makes me look old, it's too artificial. I like gloss but it can feel so heavy and icky. This is great for when you want something matte and finished. And it's so cheap. Will I buy it again? Sure, if the one I have runs out which I can't see happening anytime soon.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great MLBB color. Easy to use - glides on and gives soft color to moisturized lips. Layer a bit of Rosebud Salve on top with a lip brush and you have the most natural looking polished lips. WnW packaging has also gotten better since I was a kid. Thanks, MUA for recommending this lipliner! For $.99, you can't go wrong.

Popular Lip Liners