chacott loose powder

No Image

3.8

on 10/6/2016 3:41:00 AM

This is perfect for setting ur foundation,, it gives a little coverage does not cake up

on 3/2/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

(+)
-The price is very cheap for the huge package (170 grams). Yes, it is a real 170. You can get it for around USD$25 and it lasts for monthsssss.
-It's light, either its texture is so soft. Your skin may look (and feel) cakey at the first apply, but in a couple minutes it does blend with your skin tone.
-The thickness can be categorized as fair to medium, so it is good for daily natural make-up since it doesn't make you look like a make-up goddess.
-It has many different shades of color, so you don't have to deal with complains like "if only it has more color..." or "this absolutely does not match with my skin color". I tried the translucent one for a newbie, and am still using it until now.

(-)
-Oil control is just so-so, not as fabulous as all the claims I received about this loose powder. I live in Indonesia which is a tropical area, and in addition, most of times the weather in the city is extremely dry and hot. This product worked well for the sweat, not the oil. I need to blot about 4 times or more if I stayed outdoor, but if you're the one who worked in the air-conditioned room all day long, maybe you need only 1-2 blots. If your skin type is dry or slightly oily, it may give you different results, which I kinda sure will be better.

Conclusion:
Chacott finishing powder gives me a little breakout but I will still repurchase because I've tried loose powder from some famous brands (and with much more higher price) and the result is similar with this one. Blotting is just inevitable. I use BB cream and this product works fine with if I put aside the blotting problem, I feel no need to try different loose powder anymore.

I got this in Japan in 766. The colour is quite fitting for my NC25ish skin, and the powder's quality is comparable to CDP's famous loose powder. However, I've discovered a loose powder only works as well as the foundation beneath it. I've still got half jar to go, but when it's finished, I won't repurchase.

on 11/9/2010 7:29:00 PM

I bought this in clear 30g off of Yahoo!HK auction for abt $23 CAD. The size is big and very good value compared to the price. It also comes in 150g, which is humungous!! It doesnt come with a puff, and I usually apply with a kabuki brush. Chacott is designed for ballet dancers on stage where they sweat and hot environment and no time for touchups. The powder is very smooth, but not really sure about the oil control power. Still have to blot several times each time. At first, it would look kinda powdery once applied, but then after few minutes it starts to melt into the skin. Overall, it's good setting powder for the price. If you don't need oil control, it would be really good.
For more detail review, pls see my page:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is excellent in oil-control, it easily wins out of all the loose powders I've tried. I won't even think about going back and try other loose powders after I tried Chacott. Yes it's pretty hard to find outside Japan, but this powder leaves my skin feeling light, and keeps my face fresh. I could totally see the difference on my makeup throughout the day when I use this powder and when I use other loose powder (say Jill Stuart's). This loose powder by Chacott is the best I've come across so far.

on 9/10/2011 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I got this because apparently Chacott has won so many votes and awards for their loose powders.
Chacott is very cheap in japan probably around $14 RRP but i got this off ebay for almost $30
Anyway based on soo many reviews this is the best oil-controlling loose powder so i was so excited to use it coz my skin is oily. Well...these reviewers who claimed this beats all high end powders in oil control must have had normal or dry skin because this doesnt exactly keep the oil away for more than 2 hours. I got this in 763 which is the white, colourless powder. Such a shame, 30g of product and less than satisfactory results..I purchased MAC blot to keep away the shine and oil where all loose powders cant seem to do.

on 8/26/2010 7:45:00 AM

I've been using this loose powder for a long time. I love how finely milled it is, and a light dusting is enough to set my makeup without ruining the texture I've carefully created or covering it up too much. It's so inexpensive and comes in an incredibly large tub! Love it!

on 12/9/2009 9:34:00 AM

Worth a try. They have it in 30g and 170g( that's right,170g!!). And they are not expensive, 2900 jpy for 30g and 3600jpy for 170g. So i decided to have the 170g in translucent. Its really 5 dollars more in the US dollar. Its not the best powder i've used, but totally a HG product. Its hard to carrying a big jar around so i put some in my empty case just incase i need to retouch. The only bad thing is they are only availiable in Japan and Taiwan. That makes it hard to tell which shade u should get, cuz the colour look very similar on the internet. For me its basically a life supply. It gives u a matte finish, and controls oil. I have dry skin( really really dry skin), but this product does not make my skin even drier. And it did not break me out.

on 6/10/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG loose powder! I live in Hong Kong and i've heard a lot of reviews about this from lots of local forums so I decided to check it out when I went to Japan. I bought a tub of this and it's amazing! I used to get oily in the afternoon and have to blot at least twice during the day but after applying this it controlled my oil issues and I only have to blot once. It gives me a silky matte finish, and on days when I don't have time to put on foundation before I rush off to school I just apply a moisturizer, swipe this all over my face and I'm ready to go. I highly recommend trying this if you happen to be in Japan, because it really is worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is by no means a luxury loose powder. Why?
1. It's not finely milled.
2. It cakes
3. It "deadens" your skin tone. Possibly because it's meant to be loose foundation for stage makeup use (under glaring stage lights), it does not give you that radiant glow that most other loose powders do.
What's good about it, however:
1. It's REALLY cheap
2. It lives up to its oil-absorbing promises, I never once had to blot whilst using it.